Is Pruitt a Dead Man Walking?

No and JG is our Qb according to Pruitt in the post game. I’m not happy about it.

Unless, unless, unless his intention is to send JG out there as a sacrificial lamb for AL to chew on, he's a fracking idiot and should be fired on the spot. Give the reigns to someone else, I'm not a big Tee guy, but surely he would make a better decision than that, let him coach the team. Anyone who would start JG is stupid, and that goes for anyone here or on the radio who says otherwise. You are stupid. Simple.

Unless, unless, unless his intention is to send JG out there as a sacrificial lamb for AL to chew on, he's a fracking idiot and should be fired on the spot. Give the reigns to someone else, I'm not a big Tee guy, but surely he would make a better decision than that, let him coach the team. Anyone who would start JG is stupid, and that goes for anyone here or on the radio who says otherwise. You are stupid. Simple.
I have to revise my post. The transcript of Pruitt’s post game remarks indicates he may be giving HB reps this week and he is noncommittal about the Qb position.

Let HB have all the practice reps this week. Start him against Bama and let him have the team. There is no eligibility lost this year for anyone. HB could be here another 5 years counting a red-shirt. Play as many freshmen as possible and win as many as possible.

I have to revise my post. The transcript of Pruitt’s post game remarks indicates he may be giving HB reps this week and he is noncommittal about the Qb position.

That's what I had read, but I didn't know if you'd seen something else. He's always non committal. He thinks it makes him cool, or whatever. I'm tired of these Sabanites who learn the attitude and demeanor, but not the coaching. I can't stand NS, but I know he'd play the best player that he could, even if it meant that guy may not be better this minute, but knows he's more capable than the other guy in the long run. You see him, and others make those decisions all the time.

I think, as already stated, this year is essentially a mulligan due to COVID and the financial climate. I also think he’s given a free ride for another 2-3 years post-JG. I’d certainly like that to not be the case but I think that CPF truly thinks this is the guy to bring UT back. I think he’s a good stepping stone but you typically know, all things aside, if you’ve got THE GUY by years 2-4. He’s not THE GUY based on his record versus the big 3. I’ve always said that with UT’s recruiting challenges that they’ll need an absolute homerun hire, a proven winner (someone who’s won multiple conf championships with a P5 program) or big name from the NFL. I was part of the Grudenmania, I know I lost some of you with that statement, but a splash name (at the time) like that is what it’s gonna take. I’m not promoting Gruden again (Lord knows I don’t want him now) but we need a BIG name guy that has the resources to put together an all-star staff and kill it from Day 1. The first year may be 7-5/8-4 but after that he’s rolling. That’s what the program needs. Not a Matt Campbell or Mike Houston, while they may be decent names. The biggest problem is going to be is if the administration has a top football program in it’s agenda to pull a big name in. It’s looking more and more like it (UT admin) doesn’t care.

He's done. We're invested for a few more years but he will be gone after year 4 or 5, depending on how stubborn Fulmer wants to be.

Completely ridiculous!

I still have faith and confidence in Fulmer and Pruitt. They will get this fixed. I said it after the Georgia State game last season and I’m saying it now.

Pruitt is our coach, even after a terrible loss, he’s still our coach.

He’s certainly not perfect and made a huge error by continuing to play JG which has cost the Vols chances to win in the last 2 games, but he’s still our coach until he’s not.

Reactions: feathersax
No way. We need a better QB. UGA looked like garbage in their first game due to bad QB play. It shows what a difference your QB can make.

Go with Harrison Bailey soon. The other 3 don’t have it.
We better hope he does because it’s clear the others don’t have it and our coaches don’t seem to be able to teach it too them

GOOD NEWS. DUE TO CORAVIRUS NCAA RULES GUARANTANO HAS ANOTHER YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY, GIVINGTtENNESSEE ANOTHER SEASON HAVING A QUARTERBACK GIVING TENNESSEE BEST CHANCE TO WIN !!!!!!

Just fire Pruitt, let Martin become the interim coach. Then hire Martin as the coach......but make sure to fire him right after he wins the National Championship.....cause the next year will suck.
No no no. Read about his time at USC.

Completely ridiculous!

I still have faith and confidence in Fulmer and Pruitt. They will get this fixed. I said it after the Georgia State game last season and I’m saying it now.

Pruitt is our coach, even after a terrible loss, he’s still our coach.

He’s certainly not perfect and made a huge error by continuing to play JG which has cost the Vols chances to win in the last 2 games, but he’s still our coach until he’s not.

What on earth makes you think Pruitt and Fulmer can get this fixed? Is there anything in eithers past that show an ability to fix this mess?

Pruitt does not have what it takes to win in this conference. He’s a good guy, a decent recruiter, but ultimately he is not able to put a decent team on the field. We could blame COVID for a cruddy year, but the basic mistakes we are seeing over and over again, the lack of discipline, poor game plan/play calling, and inability to develop players is all coaching.
Apparently Covid hit Knoxville earlier than anywhere else in the world because in August of 2019 we didnt accomplish much in practice either...too bad the staff didnt realize they were the epicenter of a coming pandemic. They could have worn that excuse out even earlier

Y’all are dumb.. calling for pruitts job lol
he has developed better than anyone in the last 10 years. We just need Jarret gone.
The fact that he can’t make the call is what I have an issue with

Reactions: gunner

VN Store

Back