Is this J Pruitt's staff or P Fulmer's staff

2 points:

1) he was top 3 Pac 12 recruiter 5 years running. Any other USC/UCLA recruiter could have done so, but HE did it. One thing to say you're in a talent rich area (UF, FSU, Miami??) it's another thing to be THE GUY in the area.

2) 2011 recruiter rankings had Tee as 6th in the SEC...at lowly KENTUCKY. Battling uphill versus some of the best recruiters in the country! That is saying something!

Sorry, you must not follow recruiting AT ALL to not understand how good he is. He's won awards lmao. Of course you wouldn't know there were recruiting awards if you didn't follow such things. No shame, but now you know.

Well, you honestly must not have read every single post I've made on the subject. 6th SEC with 1 4 star, and 4 3 star commits, yes amazing. 18th overall. But ok, we'll settle and call that good. I knew it then and I know it now, been following recruiting since, well, I don't need to justify my age or time to you. Let's just clear up this. I haven't said he's bad, I've simply said until he's done it here, I'm not going to announce him as the greatest recruiter. He's had success, at USC, bringing in lots of top talent. Can he do it here, you, nor I, know whether he can, or can't. He's been hired because Pruitt believes he can, I sincerely and honestly, hope he does.

Reactions: FLSTF-VOL and Remy
Soo 18th NATIONALLY at UK?? Lol that is a show of excellence if anything I've ever heard. What does that equate to with UT's resources, footprint, budget, etc?? I'd figure top 5, top 10 without a doubt. Jeez, sounds great to me!

How dare he not be the #1 national recruiter at THE U (of K)!!

hahaha some of y'all and the mental gymnastics you will do to dismiss this hire. And for what reason?? Very curious what motives would be behind such amazing cognitive dissonance.

Hello Tee's Uncle.

Shall we post his actual commits at Kentucky. I think we should since you can't help but be impressed by it.

Tee Martin 2011 Kentucky commits

No motives, just discussion

Do you honestly think Kiffin got Tee to come to the west coast BC he thought he wasn't an ace recruiter? Martin is highly valued by coaches who know more than you or I.

I don't know exactly why he hired him. I'm not Lane. I'm sure he thought he would do a good job. And he did until he didn't. You guys just have this belief that Tee brought in this load of 5 star recruits to Kentucky. The reality is he didn't. What he did at USC, while great, isn't a guarantee he'll do that here, as my previous posts have stated. Recruiting local talent to USC is not the same as recruiting to Tennessee. I hope he is as good or better than Pruitt thinks or wishes. Will be for the good of Tennessee.

What other recruiter(s) at USC have been nationally ranked in the top 10 recently?

Hey you do realize that any Joe could stroll into USC and recruit 4*, 5* recruits, nothing to it really. They just flock to USC and no-one actually makes an effort to develop those relationships.

I don't know exactly why he hired him. I'm not Lane. I'm sure he thought he would do a good job. And he did until he didn't. You guys just have this belief that Tee brought in this load of 5 star recruits to Kentucky. The reality is he didn't. What he did at USC, while great, isn't a guarantee he'll do that here, as my previous posts have stated. Recruiting local talent to USC is not the same as recruiting to Tennessee. I hope he is as good or better than Pruitt thinks or wishes. Will be for the good of Tennessee.
What other recruiter did anything close to what Tee did while at USC? Patiently waiting

What other recruiter did anything close to what Tee did while at USC? Patiently waiting
Don't know who the coaches were, but I looked at USC recruiting rankings from 2005 through 2012 (pre tee) and their average ranking was as good or better before tee arrived. I looked at rivals. I think ESPN has the same annual list with their rankings.

Op
Sick and tired of this question. CJP calls his own shots and Phil was always a delegator.

This is not Butch and Co. these are grown men with balls.

Irrelevant to the discussion. He was fired by them though, so does that become relevant.

But here you go. Top SC recruiters.

Keary Colbert. Currently ranked 3rd. 7 commits. 1-5*, 3-4*, 3-3*.
Tee. 2018 17th. 1-5*, 2-4*
Tee and Udeze 2017. 11th and 12th. Tee.2-5*,4-4*,3-3*. Udeze. 3-4*,2-3*
Tee. 2016. 1st
Tee and Tuiasosopo. 2nd and 5th. 11 commits for Tee, 6 for Tui.

I've never said Tee wasn't successful at USC. You, however, seem to think he was the only member recruiting there. As you can see, others were/are effective as well, and will be in the future. If Tee can replicate or even come close to those results it will be great. It's a simple thing, change all the variables but one, Tee. See if the results follow Tee, and/or the variables. Perhaps it was both, or maybe it was just the school. With a current guy in the top 5, and others represented along the way, we know it wasn't only Tee who was/is successful there.

What other recruiter(s) at USC have been nationally ranked in the top 10 recently?
tenor.gif

Well, you honestly must not have read every single post I've made on the subject. 6th SEC with 1 4 star, and 4 3 star commits, yes amazing. 18th overall. But ok, we'll settle and call that good. I knew it then and I know it now, been following recruiting since, well, I don't need to justify my age or time to you. Let's just clear up this. I haven't said he's bad, I've simply said until he's done it here, I'm not going to announce him as the greatest recruiter. He's had success, at USC, bringing in lots of top talent. Can he do it here, you, nor I, know whether he can, or can't. He's been hired because Pruitt believes he can, I sincerely and honestly, hope he does.

Well, we aren't debating epistemology here, just reasonable beliefs. Surely you hold well reasoned, evidence-based beliefs. How else could one go through life? What if the sun doesn't rise tomorrow? We don't know, but we have strong inductive reasoning to believe it so. I'd say Tee has shown enough to give anyone a strong belief he will do quite well here. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: Brasszilla
I noticed in today's morning local newspaper under "transactions" somebody named Arthur Smith was promoted to offensive coordinator.
Has anyone heard of this Arthur Smith fella? I know CJP just hired Chaney as OC but don't know this guy.
Is this guy someone Chaney knows & has worked w/in the past? Just wondering WTF?

I noticed in today's morning local newspaper under "transactions" somebody named Arthur Smith was promoted to offensive coordinator.
Has anyone heard of this Arthur Smith fella? I know CJP just hired Chaney as OC but don't know this guy.
Is this guy someone Chaney knows & has worked w/in the past? Just wondering WTF?
Titans

Thanks, I got it now. New OC w/Titans. My stupid paper listed this transaction under "college".
I'm the one that was lost bc of the idiot reporter that put this transaction under college & not Pro. Honest mistake of taking for granted in believing my local idiot newspaper could print something right.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. But that doesn't tell me much of his experience w/offense. What did he do w/Titans? Does the dude know any offensive plays and has called offensive plays in the past with another high profile team? Sorry, just haven't heard of this dude/coach before. He should be really good for UT to promote him.
I went to the football staff roster & he's not listed w/the staff.
200.gif

Reactions: Behr

Yeah, I went to the Titans website & got some education about this Smith dude. He sounds like he's very qualified to become the Titan's OC. My hometown local idiot newspaper put this hire or promotion under the "college transactions" & not under the "PRO" promotions where it should have been. I knew I wasn't aware of anybody named Arthur Smith having any kind of association w/UT football & I knew you guys could & would set me straight. Thanks again for the replies.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back