It just hit me: Butch Jones will likely have a NC ring in a couple months

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Just heard Hyams talking about it.

Can’t wait for Butch to post his social media picture with it on! 😬

They will lose. Butch Jones doesn't deserve one.

Yeah, I guess that Alabama can hand out their rings to anyone they want to employed by the University, although it seems kind of silly to give one to an intern whose duties most likely include detailing Saban's car and keeping the Gatorade buckets full during practice.

Reactions: Volatility
Yeah, I guess that Alabama can hand out their rings to anyone they want to employed by the University, although it seems kind of silly to give one to an intern whose duties most likely include detailing Saban's car and keeping the Gatorade buckets full during practice.
Haters gonna hate. Butch is still there, chump.

Grow the **** up.

Reactions: TNfan#2
Ya'll are so butthurt over Butch. For goodness sake, let it go.
What makes anyone butthurt to accurately point out that Butch Jones hasn't been trusted with much responsibility in Alabama? Even Saban referred to him as "an intern". If you didn't want to read such honest assessments, you didn't have to click on the damn thread.

What makes anyone butthurt to accurately point out that Butch Jones hasn't been trusted with much responsibility in Alabama? Even Saban referred to him as "an intern". If you didn't want to read such honest assessments, you didn't have to click on the damn thread.
So what? If you can't see the butthurt, then you are as blind to this as you are to political things. I have said from eht beginning that Butch was hired at Bama for one game. UT. You people say that he doesn't do anything, and that simply isn't true. Saban is no idiot, and he hedges his bets in any way possible. That's why he wins. Of course UT had virtually no chance against him this year, but there is always that little chance. (Did you buy a lottery ticket?) So Butch's role from here on oput is getting Nick's coffee. BFD. There are relief pitchers that never play in any important games either.

I click on the thread because it is amusing to see the meltdown over this subject. And Butch still laughs to both the bank and the NC game.

So what? If you can't see the butthurt, then you are as blind to this as you are to political things. I have said from eht beginning that Butch was hired at Bama for one game. UT. You people say that he doesn't do anything, and that simply isn't true. Saban is no idiot, and he hedges his bets in any way possible. That's why he wins. Of course UT had virtually no chance against him this year, but there is always that little chance. (Did you buy a lottery ticket?) So Butch's role from here on oput is getting Nick's coffee. BFD. There are relief pitchers that never play in any important games either.

I click on the thread because it is amusing to see the meltdown over this subject. And Butch still laughs to both the bank and the NC game.
Oh, really? Enlighten us then... what do his duties include? You are right that Saban is not an idiot. Hence, the reason Butch Jones is not an actual member of the Alabama coaching staff and has not been trusted with any tangible responsibility.

Ya'll are so butthurt over Butch. For goodness sake, let it go.

You sound pretty butthurt yourself; you seem to get so upset when people start talking crap about Butchy that you feel the need to defend his honor. This is about the 5th time I’ve seen you do this and my bet is the actual number is much higher.

Oh, really? Enlighten us then... what do his duties include? You are right that Saban is not an idiot. Hence, the reason Butch Jones is not an actual member of the Alabama coaching staff and has not been trusted with any tangible responsibility.
He knows the players at UT that he recruited. That's it. It's was cheap intel for Saban. Not to mention the psychological component. You are proof of the latter part.

Reactions: LocoVol
You sound pretty butthurt yourself; you seem to get so upset when people start talking crap about Butchy that you feel the need to defend his honor. This is about the 5th time I’ve seen you do this and my bet is the actual number is much higher.
LOL.. Well OK then. I couldn't care less about Butch.

The only thing I am 'upset' about is that our fan base are such snowflakes that they cannot see a business decision for what it is. It is pretty sad really.

LOL.. Well OK then. I couldn't care less about Butch.

The only thing I am 'upset' about is that our fan base are such snowflakes that they cannot see a business decision for what it is. It is pretty sad really.

Sure you can’t

...and when has Saban needed inside info to beat the hell out of Tennessee?
And yet again, you completely miss the point.

But I'll give you that he didn't need Butch's input.. It is one more way that he gets in UT's head.

VN Store

Back