Is the 2019 Version 20pts Better?

Your 'logic', boils down to 'we will be better because we are Tennessee, and everyone else will be worse because of who they are', and unfortunately that's not how it works anymore in modern college football.

No Hell No It's Not. I have looked at each opponent's returning starters, backups that will assume starting roles, and made projections. BUT the biggest difference will be that PRUITT is now settled in, and the Players that remain are Bought In. That was Not the case LY. Then add the Incoming talent on offense and defense and the Huge Leaps Made in S & C and I can say with no ?? this will not even RESEMBLE the 2018 team. This is real LOGIC. God Almighty it's like pulling teeth around here.

No Hell No It's Not. I have looked at each opponent's returning starters, backups that will assume starting roles, and made projections. BUT the biggest difference will be that PRUITT is now settled in, and the Players that remain are Bought In. That was Not the case LY. Then add the Incoming talent on offense and defense and the Huge Leaps Made in S & C and I can say with no ?? this will not even RESEMBLE the 2018 team. This is real LOGIC. God Almighty it's like pulling teeth around here.

Feel free to share the statistical analysis that you've conducted from which you've extrapolated your predictions.

Blind Ambition. I don't post stuff off the top of my head. I'm basing everything on the Information available. Go back and read my reasons for the Optimism. SURE; most homers that don't know squat about Talent, Coaching, Rosters, Projections, FOOTBALL, ect will tout their team at every opportunity. I've listed REAL REASONS for this thread. Just watch the season unfold; then Hit me back at the end. I'll be waiting. BUT all the critics here will be MIA. lol
No, it's your opinion. You even got called for statements that we are the only team that is able to improve.

Reactions: Titan05
5-7?? You can't REALLY be considering that ?? If so, get a bet down on UT under 7 wins on the year! VEGAS Has it at 7.5. Bet your HOUSE!

I assume you’ve done the same with the over?

And to be completely candid, I’m just “keeping my cup on”. We get these “UTs gonna be good again” style threads a lot. I hope we dominate but very little in the last 10 years suggest we will.

The Vol Who Cried “Win” ya know?

I assume you’ve done the same with the over?

And to be completely candid, I’m just “keeping my cup on”. We get these “UTs gonna be good again” style threads a lot. I hope we dominate but very little in the last 10 years suggest we will.

The Vol Who Cried “Win” ya know?

NO. I have no earthly idea what you just said.

No, it's your opinion. You even got called for statements that we are the only team that is able to improve.

I see what I'm dealing with. Detractors at every turn. Meanwhile; someone posts "Will we have a pass rush "? And the attaboys come raining down. WTH. I sometimes wonder how people actually roll out of bed. I'll tell you. I'm a Vol fan since 1970. I know the game. I study the game. AND I even UNDERSTAND English.

Too busy Extracting Molars. Do you Always just agree to disagree? Damn.

Just disagree with the "we are Tennessee" logic that is some sort of defacto surety that we would see progress, while our opponents would regress.

I doubt that you can name more than a handful of players on our opponents teams without Googling it first, much less actually gauge their expected contributions in 2019.

Reactions: Titan05 and Elhanan
NO. I have no earthly idea what you just said.

The boy who cried wolf.

It’s a lesson in sincerity. Trust but verify. I like your optimism. I just don’t share it. Just like I’ve liked the optimism of a hundred other posters saying the exact same thing you have been expounding upon in this thread.

I hope you’re right and we go 8-4 or better. However, I’ll believe it when I see it.

I see what I'm dealing with. Detractors at every turn. Meanwhile; someone posts "Will we have a pass rush "? And the attaboys come raining down. WTH. I sometimes wonder how people actually roll out of bed. I'll tell you. I'm a Vol fan since 1970. I know the game. I study the game. AND I even UNDERSTAND English.
K

Reactions: Elhanan and Titan05
Just disagree with the "we are Tennessee" logic that is some sort of defacto surety that we would see progress, while our opponents would regress.

I doubt that you can name more than a handful of players on our opponents teams without Googling it first, much less actually gauge their expected contributions in 2019.

Well everyone has one. And some people are one. And I don't think you ever actually read and digested my message. I DIDN'T SAY I KNEW EVERY PLAYER; I SAID I KNEW THE # OF STARTERS OUR OPPONENTS HAD RETURNING AND WHICH POSITIONS THEY PLAYED. NAMES AREN'T IMPORTANT . I have a very thick book with all that info. I don't google Chit.

Last edited:
The boy who cried wolf.

It’s a lesson in sincerity. Trust but verify. I like your optimism. I just don’t share it. Just like I’ve liked the optimism of a hundred other posters saying the exact same thing you have been expounding upon in this thread.

I hope you’re right and we go 8-4 or better. However, I’ll believe it when I see it.

NOW, I got it. As they say, we shall see. And I think YOU will see too. Go Vols! (BTW, I'm very familiar with the Boy crying wolf) too often.

Well everyone has one. And some people are one. And I don't think you ever actually read and digested my message. I DIDN'T SAY I KNEW EVERY PLAYER; I SAID I KNEW THE # OF STARTERS OUR OPPONENTS HAD RETURNING AND WHICH POSITIONS THEY PLAYED. NAMES AREN'T IMPORTANT . I have a very thick book with all that info. I don't google Chit.

Because of course, success depends wholly on number of returning starters?

BTW, I think your caps lock key might be broken.

8-4 ??
Good lord.
We have no beef on the lines. Love to be wrong, but. Come. On. People. 6 wins is an improvement.
7 means nobody got hurt - sure.
8? Dream on.
For TN to hit 8 wins means beating Florida. Another loss and expect at minimum 6-7 wins without injuries...

This thread is hilarious. Things sure can change in a few weeks. People were being called negavols for only predicting 7 wins, lol. We will be lucky to win 2.

VN Store

Back