Jack Ryan, Amazon

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
also, good show on Amazon prime. i'm about 1/2 way thru it. like the cast a lot. and i like how they've updated the jack ryan character to modern day, while keeping the bones of the original character together. if you're clancy fan, i think you'll like it.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Not bad but JK still isn't the best agent from The Office.

tenor.gif

Doing this series as well as the Benghazi movie has to have put Krasinski into some SJW crosshairs. Thought the show was amazing and did an amazing balance of portraying a young idealistic Ryan and portraying some humanity with people doing some damn evil acts.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Doing this series as well as the Benghazi movie has to have put Krasinski into some SJW crosshairs. Thought the show was amazing and did an amazing balance of portraying a young idealistic Ryan and portraying some humanity with people doing some damn evil acts.
agreed.

Hard not to see Jim when I watch this, but Krasinski does a good job

also, good show on Amazon prime. i'm about 1/2 way thru it. like the cast a lot. and i like how they've updated the jack ryan character to modern day, while keeping the bones of the original character together. if you're clancy fan, i think you'll like it.
I agree, the changes are good so far. They stay close to the spirit of the character, yet update it. Tweaking Cathy Muller/Ryan back story is good. Opens up her a little more to the story line vs her original specialty. Kinda miss the patriot games story line that gets him to the cia, but this is more believable. All in all good tweaks so far, hell my wife even likes it. Unfortunately that's slowing down my binge watching. Lol

Reactions: butchna

He already is in the crosshairs of some SJW losers (sorry for being redundant). He and Chris Pratt are doing this fitness thing that helps donate money to Veterans. When it was initially posted on twitter all these liberal idiots who write for the NYT and other left wing rags were making fun of them, saying he's going to be worse than Clint Eastwood or Jon Voight. What a crime, raising money to help veterans and support those that are coming home that are damaged physically and mentally.

I agree, the changes are good so far. They stay close to the spirit of the character, yet update it. Tweaking Cathy Muller/Ryan back story is good. Opens up her a little more to the story line vs her original specialty. Kinda miss the patriot games story line that gets him to the cia, but this is more believable. All in all good tweaks so far, hell my wife even likes it. Unfortunately that's slowing down my binge watching. Lol
Patriot Games was about getting him BACK to the CIA. This is an origin story broached by the movie with Chris Pine but much better fleshed out.

He already is in the crosshairs of some SJW losers (sorry for being redundant). He and Chris Pratt are doing this fitness thing that helps donate money to Veterans. When it was initially posted on twitter all these liberal idiots who write for the NYT and other left wing rags were making fun of them, saying he's going to be worse than Clint Eastwood or Jon Voight. What a crime, raising money to help veterans and support those that are coming home that are damaged physically and mentally.
Just sad! Tolerance for personal beliefs runs one way in that TinselTown burgh.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
They don’t keep up, do they? My wife was watching with me up to episode 3. Waited a week for her and then binged the rest. She did the same thing with Better Call Saul and Ozark. I’m behind on British Baking Competition. 😉

Reactions: chatsworth_vol
They don’t keep up, do they? My wife was watching with me up to episode 3. Waited a week for her and then binged the rest. She did the same thing with Better Call Saul and Ozark. I’m behind on British Baking Competition. 😉
I'm about to say the heck with it and binge away. Lol

Reactions: butchna
Patriot Games was about getting him BACK to the CIA. This is an origin story broached by the movie with Chris Pine but much better fleshed out.
Actually prior to patriot games he'd only done contract/temp work for cia. It wasn't until patriot games that he chose to walk away from the naval academy and go cia full time.

Actually prior to patriot games he'd only done contract/temp work for cia. It wasn't until patriot games that he chose to walk away from the naval academy and go cia full time.
His conversations with his wife concerned him going BACK and him sayin no until the attack. The novels lend to the vagueness of the movies. As in Jack Ryan, he had worked on Wall Street prior to working for the CIA and had netted quite the nest egg (unlike the series). He wasn’t a professor at the Naval Academy during the Hunt For Red October...he was an analyst. So Wall Street, CIA analyst, teacher then back to the CIA is the common timeline most used.

Red October is after patriot games. Was printed first, but was timeline after. He was a marine, f.f up his back in a helo crash, did finance with cathys dad's firm, made his fortune and got out and went to teaching. While teaching he did consulting with cia, then joined cia at the request of Greer when he turned to the cia during patriot games.

Red October is after patriot games. Was printed first, but was timeline after. He was a marine, f.f up his back in a helo crash, did finance with cathys dad's firm, made his fortune and got out and went to teaching. While teaching he did consulting with cia, then joined cia at the request of Greer when he turned to the cia during patriot games.
Where is that established? I thought the daughter was older in both the novel and movie and that his wife’s pregnancy was indicated? Also that some characters were referenced from Red October. Been a long time since I’ve read them so maybe I’m relying on the movie too much.

His daughter was 3-4 in PG, about 6-7 in RO. The whole reason he was in England to begin with in RO was he was sent by the CIA to be a liaison officer with British intelligence using the connections he made when he saved the royal family in PG. At the end of PG his wife had Jack jr, can't remember if he was mentioned in RO, but there was very little about his family our back story in RO. PG is set roughly 80-81ish , RO is about 84-86 or so.

His daughter was 3-4 in PG, about 6-7 in RO. The whole reason he was in England to begin with in RO was he was sent by the CIA to be a liaison officer with British intelligence using the connections he made when he saved the royal family in PG. At the end of PG his wife had Jack jr, can't remember if he was mentioned in RO, but there was very little about his family our back story in RO. PG is set roughly 80-81ish , RO is about 84-86 or so.
Is that specified in the books? Because it doesn’t follow that continuity in the movies. The girl is younger in Red October.

Been awhile since I read them. Maybe time to skim over again.

Done. In a way we’re both right. The novels had Patriot Games occurring first and that was reversed in the movie versions.

VN Store

Back