Is the Catholic Church an evil entity?

As with any association of individuals, a few bad apples, however bad they may seem, isn't sufficient to deem the association itself as bad.

I think most Catholic people detest what happened, but to have high ranking Catholic leaders come out, defend, and even try to cover up this sort of evil demonstrates there are more than a few bad apples involved.

I think most Catholic people detest what happened, but to have high ranking Catholic leaders come out, defend, and even try to cover up this sort of evil demonstrates there are more than a few bad apples involved.

I think the NCAA would define this as lack of institutional control.

Do you realize how big the Catholic church is?

I would also doubt that anyone in this thread would make the argument that child molestation is a tenet of their religion/belief/mission or that it is supported by anything more than a miniscule fraction of the church.

I would also doubt that anyone in this thread would make the argument that child molestation is a tenet of their religion/belief/mission or that it is supported by anything more than a miniscule fraction of the church.

No one said it was a "tenet of their religion" . Regardless, there is a known pattern of sexual abuse in the Catholic church.

These priests are being enabled by their leadership, and it should be disgusting to everyone, including Catholics.

Catholic Church sex abuse cases by country - Wikipedia

How is it non-sequitur? You're saying they hold marriage sacred. I am saying that they don't hold it anymore sacred than the average Joe.
Sample size matters to make a fair comparison. Ftr, I’m not saying those claiming to be Christians don’t have a higher divorce rate.

Sample size matters to make a fair comparison. Ftr, I’m not saying those claiming to be Christians don’t have a higher divorce rate.

All I'm demonstrating is that Christians don't really hold marriage that sacred. I couldn't care less about what the marriage rate of atheists is.

Who made that argument?

Reactions: Matt2496
All I'm demonstrating is that Christians don't really hold marriage that sacred.
I don't see how anyone could miss the simple point you are making. Either they are deliberately twisting the meaning or they are really that mentally dense.

9rmywty8bjg11.jpg
When our gov't makes child molestation legal, you'll have a point.

I don't know man, feels like I made solid contact.

I think your feelz for me are getting in the way of reason.

Here's why I think it is a miss. "Marriage" is a deep seeded value held by Christians. While it might be in other religions/cults, it is a foundational one in Christianity. So they protest for the sanctity of that institution, AND what they feel it means from the Bible. (The institution of marriage is great if you want to be institutionalized - paraphrasing Rodney)

With the exception of possibly islam, child molsetation is pretty much universally condemned. So the singling out of Christians in the meme is the miss. There was NOBODY 'there' which to me says that EVERYBODY thinks it's OK.

jmho

And as much as you want me to, I really don't GAF about you Septic. I think you are a self indulgent wannabe troll.

SpaceCoast from the sidewalk......

1534544142802.gif

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Here's why I think it is a miss. "Marriage" is a deep seeded value held by Christians. While it might be in other religions/cults, it is a foundational one in Christianity. So they protest for the sanctity of that institution, AND what they feel it means from the Bible. (The institution of marriage is great if you want to be institutionalized - paraphrasing Rodney)

With the exception of possibly islam, child molsetation is pretty much universally condemned. So the singling out of Christians in the meme is the miss. There was NOBODY 'there' which to me says that EVERYBODY thinks it's OK.

jmho

And as much as you want me to, I really don't GAF about you Septic. I think you are a self indulgent wannabe troll.

And marriage may be just that to Christians, but they are forcing their deeply held religious tenets on others.

There is nothing worse than a man of the cloth who takes advantage of his/her position with minor children.

Having said that, I know there are a lot of good Catholics out there. I am Presbyterian and not Catholic though.

I thought you were a nihilist?

Covering up, allowing continued contact with children and the character assassination of some victims is supporting molestation. It fostered an environment of secrecy and acceptance that allowed these priests to victimize more children. It's disgusting.

And now the church is rationalizing the behavior of more than just few rogue priests by trying to justify the behavior of its priests by minimizing their actions.
No argument there. It's ****ed up. Heads ought to roll. I'm simply referring to the meme. The Catholic Church doesn't reach that molesting children is correct. If the government passed legislation that it was ok for priest to molest children the outcry would be far beyond the gay marriage thing.
Memes are shallow and often fail. Yours did.

VN Store

Back