Is there a back story on Tenn Governor and Auburn?

Vfl2407

Heard some guy on radio complaining that state of Tennessee Governor invited Auburn’s basketball team to the Governors mansion in Nashville because he’s an Auburn grad?
So, did he just invite Auburn but none of the other 13 SEC schools? Seems odd.

Heard some guy on radio complaining that state of Tennessee Governor invited Auburn’s basketball team to the Governors mansion in Nashville because he’s an Auburn grad?
So, did he just invite Auburn but none of the other 13 SEC schools? Seems odd.

He’s an AU grad. Was a booster/donor at one time, not sure if that’s still the case.

It’s at the governors mansion, so yes, tax payer money is involved.
Not necessarily. He can still pay for things himself. Also, he receives an allotment for the Governors mansion so even if paid for with state funds the money would have been spent. So no extra state money spent.

Not necessarily. He can still pay for things himself. Also, he receives an allotment for the Governors mansion so even if paid for with state funds the money would have been spent. So no extra state money spent.

The acquisition and upkeep of the mansion is paid for with taxpayer funds. Also, any staff or security used for the event is paid for with with taxpayer funds.

Our Governor isnt what he sells himself to be but he was better than Karl Dean. I didnt vote for either. Lee Company is notorious for up-selling their customers. I was a Lee Company customer for 5 years when I first purchased my current home. Everytime they came out to service my HVAC system, they'd try to sell me something else that I "needed". Finally they said I needed a new unit at $8K. I asked another company to come out to take a look and when I asked "so you dont think I need a new unit", they "not unless you want me to sell you one". The unit lasted another two years. When I did replace it, the exact unit that Lee quoted at $8k, cost $5,500 from my current provider.

If I'd had known he was an Auburn grad, I wouldn't have voted for him.
I'm with you! Must be the reason he didn't let this tidbit slip out during the campaign That said,I like Bill Lee, from just what I've seen of him on TV.We could have done a lot worse.

The acquisition and upkeep of the mansion is paid for with taxpayer funds. Also, any staff or security used for the event is paid for with with taxpayer funds.

That is a fixed cost. The upkeep does not change if the Auburn basketball team comes over. Their is always a State trooper there, so again fixed cost does not change if Auburn basketball team comes over.

I'm not saying I think it is a good idea for the Auburn team to be there but I can tell you it didn't cost the state anything. Believe me, it is something I know.

Our Governor isnt what he sells himself to be but he was better than Karl Dean. I didnt vote for either. Lee Company is notorious for up-selling their customers. I was a Lee Company customer for 5 years when I first purchased my current home. Everytime they came out to service my HVAC system, they'd try to sell me something else that I "needed". Finally they said I needed a new unit at $8K. I asked another company to come out to take a look and when I asked "so you dont think I need a new unit", they "not unless you want me to sell you one". The unit lasted another two years. When I did replace it, the exact unit that Lee quoted at $8k, cost $5,500 from my current provider.

A good and honest HVAC company is hard to find. I've got a couple of rentals here in Shelby County and I've gone through several HVAC companies due to shady business practices. These companies are not making any $$$$ on the $10/month contract that guarantees 3-4 tuneups; they make their $$$ by upselling on those scheduled tuneups.......

VN Store

Back