It all comes down to whether or not we can finally beat Vandy.

How did it ever get this bad?

I think you know the answer to that.

Hats off to Vandy, give respect where it’s due. Mason is not a good coach, but he’s brought enough stability to that program that they can take full advantage of unstable programs like us and Arkansas. This is why I say win or lose, Pruitt gets 5 years. Musical coaches = losses to Vandy.

Also I think people understate the damage Butch did to this program.

No other goals can be met or exceeded until we beat the nerds from Nashville. Tell me I’m wrong.

First things first: Win the favored games: Georgia Southern, Chattanooga and UAB.

Win the earlier toss-up/closely matched games: BYU, MissSt, SCAR, and KY.

Steal a game from the highly favored teams: Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mizzou (most likely).

Then and only then, beat the crap out of Vandy as it is the last game of the season.

Finally, destroy a team in a bowl, preferably someone who has embarrassed us recently.

No other goals can be met or exceeded until we beat the nerds from Nashville. Tell me I’m wrong.

AHHH, Pancho! hahahahahahahahaha
AHHH, Cisco! hahahahahahahahahaha

You're wrong. Vandy has enjoyed the rare privilege of beating a self-inflicted wound of the Vols football program and its teams lately. But it isn't anything more than great luck at a bad time for us on their part. It ends most likely this year but certainly next year. However, if you believe what you posted, well...You know there might, there just might be a market for bottled Salty Dog.

Last edited:
How did it ever get this bad?

1118275.jpg
derek-dooley-head-coach-of-the-tennessee-volunteers-in-a-wheelchair-picture-id154224487

I think you know the answer to that.

Hats off to Vandy, give respect where it’s due. Mason is not a good coach, but he’s brought enough stability to that program that they can take full advantage of unstable programs like us and Arkansas. This is why I say win or lose, Pruitt gets 5 years. Musical coaches = losses to Vandy.

Also I think people understate the damage Butch did to this program.
TN should beat Vandy but I agree with your overall point. People say their name like they are the 2 win team from 2000 to 2010. Disgusts me but they are more stable and use that to do what you said.
20190618_061609.jpg

Wts, even with them being improved, when TN is playing like TN again, they shouldn't even be a discussion.

Reactions: RollerVol
Season depends on beating Vandy (how sad is that), 8-9 wins, awesome recruiting classes, QB is going to be the best percentage completer guy in the nation, 1000 yard rushers.

All after 2 seasons with 9 total wins. Off season is more full of wonder and awe than the actual season..

That game is in November. Although I don't totally disagree with you, there's A LOT of football to be played before we play them. I refuse to think about Vanderbilt in july, august, September or October...sorry

I don't remember anyone here defending Butch or Dooley to the end. Some fans believed they should be fired sooner and some fans were willing to be more patient. But in the case of both coaches, it was pretty much unanimous by the time they were actually shown the door.

It is still funny to me that the very ones so quick to post how Butch and Dooley killed our program were the same ones defending Butch and Dooley to the death until the day they were fired.

This is true.

I think it's funny how people still bring that pettiness up.

And are you sure it's the very same ones? Either of you got names or any proof?

I think it's funny how people still bring that pettiness up.

And are you sure it's the very same ones? Either of you got names or any proof?
I would post the proof but it is considered "calling someone out specifically" and is not allowed on this forum. I have had these posts removed before with that explanation from the Mods. So you will have to take my word for it...or not

First things first: Win the favored games: Georgia Southern, Chattanooga and UAB.

Win the earlier toss-up/closely matched games: BYU, MissSt, SCAR, and KY.

Steal a game from the highly favored teams: Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mizzou (most likely).

Then and only then, beat the crap out of Vandy as it is the last game of the season.

Finally, destroy a team in a bowl, preferably someone who has embarrassed us recently.
I hope this is not the "pipe dream" it resembles. :rolleyes:

Well I guess we as a fan base still don't understand the landscape of college sports these days...they do not resemble the same landscape of 30 years ago. Because of all kinds of advantages high schoolers now have(surely I don't need to post them all here) for athletic advancement and earlier physical development the days of "dog teams" is simply gone. Any team on any given Saturday can defeat its opponent because of the level of athlete now available to all those former "dog" schools. There are literally hundreds of available athletes with minimal differences in their skill levels available and the Vandys, Memphis', Kentucky's, UAB's, etc etc etc are the ones who benefit from it. So to avoid a childish breakdown when your team loses to one of these types PLEASE understand there are no "dogs" around anymore. To not understand this issue is simply naïve at best but maybe more uninformed. Of course there are still ready made high schoolers who are collegiate level athletes that will step in, excel immediately, and move on to the next level but by far and large the really good athletes are EVERYWHERE these days. Not just my opinion but its a simple fact.

Reactions: Hacksaw

VN Store

Back