Ja’Wuan James considering 10 mil grievance

If he shows up for summer camp 50 lbs overweight, out of shape, and can't bend enough to get into his stance, is he penalized by the team organization? I have to believe there's a clause requiring him to stay in reasonable shape. In the face of the pandemic and all the restrictions, what's he's supposed to do?

Per his contract, he is suppose to go to the team facility to workout.

If he shows up for summer camp 50 lbs overweight, out of shape, and can't bend enough to get into his stance, is he penalized by the team organization? I have to believe there's a clause requiring him to stay in reasonable shape. In the face of the pandemic and all the restrictions, what's he's supposed to do?
Contract says no coverage of hurt working out away from facility? Contract says don;t show up out of shape and unable to compete?

Union says ignore contract.

Millions on the line.

Adult decision time...

Reactions: basspond and hog88
Work it at the team facility. Which he was doing. Until the union told players not to work out at team facilities.

Reactions: guido4198
Tore his Achilles away from team facilities. The NFL says teams don’t have to pay if they are injured outside of team facilities. Even if they were working out away due to the pandemic.

Source: OT James considering $10M grievance

I mean it’s pretty clear he was in wrong by risking what he did. They have a union and this language was negotiated by the union in last CBA. Sucks but i would be stunned if he didn’t know this could happen.

I have to believe the team facilities are pretty much state-of-the-art. What's he supposed to do..??
He's supposed to use the team facilities...you know...as required in his contract...the contract he signed in order to earn the MILLIONS of dollars the team pays him. Geeeeezzzzz.....how hard is it to simply follow the team's rules..??? FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS..!! I mean, we're not talking about risking a job flipping burgers, which may be his next career btw.

Hmm, work out in a state of the art facility with trainers on staff, food stations and medical personnel (including massage therapists) as per agreement, or work out on my own to “stand up to” the ownership for the benefit of the union which really only seems to care about itself and a select few players, and who had less than a year ago agreed to a CBA where this was a provision.........

I have to believe the team facilities are pretty much state-of-the-art. What's he supposed to do..??
He's supposed to use the team facilities...you know...as required in his contract...the contract he signed in order to earn the MILLIONS of dollars the team pays him. Geeeeezzzzz.....how hard is it to simply follow the team's rules..??? FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS..!! I mean, we're not talking about risking a job flipping burgers, which may be his next career btw.
He may buy a franchise...or several.

He should have underlined and highlighted the applicable sections of his contract and sent it to the players union and told them to pound sand regarding their suggestion to work out off site.

Reactions: Alto1

VN Store

Back