is Maurer hurt?

So do I hope he is ok very much, first just for him, second we don't win but maybe and I say maybe 1 game with jg at qb. With a healthy Maurer we can make a bowl. Anyone who can't see the whole team plays better with Maurer as the starter just must not be watching the game. Maurer gives us a chance to win, jg no chance as his record has shown. And you do know jg was 1 for 5 passing against Ga. ? right and failed to score on 1st and goal from the 5
Lol yeah the whole team hates tano. Get over it tano won the game for UT today be happy

Reactions: cgrish
Got to put a little blame on receiver for second INT. Should have come back to the ball and broke it up.

You don't throw the ball from the sideline across the field unless you have a guy wide open. That wasn't the case here. There was a WR down the sideline just past the first down marker that Maurer should have tried to hit. Put the ball where only the WR can make a play on it so it's either a catch or an on completion.

Lol yeah the whole team hates tano. Get over it tano won the game for UT today be happy
I would not say he won the game. He did manage it somewhat. If Tennessee was playing tougher competition he probably would have gotten beat. Still saw a lot of the little short passes behind the sticks. The offense just totally stalled in every Drive except for the last one. He did come through in the clutch though so I will give him credit for that. But I would not say he came in and saved the Day

Mauer needs to understand he is a QB, not a running back. Its great to see him make the defense respect his running ability but you don't run the ball this way in the SEC. I noticed on his first run, instead of going down after making the first down, he did a 360 to gain 3 more yards. Run of course but run like a QB, learn to slide and avoid the contact.

Reactions: Tnslim1 and Vol524
You don't throw the ball from the sideline across the field unless you have a guy wide open. That wasn't the case here. There was a WR down the sideline just past the first down marker that Maurer should have tried to hit. Put the ball where only the WR can make a play on it so it's either a catch or an on completion.
All of that is true but the receiver has to turn into a defender in that case.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
To bad for you. Go play tiddly winks with the old men in the park.

And you think JT would have played worse. JG did nothing on that one play, #10 did it all. JG threw a football 7 yards away which was low. And that you know what tiddly-winks means just shows you are the old man.

And you think JT would have played worse. JG did nothing on that one play, #10 did it all. JG threw a football 7 yards away which was low. And that you know what tiddly-winks means just shows you are the old man.

I love how you can see QBs like Tua and Lawrence make throws like that and they get tons of credit. JG does it and its nothing.

?? He threw it right to the breadbasket and backside where it needed to be, since the play was designed to seal the edge and go sideline.

No, his bad decision didn't cost us the game. JT over JG all day, easy decision.

An assertion with no basis, since Shrout is #3 on the chart.
It wasn't a bad decision but rather the right decision to win *that* game.

You know, sometimes the young just need ri use their brain before typing on their phone or keyboard. You guys don't care what happens, just want to spread your venom. The main thing is you are to immature to be happy with a win. My condolences.

He won BECAUSE of the playcalling. No reason to sling it 40 times with a suspect QB when you can play it close to the vest and win comfortably.

You're right that you can't win a lot of times that way, but when the other team can't score, why do anything to help them out?
Gotta disagree there. We were up 3 in the 4th quarter after dominating all game. That isn't a good thing.

Entirely different conversation if we don't put that great final drive together.

Obviously can't fault them in Hindsight. But the final drive before the half and every subsequent possession before the last one was just awful IMO.

Irrelevant bringing up Tua, JT over JG all day.

No its not. Virtually every QB in the country throws passes like JG did. I have seen Tua do it and the WR bolt for a TD. Just like JG to Byrd. So whats wrong with that? I have seen Brady, Manning and Rodgers throw the same type of pass.

You know, sometimes the young just need ri use their brain before typing on their phone or keyboard. You guys don't care what happens, just want to spread your venom. The main thing is you are to immature to be happy with a win. My condolences.

You first sentence was unreadable. And if I get your third sentence right, now I am not old, but young? Sorry old man.

I love how you can see QBs like Tua and Lawrence make throws like that and they get tons of credit. JG does it and its nothing.
If those were a vast majority of their throws like the QB who shall not be named, neither would be QB where they are now.

VN Store

Back