Jaiden McCoy enters the transfer portal

I liked her as player this last year, rebounding, shooting 3s, etc but really Marta has the same skill set and a much higher ceiling.

I don't remember Jaiden hitting 3's except in an earlier game (when she couldn't miss). I don't think she's a consistent threat from deep but she could have taken a big step this year and we caught a glimpse before she was injured. Regardless, I wish her well.

Before, Marta was in the process of changing her body to have more success inside at the 4. I'm excited to see how the metamorphosis turns out. If she can handle the physicality of the inside game, she could be very successful at applying pressure from the 4 along with Striplin.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Before, Marta was in the process of changing her body to have more success inside at the 4. I'm excited to see how the metamorphosis turns out. If she can handle the physicality of the inside game, she could be very successful at applying pressure from the 4 along with Striplin.
Yes, I believe Marta and Green are KJH's version of what Jaiden might have become. And Striplin is the bonus, so no real room to develop a player with limited eligibility left at the same position. This kind of decision will have to happen with transfermania going on. Less room on the bench for the project player as their elig clock winds down.

In spite of my policy of never getting excited about recruits until their proven, I have a good feeling about Striplin. Also confidence Marta and Green will return in top shape and ready. We're just not sure about the ceiling of any of those three though.

Guess she changed her mind and no longer had a place or wanted to be at Tennessee.
Could be that Masters degree thing discussed earlier. If you aren’t going to play professionally let some school pick up the tab for a masters.
Seemed like a great kid. Hope she stays healthy and comes out with whatever her academic goals are paid for.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I don't remember Jaiden hitting 3's except in an earlier game (when she couldn't miss). I don't think she's a consistent threat from deep but she could have taken a big step this year and we caught a glimpse before she was injured. Regardless, I wish her well.

scary,,,but, I agree with all of this

Whatever. Go pick on someone else.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Bret178
Listen, I'm not falling for your tactic. When you don't think you're getting enough attention, you reach out and pick a fight with someone. Afterwards, you play the persecution card and get any offending posts deleted. Not today. I'm taking the day off. Deal with it and select someone else to fight with.

Why is she on portal when she mentioned that she's done with Basketball.
That is a smart move if you don't think you're going to be play basketball for $$$. The cost of college is expensive. If basketball will pay for another year of it, why not? She should get as much education as basketball can afford her.

No. I was talking about her on court performance. Full stop.

That’s a relief. Thank you for clarifying.

I still have to disagree about her on court performance because I feel like her injuries prevented her from ever getting a chance to get enough minutes to get into any kind of rhythm. I mean, you may be right — I just didn’t see it.

One thing you’ll have to acknowledge, though, is that right before the season-ending head injury, Jaiden showed tremendous moxy taking, and making, a couple of timely threes that made many of us hopeful that we could possibly benefit greatly from that new development going forward. Sadly, she never got the chance, but that definitely showed (to me) some mental toughness.

Last edited:
She really never played at Tennessee enough to see if she could help a team. We'll see how she works out with Troy. I thought she was better player than two or three we still have on the roster.

VN Store

Back