It's been a slow week with no mid-week Soccer or Volleyball matches...

Volleyball resumes this afternoon against host #5 Baylor @ 2:00 p.m.. Video via ESPN+ which is like watchespn.

I hear there is yet another football game today. I think I might watch the first half then switch to Volleyball. That sounds right. ;)

I'm watching the LV's vs Baylor game on espn+. Baylor is ranked #5 and thry're playing at home.
First game was mildly competitive. Baylor winning 25-18.
They have more effective options at the net than we do. This is not going to be easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangeVol
Well, that's that. We got Swept and although I'd like to say it was close...but it wasn't at any point. I'm not sure we ever led at any point in any set. Got our butts kicked by a very good Baylor squad. :(

Reactions: sccshortstop
Against Baylor, our offense started and stopped with Grubbs.
If she didn't get the set, our hitting percentage went way down. We returned serve reasonably well but really lacked that second go to player, when Grubbs was in the backcourt. Baylor's play at the net shut everyone else down. A good measuring guide to see what we need to make the next step.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Thanks for the observations...the box score only tells you so much. I think the girls are still looking for the rhythm they had last year and have only found it in spurts this season. I hope we can get Tessa some help with the scoring as the other teams are trying their best to shut her down.

Thanks for the observations...the box score only tells you so much. I think the girls are still looking for the rhythm they had last year and have only found it in spurts this season. I hope we can get Tessa some help with the scoring as the other teams are trying their best to shut her down.
I think that we may not be as good as I had hoped this year. Several areas of weakness needs improved like our serving and unforced errors by most every player. A little disappointed in Rowe and how she has seemed to have regressed somewhat. Lily has looked very average to this point I think as well. We would all be singing a different tune had we pulled those two sets from Illinois which was more than possible but a crazy unmotivated loss to Cincinatti hurt. Middle of the pack in SEC play I suspect. Still would like to have one more 6 foot plus lady to help Tessa. Everyone needs to pick it up a notch from coaches to ball girls! JMHO as always! SS

I got ESPN+ just for days like this and first half has been not the best product we could put on the field. We've dominated play but due to UMass knowing they can't match up with us technically, they are being very aggressive in their play. Several times MA has tried to break off a run and she's trying to run with somebody having a handful of her jersey. Once we finally got a call for a free kick about 20-25 yards out, Sonia Ouchene sent a beautiful kick right past the UMass keeper to give us the breakthrough.

Reactions: RollerVol
Some bad defensive breakdowns as UMass ties it at 2. Also thought there was a foul on Umass as their forward threw her arm out but refs are letting them play.

GOAL MA VIGNOLA!!!! Maya plays a great ball from her center back position and MA beats both defenders to tap it past the keeper! 3-2 LADY VOLS!!

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back