is the SEC better than the Big 10???

To anyone touting Ron Zook, some people in Gainesville want to speak to you.

Mendenhall is gone. See you later Illnois

Are you talking about the same 2006 Buckeye team I am? UF ran them off the field and it had little if anything to do with anything other than UF being a vastly faster and better team. That same UF team could have and maybe should have lost to UT and LSU in addition to Auburn.

I don't think OSU during the year was as bad as they looked/were in that game. They were definitely cocky and out of shape. I think it would've been closer if they were ready but I'll admit UF was still the better team. I remember telling people at here at OSU that we wouldn't "kill" Florida like they saying. I was half right.

Any sane Big 10 fan would admit that the SEC's the best conference and better than the Big 10 by a long shot. Growing up in the south and being in Ohio now I notice the differences. I can hardly watch other Big10 games besides when OSU, Illinois(only recently), Penn St, Michigan or Wisconsin play each other. Lots of people here only care about just OSU games. In the SEC, there's usually a couple big games a week and you don't have to be a fan of the schools to wanna watch. I've sold many a ticket to watch OSU whoop up on Northwestern or Minnesota so I could watch a 3:30 SEC game instead.

I don't think OSU during the year was as bad as they looked/were in that game. They were definitely cocky and out of shape. I think it would've been closer if they were ready but I'll admit UF was still the better team. I remember telling people at here at OSU that we wouldn't "kill" Florida like they saying. I was half right.

Any sane Big 10 fan would admit that the SEC's the best conference and better than the Big 10 by a long shot. Growing up in the south and being in Ohio now I notice the differences. I can hardly watch other Big10 games besides when OSU, Illinois(only recently), Penn St, Michigan or Wisconsin play each other. Lots of people here only care about just OSU games. In the SEC, there's usually a couple big games a week and you don't have to be a fan of the schools to wanna watch. I've sold many a ticket to watch OSU whoop up on Northwestern or Minnesota so I could watch a 3:30 SEC game instead.

Great post. I agree 100% (with the exception being that I never get rid of my UM tickets.) I hate going home and seeing Purdue-NW and always switch over to the SEC game, because usually it's pretty damn great.

Saying Illinois will Struggle without Mendenhal, is like someone saying Tennessee was going to Struggle without Peyton Manning.....Look how that turned out.

big 10 football is not even close to sec. the commissioner has no heart. something everyone even fans have to have to even live in the south. no great matchups except osu mich. that's the one good game you know you'll get. illinois in there now. there is no exciting marketing because if you get hyped up and watch a big 10 game you're disappointed. any blow outs in sec and the teams are still fighting hard. it's like a mike tyson fight you better watch every second because it could just change. i watched ga loose a 20 pt lead to auburn then turn it back around and blow them out. i then watched us blow a lead against uk then thought we would lose then win. you can't get that in big 10. your commish won't even have the good teams play each other every year. also your coaches know what time it is. the could handle the stress of working hard every week (seriously) why do you think they take jobs in the big 10 and the pac 10. why do you think ron zook wento to illinois, he knew he could build an sec type team and make a bowl every year. he can't guarantee that at ole miss or vandy or miss st. you can't even guarantee that at the big schools like ga, fl, auburn, us, etc. no team is safe in the sec everyone has to work their schedule. the sec is the only conference where if everyone had easy non conference games it wouldn't matter because the conference schedule is sooooo brutal you need a cupcake a cople times a year to survive. we don't need to rack up browny points.

Last year you were quite fortunate to beat Florida. Had you played 10 times the Gators would have beaten you 8. In my honest opinion, they had a letdown. Hence the loss.

Furthermore, regarding the Championship game, a number of SEC teams would have beaten OSU. Georgia, Florida (they would have risen to the occasion) and UT. Hell, even lowly Kentucky could have possibly beaten OSU had they played the way they played against us, Fla and UT.

Oh, and this is just the SEC East!! Shall I remind the Big 10 fans of the West???? :) Had Michigan played in the SEC, you would not have gone bowling and OSU would have been a 3 to 4 loss team at best.

see big 10 fans are worn out just talking about it. i agree that osu is the only team that would be bowl elidgible in the sec. mich would be were ole miss and vandy are.....zook is good for a bowl game...he'd lose to mtsu but would beat fl in the swamp to make a bowl...rodrigez has not coached a full schedule either. did you see him leave wv when the conference got competitive and he couldn't win it every yr. i'm telling you the sec is not even funny. does anyone notice that only established sec coaches, coaches taking their first head job, or the really exceptional coaches take head jobs in the sec. because they get ran off or burned out. patrino will find out. i have seen interviews of other GOOD coaches from acc and big 12 who were coordniators in sec say that the sec is just a whole other animal. it's not normal college coaching. IT'S THE BEST!!1

According to College Football Data Warehouse, Michigan is 20-5-1 vs the SEC. Here is how is breaks down per team.

vs Alabama 2-1
vs Arkansas 1-0
vs Auburn 1-1
vs Florida 2-0
vs Georgia 1-1
vs Kentucky 1-0
vs Ole Miss 1-0
vs USC 1-1
vs Tennessee 0-1
vs Vandy 10-0-1

That record is a little inflated by playing Vandy for more than a third of their SEC games.

Id like to see Florida drop FSU one year and travel up to Columbus in about week 14 just to see how they would fare.

Thats what OSU fans hang on to, SEC teams never play them in their house in the winter.

My argument to that is, Tennessee travels up to Kentucky every other year and we have beat those scumbags 12 times in a row.

The Big 10 don't want none of the big bad SEC, the Big 12 on the other hand, I believe they could hold their own against the SEC

When Ron Zook is, at worst, the 3rd-best team in a conference, said conference is pathetic.

if i had to pick a big ten team for an sec team to beat horribly every year it'd be OSU cause i can't stand them and their THE Ohio State University garbage.

I love the article that came out after OSU lost to LSU. It was a rant about how The OSU should be forced to give up that title to The SEC because we own them.

This year? No. I think that we're lucky to have the schedule that we do, because we've got a good possibility of going 9-3 in a completely rebuilding season. Aside from Ohio State, there's not a single team that should be challenging even for a top 10 slot. Wisconsin is ridiculously overrated, PSU as well. I'm not sold on Mendenhall-less Illinois with tZookster calling the shots, either. There's a giant hunk of mediocre right there.

We have talent, but a new system and no good fit at the QB slot. I like where we're sitting for 09 and beyond, but if this Michigan team is a top 3 team, the conference is DOWN.

The Big XII and possibly (ugh) Pac-10 are better this year.

I give you props for being a realistic football fan and not just a Big 10 homer.

We won in Champaign last year with a QB whose shoulder popped out everytime he took a snap. We'll see what happens this year. We also have speedy RBs this year- a whole slew of them.

I wouldn't take UIUC's defense over Michigan this year. Our front 4 is nasty and we finally have a rock solid secondary.

That game will be fun for sure.

Yep. Michigan is looking really nasty all right. Utah is wiping the field with them in the opening game of the season, and that "rock solid secondary" has given up 253 passing yards in the first half. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back