Is The 1/6 Commission Coming?

...cause people on Capitol tours usually need zip ties.
There was a sign which was carried around inside of the Capitol on January 6th that read, "Hang Mike Pence!". That sign was captured on multiple videos that were presented during the Congressional hearings. Would such a sign even be allowed inside of the building during "a normal tourist visit"? I highly doubt it.

There was a sign which was carried around inside of the Capitol on January 6th that read, "Hang Mike Pence!". That sign was captured on multiple videos that were presented during the Congressional hearings. Would such a sign even be allowed inside of the building during "a normal tourist visit"? I highly doubt it.

As long as they were "mainly" (not "mostly") peaceful and stayed within the velvet ropes, which according to some on VN is the case, its allowable.

Anyone who thought it was a good idea to enter the Capitol that day didn’t put much thought into how it would be viewed and the blowback it would create for them.

For those who think it was justified because its a public building, I'd encourage them to walk down to the local courthouse or city hall and try to kick the door in or, if it's open, force their way into any room they please. If you go en masse, you may make it past the security guard, but you'll pay for it later.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I never said it was a normal tourist visit. But it was far from an insurrection. It was merely a bunch of fringe believers that wanted attention.
It wasn't "far from an insurrection".

INSURRECTION: a violent uprising against an authority or government

73 Capitol Police officers and 65 Metropolitan Police officers were treated for injuries with 15 of them requiring hospitalization. Offices inside of the Capitol were vandalized and ransacked. Property was stolen. Over $10 million in property damage was reported.

It certainly was violent, and it was against the government. In addition to the "Hang Mike Pence!" sign that is clearly visible on multiple videos, there is evidence (through chants and rhetoric overheard on video) that specific members of Congress, such as Nancy Pelosi, were being targeted by the demonstrators. The purpose of the Capitol breach was to disrupt formal government procedure concerning the transfer of power.

It sufficiently meets the definition of an insurrection.

For those who think it was justified because its a public building, I'd encourage them to walk down to the local courthouse or city hall and try to kick the door in or, if it's open, force their way into any room they please. If you go en masse, you may make it past the security guard, but you'll pay for it later.

73 Capitol Police officers and 65 Metropolitan Police officers were treated for injuries with 15 of them requiring hospitalization. Offices inside of the Capitol were vandalized and ransacked. Property was stolen. Over $10 million in property damage was reported.

It certainly was violent, and it was against the government. In addition to the "Hang Mike Pence!" sign that is clearly visible on multiple videos, there is evidence (through chants and rhetoric overheard on video) that specific members of Congress, such as Nancy Pelosi, were being targeted by the demonstrators. The purpose of the Capitol breach was to disrupt formal government procedure concerning the transfer of power.

Can you please do the same assessments on the “peaceful protests?” Honestly? A police precinct was burned down by peaceful protestors last year. Is that a public building? An institute of authority and government?

What’s wrong is wrong. But literally paying for people to post bail in one instance and holding others without bail in the other is clearly wrong as well. Apply standards equally. It shouldn’t be that hard.

Can you please do the same assessments on the “peaceful protests?” Honestly? A police precinct was burned down by peaceful protestors last year. Is that a public building? An institute of authority and government?

What’s wrong is wrong. But literally paying for people to post bail in one instance and holding others without bail in the other is clearly wrong as well. Apply standards equally. It shouldn’t be that hard.
Whatabout all you want. I've already denounced that too.

Whatabout all you want. I've already denounced that too.

Sorry I missed your denouncing. Can you reference a post so I can see how you defended 2.3 million in federal building damages in Portland alone, since those are public buildings that apparently security guards couldn’t defend.

Sorry I missed your denouncing. Can you reference a post so I can see how you defended 2.3 million in federal building damages in Portland alone, since those are public buildings that apparently security guards couldn’t defend.
Do your own homework if you want to try to call me out.

Good lord man you are dumb. Most knew that the attack would never have amounted to anything. The transfer would have went smooth regardless. Liberalism has rotted your brain.

Do your own homework if you want to try to call me out.

Yeah…all I see from you is Twinkie defense and stupid prizes. I guess if that’s what you call “denouncing” then you’ll have to forgive my missing it. I thought I was looking for a congent argument.

Last edited:
Yeah…all I see from you is Twinkie defense and stupid prizes. I guess if that’s what you call “denouncing” then you’ll have to forgive my missing it. I thought I was looking for a congent argument.
You're obviously not going back far enough. If you want to whatabout and ask me to call out a Portland rioter every day, I'm gonna need you to call out a Capitol rioter everyday.

Last edited:
Good lord man you are dumb. Most knew that the attack would never have amounted to anything. The transfer would have went smooth regardless. Liberalism has rotted your brain.
If the objective of the January 6th incursion into the United States Capitol had been the seizure of power from the government, it would be known as a "coup" attempt. A coup attempt is what you are describing. It doesn't meet that definition. It does, however, meet the definition of an "insurrection" perfectly. It involved acts of violence against a government facility for the purpose of disrupting a formal governmental procedure - the certification of the 2020 electoral college vote for president.

You are obviously ignorant of these terms, but you are calling someone else "dumb", for not sharing in your ignorance.

Yeah... Don't all tourists walk around the U.S. Capitol with handcuffs like Eric Munchel and say things like, "Zip ties. I need to get me some of them motherf**kers!" as Munchel is heard saying on video?
Zip ties. The assault handcuffs. Useful for high school pranks and soloing the US government.

You guys really are afraid of your shadows. Pretty sure worse than zip ties has been brought into the Capitol by tourists.

Operating budget in the trillions and 10 million dollars takes us down. You people are being hysterical.

If the objective of the January 6th incursion into the United States Capitol had been the seizure of power from the government, it would be known as a "coup" attempt. A coup attempt is what you are describing. It doesn't meet that definition. It does, however, meet the definition of an "insurrection" perfectly. It involved acts of violence against a government facility for the purpose of disrupting a formal governmental procedure - the certification of the 2020 electoral college vote for president.

You are obviously ignorant of these terms, but you are calling someone else "dumb", for not sharing in your ignorance.
Protests are insurrection. The hysteria continues.

VN Store

Back