It's official Kara Lawson hired

Twinsbornoncampus

Well, obviously I care since I posted it. Use your brain, if you have one. I asked because when Holly was HC and an assistant spot was open, some fans suggested Kara. But then several fans said Kara said she had no interest in coaching. So I’m wondering if Kara had a change of heart or if those fans were lying.
Are you a ”Karen” too? It is obvious she wanted it or she would not have taken it scholar. He said she said more like high school than real life.

conredge

You nailed it. When CPF interviewed her the only coaching experience she actually had was some 3 on 3 tournament, this was even before she took the Celtics job. There's no way he could have given her the job over CKH, Wes Moore, or even Tina Langley. She'll do fine at Duke but I think CKH will do a great job with our ladies also
Yep you don't want to repeat what that numb skull did a few years ago when he hired that grad assistant. She only won 8 National Championship. Haven't recovered since.

Terrells Bay88

With Duke coaches taking pay cuts, and possibly no football or basketball games, anyone want to venture a guess as to how much Duke is paying Lawson?
Dook was paying McCallie 1.3 Million and I don't believe Lawson is going to make that much for her 1st contract UNC is paying Banghart around 750K and I guess Lawson will be paid in 800-900K range.

Terrells Bay88

That would be a hell of a lot of money for someone with no coaching experience.
I was wrong about Banghart's salary. It's 650K for the 1st season and it will gradually increase to a maximum of 730K by the 5th season.

NC State's Wes Moore got a contract extension in 2019 and he makes 750K per season. I haven't found any information on Notre Dame's new head coach Niele Ivey's salary.

djtee

Two Duke WBB commits in the 2021 recruiting class have announced their decommitment following the coaching change —Marisa Davis, 6-1 W, AZ Compass Prep (Chandler, AZ) —Lauren Walker, 6-2 W, Marietta HS (GA

Note: the two players are not big time players or ranked in the top 100

LadyVols_WBK

I was wrong about Banghart's salary. It's 650K for the 1st season and it will gradually increase to a maximum of 730K by the 5th season.

NC State's Wes Moore got a contract extension in 2019 and he makes 750K per season. I haven't found any information on Notre Dame's new head coach Niele Ivey's salary.
so wait coaches get 200k extra if they make it to a NCCA Final???

BUBear

Football On The Brazos
Two Duke WBB commits in the 2021 recruiting class have announced their decommitment following the coaching change —Marisa Davis, 6-1 W, AZ Compass Prep (Chandler, AZ) —Lauren Walker, 6-2 W, Marietta HS (GA

Did they decommit or were their offers yanked?

Duke: new HC Kara Lawson has been yanking scholarship offers left & right [including kids schedule to enroll this Summer]. Two of the impacted players are Aussie [and Members of their National Team program]. Needless to say Duke won't be welcomed back in Oz anytime soon.

Aussie Official in charge of the program getting Aussie players into USA college programs [Samantha Tomlinson] was circumspect but the impact is certain. https://twitter.com/AusEliteGirlsBa

Cochrane: one of the impacted players was Oregon Transfer [rising sophomore] Lucy Cochrane. She is 6'6, highly skilled, needs to bulk up, decently athletic [very athletic for her size], and a solid player. She simply wasn't going to get minutes behind Sedona Prince. Definitely worth a look.

Last edited:

lfvol

I suspect Duke fans would be pleased that she is making tough calls to not fill up her roster with meh talent. It’s the right thing for everyone.

VN Store

Sponsors