It’s the off season so let’s pass the time...tell your most prized UT possession.

We’ve got a bit before Fingers starts posting spring practice threads and even longer till the fall. Let’s pass the time with some fun conversation.

Your house is on fire (yes I know the thought of that may not be fun conversation but humor me) and everyone is safe. After getting the essentials out you have time and room to rescue one UT related item. What’s it gonna be? Pics are appreciated.

My diploma.

I’ve got a photo album that looks like a TN hoodie. I’ve taken pictures of different Vol stuff and put in there along with tickets to most of the games I’ve attended with family and friends.

Back in the day(Before SC and AR were in the SEC.) there was a poster sold at the UT Bookstore, “Battlegrounds”. It had an overhead view of all the stadiums in the SEC. my plan was to attend a game at each stadium. Now that I’ve done that, my plan is to attend a Vol win at each stadium. I’ve got a ways to go and really need for the SEC to go to a 9 game schedule to get the rotation sooner than every 12 years.

I’ve got a good friend who went to SC and we’ve attended every TN/SC game for the past 18 years. There’s a running joke where we exaggerate the status of the rivalry and we actually have a trophy which is a coffee mug with the worst pro wrestlers ever- the Mulkey Brothers- picture on it. The Mulkey Cup gets passed back and forth as a ridiculous trophy for a rivalry that nobody cares about. He’d never forgive me if I didn’t grab that coffee mug on my way out of a burning building.
the one wrestling match I remember from my childhood featured the mulkeys versus the gladiators. And the mulkeys won on a fluke. I’d never heard of either tag team before that day, and it ended up being the one wrestling match I fondly remember.

the one wrestling match I remember from my childhood featured the mulkeys versus the gladiators. And the mulkeys won on a fluke. I’d never heard of either tag team before that day, and it ended up being the one wrestling match I fondly remember.
Lol...SC guy saw my post and you're not going to believe what he texted me...

#1.1998 NC football, signed by Fulmer, Tee, and a bunch of guys
#2. signed framed Eric Berry jersey
#3. Box of unopened Vol Collector Cards (pic below)
#4. Framed board of many of my game tickets
View attachment 253920

You have time to rescue only one item. You probably took on too much smoke and croaked while going for your framed Berry jersey. RIP.

My diploma.

That was my first thought (I have two - BS and MS), and my ring. As far as just football stuff, the first thing would be my framed piece of turf - the attached plaque says used from 1968 to 1993. That would make it 3M Tartan Turf or Doug's Rug as I recall. I also have a footlocker with some assorted stuff like football programs Daily Beacons from the 60s and other memorabilia I'd hate to lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back