Isle of Palms Restaurants......

The Boathouse. Very cool. Morgan Creek was also very good so all in all it wasnt too bad!

Love the Boathouse!

We’ve been going to Charleston yearly for about 9 years now.

My favorites:
Halls for steak
Charleston Grill for romance
Also like Peninsula Grill for romance and great food, Circa 1886 might be the most romantic setting but I didn’t like it as much
Hanks for seafood
Poogans Porch for brunch
Husk we usually do for lunch but also great for dinner
Brown Dog Deli has delicious hot dogs for lunch
167 Raw has great oysters and lobster rolls

We’ve eaten at several other places we’ve liked, but if I’m going to Charleston I’m not leaving without going to Hall’s.

When I moved to Charleston in 1997 Poogan's Porch was the 1st place I had brunch. Glad it is still open.

Does anyone know if Bowen's Island restaurant is still open? If you like fried seafood, it used to be the bomb!

@MEDVOL - Which of those would you recommend for an anniversary dinner in Charleston? My wife and I have been to Magnolia's several times, but we might try something new this trip.

Probably Charleston Grill or Circa 1886. Neither are cheap, but neither is Magnolia's. Charleston Grill is inside the Belmond Grand between Meeting and King St. I haven't been since they've renovated their dining room. They have live Jazz and nice seating arrangements. Had one of the best dining experiences I've ever had at Charleston Grill. Circa 1886 is a little more secluded, quieter. We walked to it from King St. The setting there is more picturesque. Of course the food is great as well. I have a soft spot for Charleston Grill, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Probably Charleston Grill or Circa 1886. Neither are cheap, but neither is Magnolia's. Charleston Grill is inside the Belmond Grand between Meeting and King St. I haven't been since they've renovated their dining room. They have live Jazz and nice seating arrangements. Had one of the best dining experiences I've ever had at Charleston Grill. Circa 1886 is a little more secluded, quieter. We walked to it from King St. The setting there is more picturesque. Of course the food is great as well. I have a soft spot for Charleston Grill, though.
Thank you!

Y’all are killing me! Dying to get back to Charleston. Favorite town on the planet. One of the places we are considering after my last goes to college.

Side question: any recommendations on a Charleston brewery? I'd love to get my hands on some Mexican Cake.

@MEDVOL : Our anniversary dinner at Charleston Grill was fantastic. Impeccable service, best lamb I've ever had (from Colorado), and we had a great seat right by the jazz band. Thank you so much!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Side question: any recommendations on a Charleston brewery? I'd love to get my hands on some Mexican Cake.

Just answered you in the beer thread. You may miss the Mexican Cake release if you are there now. But in the last couple of years, they have producing more. I am going later this year than normal but will be there in late June. I will try to get you one if you can’t get it while there.

VN Store

Back