It’s the off season so let’s pass the time...tell your most prized UT possession.

My grandfather traveled around to craft shows as a retired hustle. He made all kinds of stuff. I traveled with him one summer and he gave me a wooden cut out of a helmet painted up like a TN helmet. I grew up next to Matt Hullander of Hullco fame and he had a TN BBQ every year. I took the helmet there one year an got it signed by some players and some future players. Peyton Manning ( Summer before his freshman season if i recall correctly ) , Scott Galyon and some others. Think Becksvoort was on it. The others I can not remember. I have had it packed up for years. It is packed up right now but fixing to move again and when I do going to buy a house with a man cave and make a UT Room. Will post pic of it when I unpack it.

I have Carl Pickens locked up in my basement. I'd probably grab him and save him.

On the real, ive got a small little trophy that commemorates the 1939 unscored on team that belonged to my grandfather. If I can find it, ill post a picture. Its O L D.

'91 team signed football, only Andy Kelley, Heath Shuler, & Dale Carter are recognizable. Wish id taken better care. For this reason i despise signed footballs...segue...

Peyton signed #16 football. Keep saying im going to buy protective plastic cases.

Reactions: AM64 and RollerVol
Mine is probably a piece of the old endzone that was taken out in the early 90's. Back when we played on turf. It's probably not super rare but I love the history that it was apart of. Some Absolute legends played on that surface. White, Pickens, Cobb, Kelly, Shuler, Webb,

I have a piece of that turf. It’s from the checker board end zone. Good Ol Larry Box gave it to me.

My favorite piece of memorabilia is the game worn glove in my avatar. I’m guessing mostly everyone knows the story behind it now but yeah. Definitely a keeper every bit as much as one of the Hobb nail boot cleats would have been.

I have a piece of that turf. It’s from the checker board end zone. Good Ol Larry Box gave it to me.

My favorite piece of memorabilia is the game worn glove in my avatar. I’m guessing mostly everyone knows the story behind it now but yeah. Definitely a keeper every bit as much as one of the Hobb nail boot cleats would have been.
Did you ever get it signed by JJ ? Keep an eye out he may be doing some autograph signings in the next few months

Reactions: RollerVol
Well...ever the one to march to the beat of a different drummer, I'd save myself. As a Vols fan who loves my team and cheering for them through thick and thin, I'd hate to lose my ability to do that by letting myself go up in fire and smoke.

Attachments

• TENNFAN1.jpg
    TENNFAN1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3
Mine is probably a piece of the old endzone that was taken out in the early 90's. Back when we played on turf. It's probably not super rare but I love the history that it was apart of. Some Absolute legends played on that surface. White, Pickens, Cobb, Kelly, Shuler, Webb,
I got some of that also. Enough to make a 18 " white power T outlined in orange.

Did you ever get it signed by JJ ? Keep an eye out he may be doing some autograph signings in the next few months

No I did not. My son’s footballs games all seemed to line up with UTs schedule so we didn’t make it up this past fall. I’d love to get it done though. Maybe he’ll get drafted by the Falcons haha.

Reactions: RollerVol
Citrus Bowl victory over OSU signed by coach Fulmer and a program from the 1968 Tennessee Alabama game

Attachments

• 20200113_082709.jpg
    20200113_082709.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200113_082746.jpg
    20200113_082746.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
We’ve got a bit before Fingers starts posting spring practice threads and even longer till the fall. Let’s pass the time with some fun conversation.

Your house is on fire (yes I know the thought of that may not be fun conversation but humor me) and everyone is safe. After getting the essentials out you have time and room to rescue one UT related item. What’s it gonna be? Pics are appreciated.
I dont have a picture right now, but my Junior year in HS was Eric Berrys Sophomore year at UT. We went to the Orange and White game and I just got a UT football to be signed by the players. On each side of the T (I didnt plan it that way it just happened) was Eric Berry and Demetrice Morelys signature. Not even a year later Morely was kicked off the team by Kiffin.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back