Izod Indy series

On to Brazil. And then to INDY. Can't wait for this year at Indy. Should be even more exciting with a year under their belts with the new car.

@dariofranchitti Maybe the 14 had a broken steering rack that caused him to weave across the whole width of the straight multiple times?

Best street course IRL race I can remember in a long time. Mild blocking by Sato - I can't believe you aren't allowed one move.

Best street course IRL race I can remember in a long time. Mild blocking by Sato - I can't believe you aren't allowed one move.

You are allowed one move.

If the guy behind you moves to the inside, you can move down. What you can't do is move back to the outside if he tries to cross you up. Or move down again, if your initial block didn't completely take away the inside, which is what Sato did on Newgarden.

Either way, he didn't deserve to win the race for that chicken ****, so it worked itself out well enough I supposed.

And Sato was popped for blocking at Barber, so it's not like there isn't some kind of precedent here.

Not sure anyone will care but Kurt Busch tested an Indy car for Andretti at Indianapolis. He said in the future he would like to try and attempt the double.

You are allowed one move.

If the guy behind you moves to the inside, you can move down. What you can't do is move back to the outside if he tries to cross you up. Or move down again, if your initial block didn't completely take away the inside, which is what Sato did on Newgarden.

Either way, he didn't deserve to win the race for that chicken ****, so it worked itself out well enough I supposed.

During the broadcast they made it sound like you could not make a reactionary move - e.g. if guy behind makes a move you cannot THEN make a move. That is different than being allowed one move.

What Sato did was go middle then dive inside when Newgarden tried the inside. It was clearly a defensive reaction move (block) but it was only one move.

In total, he probably violated the rules but it didn't look that horrible to me and compared to other moves you see in other racing it seemed pretty mild.

Not sure anyone will care but Kurt Busch tested an Indy car for Andretti at Indianapolis. He said in the future he would like to try and attempt the double.

I saw the interview wit Kurt concerning this. I took away from the interview that he was planning on doing it next year if the opportunity arose. Not sure if it will but I would love to see someone do it. Hasn't been done in a long time.

During the broadcast they made it sound like you could not make a reactionary move - e.g. if guy behind makes a move you cannot THEN make a move. That is different than being allowed one move.

What Sato did was go middle then dive inside when Newgarden tried the inside. It was clearly a defensive reaction move (block) but it was only one move.

In total, he probably violated the rules but it didn't look that horrible to me and compared to other moves you see in other racing it seemed pretty mild.

When I think blocking I think Schumacher in 2011:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V49elZaFMY[/youtube]

Different series, and different sets of rules.

I still think yesterday's race was fantastic.

VN Store

Back