It's happening [Dark Mode]

How’d you do that?
Changed chrome to dark mode

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

Paste that in the address bar then change from default to enabled. It changes all websites to dark mode though. Hopefully we'll get a real stand-alone "dark mode" feature for VolNation.

Thread is stickied.

So I've been working on this for a while, messing around with shades of dark and such. It's not quite finished yet. I'm still not happy with some parts of it and I haven't changed over all of the buttons yet (I planned to work on that some this morning but woke up to an HVAC issue that's taken up my day, but that's another story). That said, with the Dark Mode uniforms, I pretty much had to go ahead and release it in it's current state.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread either here or on the help forum so you guys can provide feedback and/or suggestions. There are some things besides the buttons that might still be broken. You can post screenshots of those things in this thread to bring them to my attention. Your assistance is appreciated.

As always, you can change the forum skin in the bottom left of the forum. Click the link that says VolNation 2018 and then select Dark Mode 21.

Here's a direct link to turn it on.

Dark Theme 21

Go Vols!

No problem with Penn State white uniforms just like I don't have a problem with our white uniforms......PSU official colors....Blue and White....UT official colors...orange and white...since 1891

funny you mentioned Oklahoma…….I don’t think black is part of their “official” color scheme……..at some point you’ll simply be…..just wrong.

C3D8581E-11EE-48B2-9915-717BAB13ADA4.jpeg

Also if you didn’t actually “read” my posts……black has been a part of Tennessee’s uniform since the 1800’s. Even in the 30’s Tennessee was wearing black jerseys.

In the 60’s Tennessee put black numbers on the helmet……then later put a black cross in with the T. Throughout the years Tennessee has had black on their jerseys mostly with outlines.

anyway…..I got off the subject……”official” color……..black is not “official” to Oklahoma…..probably part of their past…..part of their history…..which should make it just fine……however not according to you.

Last edited:
I like em.

Personally like the white helmets too. Would get a little too much of an OK ST vibe with black helmets on black unis.

Just another observation: People are talking about black being an official or unofficial color even though it's not a color.

Reactions: kcvols1
Mark Packer who I think is one of the best CFB talk radio/tv hosts is not a fan of the new uniforms. Today on his radio show he said they were awful but fans and the players will probably love them. Said we have one of the greatest uniforms in college football already.

Like digital camo with orange white and grey man that would be awesome

The problem is camo blends in so well……the QB might not be able to find open receivers.

636F2DD8-37B8-4288-9374-E11B24FEA4AB.jpeg

If you look close enough……..there’s actually a guy there in the woods holding a gun.

Reactions: bigdaddy
Decision making and egos ruined our program and attributing it to things like uniforms and breaking tradition is the height of stupidity.

You know why Alabama operates opposite from us? It is because that entire state is on board. When players are caught with guns, drugs, legal problems…you don’t hear much from the local press. Boosters and money men are all on the same page. The network of insiders is set. And although others disagree, I absolutely think it helps that the SEC is in Birmingham, near the heart of all things Bama, politics, and money.

The freaking uniforms they wear is nothing. Bama could trot out in Pink and have the same results.

If throwing on a black uniform once a year gets us closer to where we need to be, then so be it. It is the 21st century. We have social media, recruiting services, and transfer portals. Until we all get on the same page with all the peripheral resources Bama enjoys, this is what we have to do. And bedsides, traditions have to start somewhere, what in the heck is wrong with a black mode games once a year?
I never said there was anything wrong with it I just said it will have nothing to do with winning. As for the black maybe we should change our school colors to orange and black if people like this more than orange and white. I also have nothing against getting away from the traditional uniforms I would just prefer we use our school colors. I dont like impersonating OK St or OR St. Do like Oregon change up the uniforms yet keep the school colors. I find it unbelievable that some think this gimmick will help recruiting. I know one thing that will. Beat Bama or GA. That will help!

I never said there was anything wrong with it I just said it will have nothing to do with winning. As for the black maybe we should change our school colors to orange and black if people like this more than orange and white. I also have nothing against getting away from the traditional uniforms I would just prefer we use our school colors. I dont like impersonating OK St or OR St. Do like Oregon change up the uniforms yet keep the school colors. I find it unbelievable that some think this gimmick will help recruiting. I know one thing that will. Beat Bama or GA. That will help!

When you give kids (ie prior recruits) “things” they want………how could it not help in recruiting?

It was stated the “kids” had been asking for this to happen.

I’m old school…..I love the normal traditional stuff…….but this kind of thing isn’t for or because of me or you…….it’s for and because of those players.

When you give kids (ie prior recruits) “things” they want………how could it not help in recruiting?

It was stated the “kids” had been asking for this to happen.

I’m old school…..I love the normal traditional stuff…….but this kind of thing isn’t for or because of me or you…….it’s for and because of those players.
There is that side. There is also another side. I personally don't know of one UT player that said they signed because they would be able to wear a black jersey. Maybe that has changed. If wearing a black jersey will get Arch Manning signed then lets wear them every game lol. You may be right though I will always believe the color of a jersey has little impact on signing the best players. Saban has proved that.

There is that side. There is also another side. I personally don't know of one UT player that said they signed because they would be able to wear a black jersey. Maybe that has changed. If wearing a black jersey will get Arch Manning signed then lets wear them every game lol. You may be right though I will always believe the color of a jersey has little impact on signing the best players. Saban has proved that.

ummm……when did I say anything…….anything at all about the color of a jersey and recruiting?

I didn’t.

I said, the players asked.
The players got.

Players getting things they want “could” certainly help in recruiting.

Building excitement “could” help in recruiting.

Not doing it……..certainly “might” not hurt anything…….but it also certainly couldn’t help.

Also bringing a fallacy to an argument……really isn’t defending “your” argument……how many UT players have told you they did or did not sign because they would or would not be able to wear a black jersey? Fallacy!

Again this isn’t for or about you……it’s for and about the players. They asked, the got, they will be wearing them and doing the work on the field.

Reactions: butchna
ummm……when did I say anything…….anything at all about the color of a jersey and recruiting?

I didn’t.

I said, the players asked.
The players got.

Players getting things they want “could” certainly help in recruiting.

Building excitement “could” help in recruiting.

Not doing it……..certainly “might” not hurt anything…….but it also certainly couldn’t help.

Again this isn’t for or about you……it’s for and about the players. They asked, the got, they will be wearing them and doing the work on the field.
I "could" win the lottery tomorrow night "could" I not? If the players want it then I understand that. I guess it "could" help us recruit better than Saban. I just don't believe it will. I along with two siblings graduated from UT. I will always think of UT as orange and white. I have little doubt that if we let the players pick our colors it may change to black and orange. Like you say it is their decision. They also asked for Mickey D bags full of cash. And they got that also lol.

VN Store

Back