It’s Official-Tennessee Smokies Moving Back To Knoxville.

I see the NIMBY’s on the Knoxville subreddit are predictably upset that their crusade to keep this from happening didn’t work out. Hate that for them. God forbid Knoxville have any sort of leisure activity that isn’t a mountain bike trail. Personally I’m excited about this. I’m not remotely invested in the Smokies, and not even that big of a baseball fan, but I do enjoy a night out at the ballpark. I’ll probably go to games somewhat regularly. That certainly wasn’t possible when they played in Kodak.

Reactions: tbh
Have they said what the plans are for the existing Smokies stadium in Kodak?

I see the NIMBY’s on the Knoxville subreddit are predictably upset that their crusade to keep this from happening didn’t work out. Hate that for them. God forbid Knoxville have any sort of leisure activity that isn’t a mountain bike trail. Personally I’m excited about this. I’m not remotely invested in the Smokies, and not even that big of a baseball fan, but I do enjoy a night out at the ballpark. I’ll probably go to games somewhat regularly. That certainly wasn’t possible when they played in Kodak.

It’s probably more the property owners subject to more taxes and spending than the NIMBYs that oppose a minor league ball park. It should be good for the neighborhood. It’s mainly the Old City to the east and old beat up warehouses and light industrial or industrial supply/services buildings surrounding the spot. It’s ugly down there.

Randy Boyd, worthless person, hoodwinks ignorant municipal body to pay for his increased wealth causing hundreds of mouth breathers to celebrate the ability to pay for it.

What a disaster. I can't fathom that so many people are so ignorant to Randy's move. He's Haslam's puppet, and Haslam is either a current or former share holder, just like Duncan. When will we stop being such sycophants to these criminals? Wake up, people. We're being screwed.

VN Store

Back