Gloom, despair and agony on us... (merged)

As Derrick Dooley would say, “Pruitt is an energy VAMPIRE”!

Reactions: ugg
I don’t have that kind of pull, but I’ll pass along what one of the most successful ADs I’ve ever had the chance to spend time with said. “If you run the department with the goal of satisfying every person in the stands, you might as well go ahead and sit with them.”

The point is this: Knowing how your fans feel is very important and should be a part of your process. But making decisions based on the whims of people on social media or message boards puts you on the fast track to failure. Have a plan, stick with it. Changing your plan every time there’s a setback gets you nowhere.
This is way more than a setback. This is that plan clearly and loudly failing

I’m not a Nega-Vol or a bandwagon fan or any of that. I’ve been a Vol fan my whole life. I’ll always be a Vol fan. I have a shared history with my Dad and my family as we’ve watched the games over the years. BUT, it’s just not fun anymore.

You remember how everything kind of revolved around football Saturday? You wouldn’t plan a wedding on a home game. You went to the game, tailgated or cooked out with the family. If you met a stranger on Monday, you could say “how about that game” and they knew exactly what you were talking about.

I used to watch every second of every game. Now I flip the channels. I’ll miss a little here or there. I’ve even turned off the game. I never used to do that. I don’t follow sports radio and stuff like a used to. It just doesn’t matter. We’re irrelevant. And we’ve been that way for 15 years. It’s sad. I hate it. And you’ve lost an entire generation of fans. Young people don’t watch the Vols.

I don’t know what it will take. But this isn’t fun anymore. I’m not giving up. The Vols will always have my heart. But, it’s tough to be a Tennessee Vol.
I will support this team even if they went 0-10. I am not a fair weather fan.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
I don’t have that kind of pull, but I’ll pass along what one of the most successful ADs I’ve ever had the chance to spend time with said. “If you run the department with the goal of satisfying every person in the stands, you might as well go ahead and sit with them.”

The point is this: Knowing how your fans feel is very important and should be a part of your process. But making decisions based on the whims of people on social media or message boards puts you on the fast track to failure. Have a plan, stick with it. Changing your plan every time there’s a setback gets you nowhere.
So I guess you do not consider 5 straight double-digit losses for the first time in program history a disaster? And by the way, except for a cancellation the previous week that record would now stand at 6. And while you are at it, considering where this program is right now can you help us understand about the fast track to failure? Hoping that “most successful AD” can share his insight with you

I would say the vast majority of people on here aren't fair weather fans....cause the weather hasnt been fair in a LONG time. Most of us love UT except the rival posters.

It just sucks that my kids won't know the joy I had at their age. Makes me sad.

So I guess you do not consider 5 straight double-digit losses for the first time in program history a disaster? And by the way, except for a cancellation the previous week that record would now stand at 6. And while you are at it, considering where this program is right now can you help us understand about the fast track to failure? Hoping that “most successful AD” can share his insight with you

Brother, I don't have any impact on whether somebody gets fired or not. It sucks right now, no doubt about it. I'm just telling you that they're not going to make a change this year. I'm not going to waste my energy arguing about whether it's right or wrong because it's not going to happen, no matter how many times we post about it on a message board.

The money people were sold on this being a 4-5 year rebuild when he was hired. I don't think he'll get a 5th year if next year is anything like this one, but he's going to get a 4th year to find out.

Brother, I don't have any impact on whether somebody gets fired or not. It sucks right now, no doubt about it. I'm just telling you that they're not going to make a change this year. I'm not going to waste my energy arguing about whether it's right or wrong because it's not going to happen, no matter how many times we post about it on a message board.

The money people were sold on this being a 4-5 year rebuild when he was hired. I don't think he'll get a 5th year if next year is anything like this one, but he's going to get a 4th year to find out.

Tell the money people to get out the platinum card and start buying all of the available seats and t-shirts etc because a lot of fans are over this program as it stands.

I can’t even find Tennessee gear outside the state anymore.

Right!!. There are no gear at the Kroger down the street and I live in M'boro!!! All Gump and Titans stuff.

Half of the time these days I don't even know what time the game starts. The OP is right, it's not fun at all.

Reactions: MAD
aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back