Jahmir Johnson, 270-lb starting guard

Would like to see him and Tatum at the starting T positions next year with the big freshmen starting out at G. If he puts on 30 lbs, could be a really good SEC and NFL RT with his athleticism and toughness in run blocking.

Personally, I would LOVE TO SEE TREY SMITH back at T next year! I hope and pray the young man makes it back. If not, I hope and pray he will be healthy and live a LONG LIFE! He is a great young man who seems to be very unselfish!

Honestly when Pruitt recruited this guy it was kind of a head scratcher in a way. He remarked how small we were but recruits a small guy to play G? That always seemed strange. This could be a situation where the staff whiffed big time in their evaluation.
Plays with an edge, good length, good frame to build on, probably moves well in pulling situations. Probably wanted to develop him but had to start him. Says more about our roster than him. JMO.

Reactions: Remy
But... Butch Jones was a great coach and developer of talent...

I only bring this up because there are still a few around here that defend him.

They are slowly becoming extinct around these parts. Let them go peacefully, with dignity... and a good kick in the backside.

It’s a shame the program is in such bad shape that Tatum and Locklear couldn’t have been redshirted already. I think both have ability to be good but they are behind physically due to lack of RS year.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Wouldn't you think the first thing to happen with an effective S&C program would be the loss of body fat? The muscle will come. Want to see one of those pics comparing IJB's team to CJP's long about 8/15 next year.

VN Store

Back