@Wofford
Tarleton State

Reactions: VolnJC
Here's the games that Kennesaw State will be playing that are known as of now

Shorter
@Georgia Tech
@Wofford
Tarleton State

I was very confused for a moment due to Georgia Tech being on there, but this is their Fall 2021 schedule. Kennessaw's Spring 2021 schedule can be found here.

I'm very much looking forward to this season, albeit rather bummed that Montana and Montana State won't be partaking in Spring 2021 Big Sky competition.

I was very confused for a moment due to Georgia Tech being on there, but this is their Fall 2021 schedule. Kennessaw's Spring 2021 schedule can be found here.

I'm very much looking forward to this season, albeit rather bummed that Montana and Montana State won't be partaking in Spring 2021 Big Sky competition.
I think KSU goes 9-1 with the combined schedule

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I really wish more of these games were gonna be on TV.

Agreed; I get that there's overlap with college basketball, and I have no qualms with watching via ESPN+ (where most games seem destined to end up), but it'd be nice to at least have the option of watching a game or two at a bar before the playoffs begin on April 24th (which, unlike previous seasons, I'd imagine will be readily available on ESPN channels prior to the semifinals).

It would make sense to me for the FCS to move their season permanently..could bring some tv revenue and exposure for the athletes

To me, their best move would be to run their season from early-June to early-September. You'd be competing against the NCAA baseball tournament early on, sure, but I would assume that you could get a lot more coverage of your games on both the ESPN pure-networks and maybe a negotiated conference network deal (i.e. MVFC on Big Ten Network, Big Sky on the Pac-12 Network, Big South) than you do running up against FBS football in the fall. I get that the playoffs would conflict with the FBS season, but if you structured it well enough you'd still be competing largely against the September non-conference slate. Plus, since nothing matters anyway, rules could be tweaked to allow your FCS school to play in October and November buy games against P5 opponents.

It's a pipe dream, but I'd love to be able to watch some quality FCS matchups in July without having any other major college sports to lure my viewership.

It would make sense to me for the FCS to move their season permanently..could bring some tv revenue and exposure for the athletes

They'd run into the same problem they have now, competing with college basketball. And actually probably a little worse since there are more college basketball progams, and March Madness would definitely overshadow their playoffs and national championship. Their current time obviously isn't ideal since FBS overshadows them, but I think for them at the least their playoffs and NC game happens during bowl season so they probably actually get a bump from that since many casual fans may think it's another bowl game and tune in. Right now almost all the FBS playoffs are televised on ESPN networks and usually the semi-finals on of DII and DIII are too.

Basically I think if they went to the spring model they'd have the exact same option for viewing, streaming on ESPN3/ESPN+ and probably a smaller viewership for their championships.

Also for a much smaller reason but I'm guessing there are some FCS and lower football players who also play another spring sport and moving to spring would force them to have to choose one.

Reactions: VolnJC
To me, their best move would be to run their season from early-June to early-September. You'd be competing against the NCAA baseball tournament early on, sure, but I would assume that you could get a lot more coverage of your games on both the ESPN pure-networks and maybe a negotiated conference network deal (i.e. MVFC on Big Ten Network, Big Sky on the Pac-12 Network, Big South) than you do running up against FBS football in the fall. I get that the playoffs would conflict with the FBS season, but if you structured it well enough you'd still be competing largely against the September non-conference slate. Plus, since nothing matters anyway, rules could be tweaked to allow your FCS school to play in October and November buy games against P5 opponents.

It's a pipe dream, but I'd love to be able to watch some quality FCS matchups in July without having any other major college sports to lure my viewership.

This would be a better option than moving to Feb-April. The only issues I see would be playing duirng the hottest part of the year, and for these smaller school where students make up probably a good chunk of the already small attendance since it's something to do the students wouldn't be on campus yet. But TV wise it would be the best time to put on since you're only really competing with MLB.

I think the OVC schedule begins this month. My alma mater Tennessee Tech plays Austin Peay February 21. It's a happening, fans.:cool:
Let's Go Peay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Not sure if anyone else watched last nights game but wow.
It had everything.
The head coach for Mcneese is a former Vols assistant.
Mcneese State was down 14 with a few minutes left.
They recovered an onside kick, then scored again.
Went into double overtime.
Ed Orgeron’s son was the QB and ran it in for the win.

Former Vols’ assistant Frank Wilson wins first game at McNeese State

VN Store

Back