Jaiden McCoy Rebound Picture

JohnTN

The News Sentinel had a picture in the sports section of Jaiden rebounding and she is at least a foot off the floor - and she might have peaked even higher than the photo shows. Nice job Jaiden.

Hard to find players with 12 inch verticals just ask KK she still working on getting that type of elevation.

The News Sentinel had a picture in the sports section of Jaiden rebounding and she is at least a foot off the floor - and she might have peaked even higher than the photo shows. Nice job Jaiden.
A whole foot? We see a lot of high school girls who get over 2 feet off the floor. Do our players jump rope as part of the S&C program? Rope jumping can really improve agility and jumping ability.

I posted the comment because there have been many others say that our post players can't get off the floor. A foot isn't much, but it is elevation for a big.

Reactions: lvocd
I posted the comment because there have been many others say that our post players can't get off the floor. A foot isn't much, but it is elevation for a big.
They can't get off the floor. That is why thy miss 50% of their layups and get their shots blocked, The upcoming off season presents an opportunity for the bigs to become effective bigs by getting in good condition and improving their strength. With the higth on this team, they should be dominating the paint; offensively and defensively.

Agreed. When we’ve witnessed possessions this season that we couldn’t have slipped a piece of rice paper between players and the floor on rebounds and layups, seeing one get a foot off the floor is definitely significant. That’s an area that I expect some improvement in next season, but I’m guessing that the particular muscle ratios that mosts of our posts have will prevent them from ever developing into strong leapers. Jaiden may be the lone exception.

Don’t I remember Andrsys Carter had a 42” height? It was something that I would ever be able to do even with a trampoline!

VN Store

Back