Is Matt Canada an option?

I do not mind waiting a couple of years to install his system but can JP survive until MC could build that kind of offense? If he takes the job he would have to coach to what he has to work with and the UT offense will have to be very basic. The rumor mill says JP has in mind someone "who is a creative play-caller" IMO he will have to develop what he has to be competitive doing what they are capable of doing. MC can do that but is he willing to put his future on the line doing something like that and will our fans Shoop him? How long would MC be willing to stay here his numbers will not be something to propel him into another HC gig in the short run. He will be teaching and building for 3-4 yrs down the road.

I do not mind waiting a couple of years to install his system but can JP survive until MC could build that kind of offense? If he takes the job he would have to coach to what he has to work with and the UT offense will have to be very basic. The rumor mill says JP has in mind someone "who is a creative play-caller" IMO he will have to develop what he has to be competitive doing what they are capable of doing. MC can do that but is he willing to put his future on the line doing something like that and will our fans Shoop him? How long would MC be willing to stay here his numbers will not be something to propel him into another HC gig in the short run. He will be teaching and building for 3-4 yrs down the road.
Maybe within the first year he could teach the receivers where the sticks are. 3 yard pass on 3rd and 6 ain’t cutting it.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Canada would be great, Freeze great, Enos great, Kitchens great, blah blah blah... there are probably 10 guys out there who would be creative and improve play calling but it just isn’t the WE ARE TENNESSEE way. We are going to find guy #11 who will reinstall 2 runs up the middle for -4 yards, followed by 20 yard behind the LOS sideline pass good for2 yards and punt.

Call me crazy, but Matt Canada would be a home run hire at this point

Canada would be great, Freeze great, Enos great, Kitchens great, blah blah blah... there are probably 10 guys out there who would be creative and improve play calling but it just isn’t the WE ARE TENNESSEE way. We are going to find guy #11 who will reinstall 2 runs up the middle for -4 yards, followed by 20 yard behind the LOS sideline pass good for2 yards and punt.

I say we bring back the single wing and call it a day! Johnny knows the system - maybe we could get Mallon Faircloth or Hal Wantland to come back and help out. Too bad Cafego and McEvers are gone they'd be great too.

My source tells me that if Matt Canada is not available, Ron Mexico will take the job.

:rolleyes:
giphy.gif

Reactions: MadWorld

VN Store

Back