Jaiden McCoy Returning?

LadyVols_WBK

This is just speculation but Jaiden McCoy has deleted a post on Instagram that she posted in November of her posing in her TN uniform and captioned it "Last go around" so maybe she is returning and if she does that leaves us with a surplus of players at the 4 with the freshmen

This is just speculation but Jaiden McCoy has deleted a post on Instagram that she posted in November of her posing in her TN uniform and captioned it "Last go around" so maybe she is returning and if she does that leaves us with a surplus of players at the 4 with the freshmen
I think she will start Senior night and play a couple of minutes before sitting, don't think she plays more than that.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Be interesting to see which seniors come back in the SEC as some teams going to lose big if some seniors don't come back. Teams like Texas A&M, Arkansas, LSU, and Alabama will lose the core of their solid contributors. Kentucky would lose McKinney and Patterson which is a duo that has been their most effective players after Howard. Of course we lose Davis and KK which will hurt us especially Davis in a huge way. I really don't know what McCoy brings she hasn't played enough since she has been here to get a read on her. She has played some effective minutes and some horrible minutes as well. The teams looking strongest next season are SC by a lot and then it could be several teams including Tennessee looking at second place all depends on how the final rosters pan out.

I think she will start Senior night and play a couple of minutes before sitting, don't think she plays more than that.
She is injured she is out for the rest of the year I am saying that she might return for another year since she was injured this whole season.

Be interesting to see which seniors come back in the SEC as some teams going to lose big if some seniors don't come back. Teams like Texas A&M, Arkansas, LSU, and Alabama will lose the core of their solid contributors. Kentucky would lose McKinney and Patterson which is a duo that has been their most effective players after Howard. Of course we lose Davis and KK which will hurt us especially Davis in a huge way. I really don't know what McCoy brings she hasn't played enough since she has been here to get a read on her. She has played some effective minutes and some horrible minutes as well. The teams looking strongest next season are SC by a lot and then it could be several teams including Tennessee looking at second place all depends on how the final rosters pan out.
a part of me wants her to retun lol we were deep before the szn started an now we are like 6 players deep now because injuries piled up as the season progressed Jaiden returning means another body so im actually glad she returns and Keyen too

UGA will be almost completely depleted as well. They will be losing essentially all of their major scoring and rebounding. Will be a very different look for them without Morrison, Caldwell, Connally and Staiti.

In terms of what teams have coming back I like our chances next season. We lose Davis but if someone can make the Burrell jump we have a lot coming back. Agree that SC is likely to be the best team again next season.

Thinking we will see some transfers from schools in the top half of the SEC. Hopefully not us.

Wondering if McCoy might be gearing up for a grad transfer? I just don’t see her ever breaking solid minutes at UT.

UGA will be almost completely depleted as well. They will be losing essentially all of their major scoring and rebounding. Will be a very different look for them without Morrison, Caldwell, Connally and Staiti.

In terms of what teams have coming back I like our chances next season. We lose Davis but if someone can make the Burrell jump we have a lot coming back. Agree that SC is likely to be the best team again next season.

Thinking we will see some transfers from schools in the top half of the SEC. Hopefully not us.

Wondering if McCoy might be gearing up for a grad transfer? I just don’t see her ever breaking solid minutes at UT.
Right I don't know if any of those players are returning. I could see most of them coming back none are high draft choices.

If McCoy returns to play college basketball for another year its gonna be at TN since 2016 she has had a hard time fitting into a college program( Virginia Tech,LA Tech, JUCO,etc) and she said herself she loves TN and its the right fit for her.....For McCoy its return another year to TN or hang up the shoes for good

a part of me wants her to retun lol we were deep before the szn started an now we are like 6 players deep now because injuries pilled up as the season progressed Jaiden returning means another body so im actually glad she returns and Keyen too

Problem with Jaiden is it doesn’t appear she’s ever going to be a player who is available for an entire season. Would be best for her to move on to a less physical league and we could fill her spot with a transfer with some toughness and scoring.

Seems like a nice gal but she’s yet to play a complete season. Graduated HS in 2016 and has managed to play only one full season, at the JUCO level. History would indicate its very unlikely she will miraculously play a full productive season if she stays.

Love all of our players but we have been a much better team this season and it’s clear our bench needs an upgrade. I think Coach Harper has put the program in a prime spot to attract some really quality transfers or grad transfers. Would not be shocked to see some turnover toward the end of our bench. Hoping our top 6 or so stay intact aside from graduations.

Last edited:
Right I don't know if any of those players are returning. I could see most of them coming back none are high draft choices.

I think they’ll move on. Several of them are already 5th years due to injury. All of them might be actually. I think they all had a knee injury at one point. Maybe not Caldwell

I think they’ll move on. Several of them are already 5th years due to injury. All of them might be actually. I think they all had a knee injury at one point. Maybe not Caldwell
Que Morrison(senior) has been injured every year of her college career and missed some time looked at her profile on the UGA website and she has not ever redshirted so maybe she comes back

Que Morrison(senior) has been injured every year of her college career and missed some time looked at her profile on the UGA website and she has not ever redshirted so maybe she comes back

That’s possible. Doubt we will see many players taking advantage of the extra year. Could be wrong though.

For me it just doesn’t make sense unless you’re getting more education. You have to start working at some point. Just playing college ball for the heck of it is kinda silly unless you’re going to be a championship contender.

For UK, I can see Patterson (really only played 2 full seasons) and McKinney taking advantage of that extra year. If they could get some size, they will be a top 3 team in the SEC next season.

TAMU will be a rebuilding year. I can't imagine a scenario where their seniors decide to come back. Same is true for the seniors at Tennessee, but they have more pieces returning and some interesting prospects coming in next year. UGA will be in rebuilding mode too, but they have some talent coming in next season as well. Arkansas will look very different, but will stay in the top half of the SEC standings with Eaton and Wolfenbarger coming in, along with Daniels, Davis and Barnum returning. LSU and Alabama will both be gutted with the loss of their best players.

There will be transfers for sure. I've already commented how there should be quite a few from MSST. As the rotation at SC settles with the freshmen coming in, I wouldn't surprised to see a transfer or two. Same with UConn out of conference.

For UK, I can see Patterson (really only played 2 full seasons) and McKinney taking advantage of that extra year. If they could get some size, they will be a top 3 team in the SEC next season.

TAMU will be a rebuilding year. I can't imagine a scenario where their seniors decide to come back. Same is true for the seniors at Tennessee, but they have more pieces returning and some interesting prospects coming in next year. UGA will be in rebuilding mode too, but they have some talent coming in next season as well. Arkansas will look very different, but will stay in the top half of the SEC standings with Eaton and Wolfenbarger coming in, along with Daniels, Davis and Barnum returning. LSU and Alabama will both be gutted with the loss of their best players.

There will be transfers for sure. I've already commented how there should be quite a few from MSST. As the rotation at SC settles with the freshmen coming in, I wouldn't surprised to see a transfer or two. Same with UConn out of conference.

Doesn’t it feel like we say that year after year they got owens and Edwards (6-2 and versatile). I’m good with their position and they can thank COVID for that win against us and having Rennia out🤣

Doesn’t it feel like we say that year after year they got owens and Edwards (6-2 and versatile). I’m good with their position and they can thank COVID for that win against us and having Rennia out🤣
Not convinced that Owens is 6'4 or Edwards is 6'2. Probably closer to 6'2 and 6'0. I don't know how tall Tamari is (6'5 or 6'7), but she dwarfed both of them. Yet, Staiti looked like she was eye-to-eye with Key yesterday.

They have everything else they need, but are missing a physical post who can play defense and rebound...neither of which Owens can do.

one thing for sure April - June is gonna be very interesting we wont be bored at all😂

If I’m that class I’m leaving together. If just one of them returns it’s likely going to be a long season. Looks like UGA is headed for a rebuild.

Barker looks to be the heir apparent scoring guard, guessing they will be running a lot through her next season. Haven’t been that impressed with her though. She’s tough and pretty strong but she’s not a very good offensive player. Fades away on all her shots shooting a low percentage from the field, from 3 and from the line. Has no first step to get to the rim and can’t play over athletic defenders in the SEC.

The announcers seem really high on Barker every time she plays but I just haven’t seen it. She has a ton of confidence, but her game isn’t anything special. Plays almost 18 minutes a game and only averages 5 point and 2 boards.

If I’m that class I’m leaving together. If just one of them returns it’s likely going to be a long season. Looks like UGA is headed for a rebuild.

Barker looks to be the heir apparent scoring guard, guessing they will be running a lot through her next season. Haven’t been that impressed with her though. She’s tough and pretty strong but she’s not a very good offensive player. Fades away on all her shots shooting a low percentage from the field, from 3 and from the line. Has no first step to get to the rim and can’t play over athletic defenders in the SEC.

The announcers seem really high on Barker every time she plays but I just haven’t seen it. She has a ton of confidence, but her game isn’t anything special. Plays almost 18 minutes a game and only averages 5 point and 2 boards.
neither am I lol Barker is like Tess Darby but with more playing time and no shin splits

Last edited:
No doubt we could use to top transfer experienced five star player on the team next season. I'll wait until the rosters are settled easy to tell who is what when that happens.

Current team's bench...
27a.%20rickety-bench_9587-1.jpg

Next season's team bench...
bilde

neither am I lol Barker is like Tess Darby but with more playing time and no shin splits

I would like to have seen what Tess would have done against her.

Offensively, not sure if Tess could have gotten off clean shots against GA quickness unless they left her wide open. I do think Tess (and Jess) would have set hard screens although GA didn't seem to have any problem getting over our screens. And the way we were shooting with open looks, not sure if picks and screens would have done a lot of good anyway.

VN Store

Back