It's Official. AP #1 this week

Wtf. We’re number 1. Dude just be happy.

54321---Doesn't mean squat until March. I want the be #1 when it matters. When Tennessee loses; and they will, somebody else will be 1. I look at the big picture. Tennessee was up 30 on arkie; lost focus and won by 19. Tennessee should have lost to bama. Stuff like that worries me. I get the # 1 Euphoria, but I'm also realistic.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
54321---Doesn't mean squat until March. I want the be #1 when it matters. When Tennessee loses; and they will, somebody else will be 1. I look at the big picture. Tennessee was up 30 on arkie; lost focus and won by 19. Tennessee should have lost to bama. Stuff like that worries me. I get the # 1 Euphoria, but I'm also realistic.

I bet you’re super fun at parties. Lighten up Francis.

Look, pal—you’re talking to me all wrong, okay? I’ve NEVER seen you in the basketball forum and your post history suggests that you didn’t jump onto the bandwagon until recently. I don’t think you know who you’re talking to so I’m going to let it slide this time, but just this once. How about I fill you in on a few things real quick...

First, you need to realize how much this team has overcome to get to this point. When Barnes took over he was our 4th coach in 5 years and 2 of the 3 coaches before him received show cause penalties from the NCAA. The program was a complete train wreck. This is what makes it so rewarding for fans like myself and all of the other regulars who watched us get blasted every game just 2-3 years ago. So don’t come around here with this BS on the first day of our number 1 ranking, Chief. My team is #1... am I not allowed to be happy about it? Serious question, guy.

Next, today’s number 1 ranking is our first in over 10 years and just the 2nd in school history. So, based upon your logic the entire history of the program has been a failure since we’ve never been “number 1 when it matters” as you put it. How very negative of you. Perhaps they should get rid of the program altogether, right bud?

Additionally, only 1 team can win the national title each year. Tennessee basketball has been around for a long time and this season might our best chance to win one yet. So get out of here with your “when Tennessee loses; and they will” garbage. We’ve been number 1 for about 8 hours now and you’re already counting on us to lose. You should be disgusted with yourself, I know I am.

Your pessimistic behavior is a very clear sign of weakness. Based on the rankings, our basketball team has accomplished more than any other team in the country. Despite your apparent lack of enthusiasm for the Vols, they’re doing their part on the floor yet here you are spreading this negativity and not doing your part as a fan. Sad.

We’re ranked number 1 in January and you still can’t even be happy. Here’s an idea: maybe you should stop wasting your time following the Vols and start spending that time on something that actually makes you happy. You’re obviously not happy right now even though we’re the best team in the country, which is concerning because it literally can’t get any better than this in mid January.

And lastly, do me a favor and show some respect next time you make a post in this forum. You can’t just show up whenever the team is good and act like you own the place.

I think I’ve made myself clear. Hopefully this L will teach you a lesson.

When you're #1, recruits notice

JohnWardForever should change his username. I don’t think the Ward family would appreciate this negativity.

I believe KevinO’NeillForever and JabariMcGheeForever are both still available if he’d prefer something similar.

That's not being realistic, it's being a Debbie Downer.
Every team in college basketball has room to improve at this point. Our back loaded schedule actually means our guys 'have to' improve in order to get a 1 or 2 seed in March. Save your whining and back stabbing for later on if belly aching because we weren't good enough warrants it. But even then you'd still be a Debbie.

I agree with your points in the second third and fifth sentences we better be ready for Vandy i recall we were number 1 last time we played them and look what happened but they not nothing when you think about bama and gators and dont even get me started on kentucky that will be a really hard 1 to win even at home much less in rupp with this look at me attitude team has started to show just hope it dont carry over to tournament time when the loyolas mtsus umbcs and so on and so forth come at you as a TEAM with a capital T or actually a a capital T a capital E a capital A and a capital M which obviously its importance is emphasized since its in all caps while tEaMs which play like ME first only have the capital M and the capital E as part of the word tEaM and it makes it clear that the team is divided since you have the 2 capitalized members who think they are more important than the 2 lower case members and dont even get me started on these premadonna punctuation nazis around here that go on and on about comma this period that semi-colon the other thing they dont realize how many characters that adds to a paragraph and with data throttling and such imposed by stupid internet providers its always best to keep characters to a minimum plus its more efficient when reading out loud since you dont have to pause between stupid punctuation marks and can finish reading quicker
All the last time with Vandy stuff. 2 different scenarios. We just went through the most publicized week in Tennessee history. #1 vs #2. We literally poured every ounce in that matchup with Memphis. Secondly Vanderbilt had an incredible at home player Shan Foster as a senior. He was remarkable 3 point shooter at home. As it was he made us pay. There is no one on Vnaderbilts roster now that can do that or heck even do something similar to what Petty did to us Saturday. This isnt the game id worry about dropping. After west Virginia things will start ratcheting up though.

JohnWardForever should change his username. I don’t think the Ward family would appreciate this negativity.

I believe KevinO’NeillForever and JabariMcGheeForever are both still available if he’d prefer something similar.
Johnwardforever should change his username to....wait for it.... Indianapolis vol is my daddy.... bc he just got owned 😂

Did I hear them right on this UNC broadcast? Asked of Jay Bilas: “Tennessee is #1 but who do you really think is the best team?” His answer was Michigan St

Reactions: Jabruzar
Congrats to Coach Barnes and the team! It’s a great accomplishment! Now get back to work

SHOULDA....COULDA....WOULDA....

Duke DID lose to Syracuse last week. Michigan DID lose to Wisconsin last week. Kansas DID lose to West Virginia last week. How about you go lecture to them?

Did I hear them right on this UNC broadcast? Asked of Jay Bilas: “Tennessee is #1 but who do you really think is the best team?” His answer was Michigan St

I hope we face Michigan State in the Elite 8. This time we get the W.

Reactions: Vols All Day

It never fails that people use the “realistic” argument when they find the negative in the absolute positive.

That is just disrespectful. Mich St. lost to Louisville and Kansas (in regulation). They also beat Fl by 4.

Reactions: volinvegas

VN Store

Back