Its gonna take an act of God to beat the Green Bay Packers in 2018

If the packers don't fire MM after this year, they will suck the rest of the time #12 is there.... The game has passed MM by and his team knows it....

Well this is the first time I've seen the Packers loaded with this level of talent. I knew McCarthy wasn't a great coach since they've underachieved with Aaron Rodgers. I just never thought he could be this bad until this season.

Then how come this isn't McCarthy's best team? Why is it his worst team?

Then how come this isn't McCarthy's best team? Why is it his worst team?
While D4H couldn't be more wrong about the talent level, and it shows especially on defense(it's young talent) it's not McCarthy's best team because he's like a dog chasing cars. He gets talent and don't know how to use it. So much of AR's prime has been wasted. Now granted he has not been great this season ane he needs to shoulder some of the blame but some of the stuff McCarthy calls absolutely baffles me.

While D4H couldn't be more wrong about the talent level, and it shows especially on defense(it's young talent) it's not McCarthy's best team because he's like a dog chasing cars. He gets talent and don't know how to use it. So much of AR's prime has been wasted. Now granted he has not been great this season ane he needs to shoulder some of the blame but some of the stuff McCarthy calls absolutely baffles me.

McCarthy's time should be over, but he's become a bit of a scapegoat. Rodgers ain't what he used to be. I saw him miss open throws yesterday and he's not quite the run threat he used to be. He's not even hitting 62% of his throws this year, which puts him among the worst in the league (28th). He's only thrown 1 pick all year, which is crazy, but maybe he needs to take a few more risks because his TD% is low (lowest of his career), too.

Green Bay is 8th in yards per play and 16th in points. Is that on the coach or the QB? Noteworthy: GB is 4th in yards per carry.

McCarthy's time should be over, but he's become a bit of a scapegoat. Rodgers ain't what he used to be. I saw him miss open throws yesterday and he's not quite the run threat he used to be. He's not even hitting 62% of his throws this year, which puts him among the worst in the league (28th). He's only thrown 1 pick all year, which is crazy, but maybe he needs to take a few more risks because his TD% is low (lowest of his career), too.

Green Bay is 8th in yards per play and 16th in points. Is that on the coach or the QB? Noteworthy: GB is 4th in yards per carry.
Jones coming in has been a good spot and they talked about Rodgers completion percentage and I think it did have something to do with the knee but no the on field stuff has been on Rodgers. I've not been big on McCarthy for a couple years. Last year he got a pass cuz Rodgers got hurt but he has just made some bad calls. Like we always talk about in the Vols forum, it always has to fall somewhere though and Rodgers ain't going anywhere.

I overlooked the importance of coaching once again. My God is Mike McCarthy awful. The Butch Jones of the NFL. This team has too much talent to be losing like this.

If they get a decent coach next year they will have a huge turnaround. The talent is there. All they lack if competent coaching.

You'd think someone who is so smart and good at this football thing wouldn't keep making the same mistake over and over. Almost makes me think said person is wrong about how smart they are.

For the record, I have not predicted them to win the Super Bowl. I've only said they will be the best team in the NFL during the regular season.

Playoffs are one-game elimination in the NFL. The best team does not always win. However, over a 16 game regular season, the best team typically will prove they are the best by having the best record.

I got the Packers dominating the regular season this year.

For the record....even after you qualifying it, you're still wrong.

I overlooked the importance of coaching once again. My God is Mike McCarthy awful. The Butch Jones of the NFL. This team has too much talent to be losing like this.

If they get a decent coach next year they will have a huge turnaround. The talent is there. All they lack if competent coaching.
This team is not that talented. The OL is average. DL is average. Their best CB is a rookie. They traded away their best safety. Aside from D. Adams, the WRs are unproven rookies. The linebackers....do they even have linebackers? They're trash.

This team is not that talented. The OL is average. DL is average. Their best CB is a rookie. They traded away their best safety. Aside from D. Adams, the WRs are unproven rookies. The linebackers....do they even have linebackers? They're trash.
Green Bay is 12th in total defense, tied for 3rd in sacks. Their problem on D is they stink on 3rd downs and they don't create turnovers. They are 10th in total offense, but 24th in 3rd down percentage. There is the whole team in a nutshell. They stink at 3rd down which is a very overlooked stat.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back