Is there a line yet?

Atreus21

Although I'm sure AU will be favored, has Vegas given an exact number yet?

I saw that it opened up at 13 in the local paper, not sure which source they got but AUBURN -13 was the line.

Its gone up since news of the 2 am brawl between the football players and the frat boys.

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN@Dec 3, 2004 4:22 AM
i think its 14.5

That seems awfully high to me. I was expecting 4 or 7, but not two touchdowns. If Auburn wins, I bet they don't cover the spread.

I think they probably will... If Auburn jumps out early, it may start a defecit we may not be able to recover. We gotta stop the early scoring drives. Beat Auburn in the first and fourth quarter, and we can win the game.

I'm hoping Chavis saw something in the last game against Auburn that will be beneficial this time around. Auburn really has not let up against anybody in the 2nd half all year. In their other 10 games, Auburn scored 163 first half points and 166 second half points. Yet, they managed only 3 points in the 2nd half of the game earlier this year. Probably first and foremost on Tuberville's mind during that 2nd half was to not let the Vols make a comeback like the previous season. In 2003, the Vols trailed 28-7 in the 4th quarter... and then 2 TDs later (28-21) and the Vols throwing at the Eagle-Tigers endzone, Tuberville was sweating. Similarly, the Vols were trailing this time 31-10 in the 4th quarter... but turnovers kept the Vols out of the endzone this time.

Hopefully, Chavis will make sure that the Vols don't have to play catch up the whole game.

I've been watching game film since I got home from school at noon. I watched 10 minute highlight reels of every game UT has played this season.

Looking back at our season, this is my conclusion:

Our offense has been at the least solid at all times, except vs. Auburn. It was ludacris to go and question Rick Clausen anytime after the first half of Vanderbilt. If anything, our offense keeps us trucking in the crucial parts of the game, when the defense lets off.

Our defense keeps us in the game, but has consistently let off steam in the fourth. UNLV pretty easily scored a TD on us because of this. The most notable drop in fourth quarter defense, as you all know, was against SC. And also, as you've all noticed, fundamental tackling has been non-existent this season. It has hurt our defensive game all around. Our secondary is fast, and can keep up with any QB/RB/WR in the conference, but they cannot tackle. First contact tackle is a rarity here.

When our defense bangs on all cylinders, though, it's dependent on the ability of guys like Mahelona to break through the line and pressure the QB. He can sack very fast. I think our defensive game against Auburn, especially because of their running, will be pivotal on Mahelona's ability to plug openings in the offensive line, and scare the s**tpiss out of Campbell.

Offensively, we need to open it up ONLY and only during the first quarter and the last few drives of the game. Auburn's defense is extremely good and ready to capitalize on any mistakes. Come out of the gates blazing, try and pick up a quick one TD lead then revert to a conservative gameplan, and get the defense to hold the Tigers back in the second and third quarters. Luckily our defense tends to apply the most pressure in the third. Then, in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter, if the game is still within 10 points, keep it conservative. If it's not within ten points, open it up to make sure Auburn doesn't come back.

VN Store

Back