Jaiden's nifty interior bounce-passing

lvocd

It was a treat to watch McCoy make those cool passes last night, and if I am recalling correctly, one of them even resulted in a score. I'd love so see WAY more bounce passing from our team.

I bring this up not just to give a shout-out to Jaiden for her particularly nice game, but also because I'm hoping like all get-out that Kellie will have time to get our players ready for the onslaught of bounce passes that will surely be attempted by posts to feed players breaking through the lane in the Connecticut game.

And yes, I know -- of ALL people on this board *I* know -- that we have to worry about breaking that horrific win streak that Alabama has on us first. I just happened to think of those CT bounce passes as I recalled JM's performance and I wanted to mention it.

There is no more exciting skill in basketball (IMO) than for someone to be proficient at getting a clean bounce pass through traffic for an assist. Whew!!!!

BEAT ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I also wanted to give a shout-out to McCoy and ALL of her teammates for the sustained level of effort and energy they gave last night. The way they are all making the effort to maintain a better defensive posture is paying huge dividends. Yes, it's hard as hell to do that, but, by gawd, it's really, really, reallllllly working. They just need to keep it up and keep getting those legs stronger and stronger with each practice and game they give that much effort in.

I'm so proud of this team.
Unknown.png

I also wanted to give a shout-out to McCoy and ALL of her teammates for the sustained level of effort and energy they gave last night. The way they are all making the effort to maintain a better defensive posture is paying huge dividends. Yes, it's hard as hell to do that, but, by gawd, it's really, really, reallllllly working. They just need to keep it up and keep getting those legs stronger and stronger with each practice and game they give that much effort in.

View attachment 254872
Amen

View attachment 254872
You are so sweet!

Reactions: RollerVol
Coach K has given every possible effort to let every player shine...All 11 players has or is nearly at double digit minutes!

I’m loving it. It seems like some don’t get many minutes. But compared to what the end of the bench was seeing last year? It’s a massive difference.

Kamera only entered 19 games and averaged 6 minutes. Which means she only played in games we won. This year she has an opportunity to actually affect the fate of the game. win or lose. I think that is so awesome.

I’m sure the returning bench players really appreciate Coach Harper. She seems interested in making EVERYONE better, not just the 5 stars. I love that she discusses her subbing strategy and communicates openly with players about their PT and why it is what it is. I’m sure she’s also telling them what they can do to improve it. And that’s DEFENSE, since the beginning of time, you get more PT off the bench for good defense than you ever will for good offense.

View attachment 254872
The team finally lowered their turnovers to 15 for the game. We do no need turnover in the UConn game.

Reactions: lvocd and RollerVol
Team is spacing so much better and moving the ball. We are playing some really good defense. I hope we bring an A game to UCONN, they are really vulnerable against tall athletic teams, and are not playing near their talent level, I blame coaching and his health problems (ode to his nasty remarks about Pat) but true. They are beatable if we bring it. They seem to lack leadership, and seriously lack leadership on floor. Memphis, USF have let them get away with close ones. I think with our subbing we can wear them down. Key, Davis, and Horston have to stay out of foul trouble.Jaidan will play minutes and liking her leadership and taking her shots. She needs to be a bruiser, ala Cunningham, on court.

Team is spacing so much better and moving the ball. We are playing some really good defense....
...Jaidan will play minutes and liking her leadership and taking her shots. She needs to be a bruiser, ala Cunningham, on court.

Agree 100% on the improved spacing and defense, but can only half agree with your take on Jaiden.

I want Jaiden to be strong and aggressive, both characteristics that Cunningham had in spades. Unfortunately, she just took it tad too far for my taste, and I’d be disappointed if McCoy went that route. Yes, Cunningham was highly effective. I even appreciate her competitive drive. But she appeared to intentionally hurt people at times, and that’s not cool.

From the relatively little I’ve seen of Jaiden on the court, I believe I’ve seen enough in her body language to know she has a highly competitive nature and won’t mind using her mature strength to help her team however she can. I think she just needs more time to mesh with the majority of Kellie’s first unit.

love it when a play comes together...we want to be playing with controlled chaos...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

It was a treat to watch McCoy make those cool passes last night, and if I am recalling correctly, one of them even resulted in a score. I'd love so see WAY more bounce passing from our team.

I bring this up not just to give a shout-out to Jaiden for her particularly nice game, but also because I'm hoping like all get-out that Kellie will have time to get our players ready for the onslaught of bounce passes that will surely be attempted by posts to feed players breaking through the lane in the Connecticut game.

And yes, I know -- of ALL people on this board *I* know -- that we have to worry about breaking that horrific win streak that Alabama has on us first. I just happened to think of those CT bounce passes as I recalled JM's performance and I wanted to mention it.

There is no more exciting skill in basketball (IMO) than for someone to be proficient at getting a clean bounce pass through traffic for an assist. Whew!!!!

BEAT ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!
Nice comments .. Jaidens Mom .. she played good ..

VN Store

Back