I've seen enough of Maurer

Some were belly aching that Bailey threw it 5 or so straight times to the check down RB at the end of the game. My take: we actually have a RB that can throw A catchable ball 5 times in a row and every throw is a completion....? Take/Start ASAP...

Some were belly aching that Bailey threw it 5 or so straight times to the check down RB at the end of the game. My take: we actually have a RB that can throw A catchable ball 5 times in a row and every throw is a completion....? Take/Start ASAP...
It wasn't so much checkdown, but the praising for checking down against a prevent defense as if its a clear indicator of his ability....he being deems the savior and if he doesn't produce instantly when it matters he will get torn apart by fan base

It wasn't so much checkdown, but the praising for checking down against a prevent defense as if its a clear indicator of his ability....he being deems the savior and if he doesn't produce instantly when it matters he will get torn apart by fan base
His ability has been clear for awhile. Savior of the program, we’ll see. Better than the others, yes. I’m not one that requires further verification.

His ability has been clear for awhile. Savior of the program, we’ll see. Better than the others, yes. I’m not one that requires further verification.
Its funny because in his 1st series (KY) he was forcing the ball...out of the EZ....now he played a prevent defense and checked down..and threw 2 ints...his fault or not they are on his sheet....i would like to see him get some real snaps with a gameplan....i believe the aggressiveness is being coached out of the QBs. Hence CJP provlem with BM...he is way to aggressive

Do all the qbs we have in the roster suck or are do we have a bad offensive staff that can’t develop or put in systems that allow our qbs to excel? I don’t like freeze but I have no doubt we gave a qb on campus that could thrive under his coaching.

Nick Saban has seen shift from defense to offense in CFB

How Lane Kiffin Helped Nick Saban Embrace Modern Offensive Philosophy

Look at the recent success of new coaches in the NFL that are OFFENSIVE minded coaches, Kliff Kingsburry.... Kyle Shanahan.... Sean McVay. I'm just saying, you can't play this game like the 2000 Ravens anymore
Agree, the rules have changed to favor the offense too much ... you have to play defense, but you have to win with offense.

Reactions: Steve_Smith89
Its funny because in his 1st series (KY) he was forcing the ball...out of the EZ....now he played a prevent defense and checked down..and threw 2 ints...his fault or not they are on his sheet....i would like to see him get some real snaps with a gameplan....i believe the aggressiveness is being coached out of the QBs. Hence CJP provlem with BM...he is way to aggressive
I will say one thing for you and 1vol8. You are consistent. You’ve lashed yourself to the railing of the SS Maurer and are going down with the ship. When the opinion is like 98 to 2, one might consider moving on to a more winnable argument.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I’m sure he will plenty of IT’s. A PI on the 1st and lofting one into the end zone at the end of the game is hardly a clear indicator though....

I will say one thing for you and 1vol8. You are consistent. You’ve lashed yourself to the railing of the SS Maurer and are going down with the ship. When the opinion is like 98 to 2, one might consider moving on to a more winnable argument.
Lol. I haven't lashed to anything. I like Maurer cuz of his mobility....he has skills...HB played well. Do I think he is the mesiah like u do...not sure haven't seen enough just like I haven't seen enough of BM to say...what I have seen of both I like...HB is more composed and doesn't force things...BM needs to let the game come to him...problem is both are looking over thier shoulder for thier replacement after every pass into coverage....I promise you if either had the same backing CJP gives JG you will see 2 different players
...but as for who is better...we won't know that for years

I’m sure he will plenty of IT’s. A PI on the 1st and lofting one into the end zone at the end of the game is hardly a clear indicator though....
Your right....its not. But as much as the PI isn't an indicator neither is checking downs or the ints in the EZ...we have not seen enough to make a call either way

This is 100% on the coaches. So many other programs have a QB ready to play. Tennessee has no development. More sad days on the hill.

Reactions: Vol524
Your right....its not. But as much as the PI isn't an indicator neither is checking downs or the ints in the EZ...we have not seen enough to make a call either way
Cool. I saw enough of Maurer and Pruitt last night. If one or both beats Florida my mind can be changed....

Reactions: whodeycin85
VQ guys went in on Maurer tonight.

Price said the only reason fans like him is because he made one throw to Marquez Callaway in busted coverage and has never done anything since.

I have to say... He played worse tonight than JG has played in a while. Ugly doesn't really begin to describe it.

With that said, it is what it is. Play Bailey because quite frankly he's the only one that hasn't been given a chance to show he's really bad yet.
That has been the case. The lucky busted plays his first quarter vs UGA when they didn't play the pass at all were the worst thing that could happen to him. It creates unrealistic expectations for what he actually is right now. Been saying it since last year.

Reactions: sonofUT62
You play Bailey the rest of the year and hope hes good enough to stay two more years. He looks like he can step up into a pocket which is more than the other three can do. Every game he has played in that hes thrown has been in two minute situations or down in the game. We need to be able to see him manage the whole offense in a game. Not playing against a prevent defense or practicing his handoffs.

Reactions: lifeVol and 99Vol
We’ve seen QBs kill worms in similar situations...and recently. These check downs turned into first downs. Didn’t garner PRAISE, but considering the alternative?

Pruitt was not lying. JG really is all we have.
Why is that? After we played UGA his freshman year, I had UGA fans saying he's going to be your QB. Now he sucks. There is no development from this staff. None.

Pruitt was not lying. JG really is all we have.
Coaches ran same game plan with all 3 qbs. Maurer is a scrambler, zone read guy. We didn't do that at all with Maurer. We used him as a pocket passed and hand off to the tb. Then same for bailey. They had 2 weeks. Could they not have prepared 12 to 15 plays that would utilize what each qb could do? Instead they just had 1 game plan. Well it got us 13 points. We ran South Pittsburg's game plan. Hand off every play and pass 8 times a game.

VN Store

Back