Is our schedule for 2022 about to get scrapped?

Texas and Oklahoma will not join and compete in the SEC until 2025. Our schedules for 2022-2024 will not be impacted.

Might happen earlier, but I doubt it. Some really strange things would probably need to happen. Oh yeah. Strange things happen every day.

Reactions: HEAD-VOL
Well, since the committee is hell bent on making sure Cincinnati gets in this year the SEC needs to consider dropping down to only one or two actual league games and have everyone play 10 lightweights (like Cincinnati’s schedule)…we could have 6-8 undefeated co-champions and get them all in the new expanded playoff…

They play who they are supposed to play. Stop blaming aG5 school for having a weak schedule. You really think tons of P5 schools are knocking down their door to play them?

You’re smarter than that. Right?

In theory we are catching Florida and LSU at a good time, transfer portal could hurt both of them badly. Having both Florida and Kentucky at home really helps. We really need to beat Pittsburgh to start the year off strong. Without Pickett, and a bunch of senior contributors, I imagine they'll have a big drop-off. I don't see Missouri, USCe, or Vandy challenging us at all really. If we are going into the Bama game at 5-0, that is going to be a crazy game.

I hope so. Two SEC teams on our schedule have Coaching Turnover which bodes well for us…. With that schedule we could go 5-0 heading into the Alabama game.
(emphasis mine)
Ah....Not to put too fine of a point on it but I imagine that's what South Carolina and Missouri both said coming into their games with Tennessee.

(emphasis mine)
Ah....Not to put too fine of a point on it but I imagine that's what South Carolina and Missouri both said coming into their games with Tennessee.
South Carolina and Missouri but had 1st year coaches like we had…. We now will have a 2nd year coach who has beat both of those teams handedly…. Who will be playing two 1st year coaches. It isn’t the same.

(emphasis mine)

True…I’ve never seen a team fail to show up as bad as Missouri did when we played them this year. We played really well but those guys played like they had partied for three days straight. I think we’re a better team but we’re not significantly better to the point of being unbeatable. And South Carolina improved over the season - they will play us tough next year.
Until we can recruit elite talent at all positions we just aren’t going to be able to take anyone for granted. IMO

They play who they are supposed to play. Stop blaming aG5 school for having a weak schedule. You really think tons of P5 schools are knocking down their door to play them?

You’re smarter than that. Right?
Who should we blame? The fact remains a weak schedule is just that. G5 football isn’t as good as a SEC schedule

I don't believe schedules can be canceled and redone that quickly. Would be a logistical nightmare. I think 2023 is the soonest it can be done and that would be a lot of work.

If Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC before 2025, and I believe that they will, one of the buy games will be scrapped each year to make way for a 9-game conference slate. No way does Tennessee just not play Pittsburgh next fall or travel out to Provo the year after.

I see 10 realistic wins here.

LSU is down and FL will be down too.

This could be our break out year!

It doesn't matter if UF is "down" or not. They were "down" this year and still kicked our teeth in.

Who should we blame? The fact remains a weak schedule is just that. G5 football isn’t as good as a SEC schedule
Then the P5 schools should break away and form their own league. Until then, the “ Big Boys” should nut up and play the good G4 teams a home/home.

Then the P5 schools should break away and form their own league. Until then, the “ Big Boys” should nut up and play the good G4 teams a home/home.
Why? Should UT also play Carson Newman home and away? The G5 schools don’t deserve anything.

Why? Should UT also play Carson Newman home and away? The G5 schools don’t deserve anything.
There, you just showed your ignorance. Never said anything about a lower division. G5 and P5 are the SAME division of football. Not the same class, but same division. Most P5 schools are too big a wusses to break away from the NCAA and form a “Division” of 65 or so teams, because they would NEVER win 6 games......Break away or play Cincinnati a home and home.

There, you just showed your ignorance. Never said anything about a lower division. G5 and P5 are the SAME division of football. Not the same class, but same division. Most P5 schools are too big a wusses to break away from the NCAA and form a “Division” of 65 or so teams, because they would NEVER win 6 games......Break away or play Cincinnati a home and home.
But why should we or any other actual program? We earned our tradition, our fan base, our facilities our money etc. what has Cincy or Boise or Liberty ever done to deserve what we have? Nothing. There is a reason they are midmajors

But why should we or any other actual program? We earned our tradition, our fan base, our facilities our money etc. what has Cincy or Boise or Liberty ever done to deserve what we have? Nothing. There is a reason they are midmajors

What? Do you have a house in the Hamptons that you inherited? Are you that entitled.
UT, FSU, and Nebraska “ earned” their status, but also have flushed it away. Cincinnati and Boise would have a better than 50% chance of beating the three schools I mentioned on the road for the last decade.

What? Do you have a house in the Hamptons that you inherited? Are you that entitled.
UT, FSU, and Nebraska “ earned” their status, but also have flushed it away. Cincinnati and Boise would have a better than 50% chance of beating the three schools I mentioned on the road for the last decade.
No they wouldn’t. Boise can’t even beat mediocre MWC teams. If Boise or cincy played UT’s schedule they would win 2-3 games. We haven’t flushed away anything. We would beat either team by 40 this year. Lol I always laugh at how people think G5 teams are something special when they never win anything that matters and they can’t even draw 30k to a game

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
No they wouldn’t. Boise can’t even beat mediocre MWC teams. If Boise or cincy played UT’s schedule they would win 2-3 games. We haven’t flushed away anything. We would beat either team by 40 this year. Lol I always laugh at how people think G5 teams are something special when they never win anything that matters and they can’t even draw 30k to a game
Again... the uncanny ability to put words in my mouth. Never said special.
You continue with your self-entitled attitude, and it’s hard for me to admit, but UT, and many others would be sitting at home without playing G5 teams (at home).
Get yourself a committee and have all the P5 schools agree to only play each other to determine a real champion. Let the G5 schools do their own thing. I’m fine with it. But until then, have some balls and play them a home/home series.
And your argument about beating them by 40? Look back at some of our beloved Vols loses the last decade......really want to make that bet .....today?

VN Store

Back