Is one of our Assistant coaches leaving?

I wish you the best and if you’re the right man for the job, I have no doubts you’ll get it.

It doesn't intimidate me, NoBackBoard

I know that's hard to believe, but, I really have no fear of that level, bc, I have gotten players to that level and could definitely improve the players that are already there. My coach-work ethic is unparalleled....But, we all know this is just fodder for thought, Coach K has already shown me that she will not consider such a possibility, I have been discussed in team meetings already.

If for nothing more than that he deserves a serious interview if in fact there is a vacancy.
200w.gif

It's not going to happen, he knows that so it is fruitless to go down that path.

I expect he's burned way to many bridges to even have a chance.

You can bet there are professional resources at Kellies disposal should she need help. If there is a coaching search, Kellie will have a considerable list from which to choose a qualified and experienced coach and I can assure you the person selected will not have publicly shamed her or negatively criticized her coaching ability so they could look good in front of her fan base in this forum.

200.gif

Besides, this will happen to Darth if he does get an interview.

200w.gif

....so that is one positive he has going for him.

Well as the saying goes: it’s not what you know but who you know (or who knows you).

The players know me, the parents know me, the recruits know me,,,Coach Fulmer knew of me,,,the only one that doesn't know me is coach K...We've only met very briefly,,,no words, just how-do-you-do's

200w.gif

It's not going to happen, he knows that so it is fruitless to go down that path.

I expect he's burned way to many bridges to even have a chance.

You can bet there are professional resources at Kellies disposal should she need help. If there is a coaching search, Kellie will have a considerable list from which to choose a qualified and experienced coach and I can assure you the person selected will not have publicly shamed her or negatively criticized her coaching ability so they could look good in front of her fan base in this forum.

200.gif

Besides, this will happen to Darth if he does get an interview.

200w.gif

....so that is one positive he has going for him.

you sound scared it could happen...and at least I have the cochungas to tell coach K things others don't seem to have the nerve to say....thanks for pointing that out

Fan,,,you obviously haven't kept up, NoBack...I am a coach of 39 years, a skills coach and very good on the road with recruits and their families,

Pay attention
Coach J, seriously, 39 years and you've never coached a college team of any level.
And as far as I know, you've never coached a high school team. Only girls AAU teams in the 13-14 year old range.
If you were hiring an assistant coach for a top 20, division 1 team, and you were given a resume with similar qualifications, what would you do ?

Coach J, seriously, 39 years and you've never coached a college team of any level.
And as far as I know, you've never coached a high school team. Only girls AAU teams in the 13-14 year old range.
If you were hiring an assistant coach for a top 20, division 1 team, and you were given a resume with similar qualifications, what would you do ?

You know so little about me, nj if this is all that you think i have done.

I've just never had the chance to pursue my calling nj.
there are tons of people like me who never got a shot at what they should have been doing all along.
What would I do, if I had a coach as visible and determined as I have been in this quest, I'd put them on the floor and see what they've got...Coach K doesn't have to commit, but she should take a look.
I have stood on the platform saying I can coach with the big dogs...Test my bark.

If you were in a position to make the decision on who to hire, and you did give them (applicants without similar experience) a shot, your job wouldn't last long.
Do you have any idea how many resumes are collected when a job opening for a coach becomes available ? If it was known that an applicant without previous experience of coaching on that level would be considered, there would be hundreds, if not thousands, of resumes sitting on your desk. And you're going to give them all a tryout ?
Use a little common sense.

I'm sure, if someone leaves, Kellie will hire a highly qualified coach that she is comfortable with and is more than capable of contributing immediately. It will likely be a coach or ex-player she has worked with or coached in the past, one that knows her system and will be a complementary addition to those that remain.

guys, I am not living in a rose-tinted world....Hiring someone like myself would bury Coach K.

All I have ever wanted or asked for is a look. Several players, each year, including this year approach me as a summer coach option. That is the opportunity I ask for...To go from where I am to walking the sidelines with the staff, though it does not intimidate me in the least, would be professional suicide for the coach....But to give me the opportunity to show I can improve a player who has asked for me, is quite another thing.

This is all I ask for.
  • I can give Tamari a much better inside game, Sky-hook, reverse pivot fade away
  • I can give JH a midrange game
  • I can make Rae more effective by teaching her how to look for contact and use it to aid in her attacks
  • I can brings drills that soften those "frying pan hands" for catching passes
  • I can help all of them to make more of those missed bunnies
  • I bring shooting drills to the table that no coach has in the repertoire bc they are developed by me, such as "bang bang" a drill where the players can shoot as much as a "shot a second" at game speed and no shots from within the paint....Speed drills, accuracy drills, timed drills, etc
  • I can aid in efficiency in lateral movement and defensive techniques
No, I'm not going to go immediately from here to TBS' floor,,,not in this lifetime.
I mean,,,seriously !.?

There is nothing to miss out on. A discussion is underway and opinions provided. I just can't see any way you could be involved. You want a look. I say that look has already occurred. Looks can be done by anyone at anytime. Surely you know this. Kellie and staff have people who do things for them. I can assure you anyone trying to be involved with the team will be looked at for threats to safety and team harmony. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themself.

Reactions: glv98
you sound scared it could happen...and at least I have the cochungas to tell coach K things others don't seem to have the nerve to say....thanks for pointing that out

Since you've gone back and changed your post, I'll add this.

Size doesn't matter in your example. No one is going to force themself onto the coaching staff or into an official position. Just not going to happen and it's mind-boggling anyone would think they can.

Because you forced yourself into the lives of past players and families, while I have no inside information, IMHO there is not a world in this galaxy where a coaching staff would not have evaluated your contributions to determine if you provided anything special and to ensure the team is not threatened. I think if you could have provided anything they needed, you would have got a call.

You are certainly local (now), apparently desperate, and will probably come real cheap because of your resume. I just don't see it happening at Tennessee.

Maybe you should consider trying to get a real coaching job then, after building a successful track record, you could work yourself up to a college coaching position if that is what you want. If you have the time and financial security, it's a path that has a future.

VN Store

Back