Is Ky really playing that well lately?

Kentucky annihilated USCe, Vandy, and Miss St, beat KU by 8 and beat Florida by 11, outscoring them by 22 in the 2nd half.

They have done exactly what they are supposed to do. Their 6 game resume looks better than ours, and they are 6-0. We struggled vs Bama and Vandy (a team UK beat by 35). No one is beating us up over that. Wins are wins in the SEC.

And Cal isn't nearly the worst floor coach in the game.

Judging by your handle, I'm guessing you are letting your KY hate cloud your better judgement on this one. They will give us all we want in Rupp. And if they somehow don't, I'll be completely shocked.

Everyone is giving us their best game, we are ranked number one it comes with the territory. Vandy's team had given up by the time they played kentucjy.

Also, and this might not matter at all, I’m a bit agitated that we suddenly play on a Wednesday before the Kentucky game. Gives them one more day to rest and prep, and they already have the home court advantage. They also have one more day off before we play them in Knoxville

Wednesday/Saturday is the same number of days between as a Saturday/Tuesday game. I never understand the argument. We played them on Tuesday after a Saturday game last year.

Wednesday/Saturday is the same number of days between as a Saturday/Tuesday game. I never understand the argument. We played them on Tuesday after a Saturday game last year.
Sure, but the point is that they have one more day than us since they play on a Tuesday before the two of us play. If we both played on Wednesday, I wouldn’t mind

I am wondering why UK is the only team UT plays twice in the 2nd half of the schedule. The matchup is quite different from what it would have been in early January.

I am wondering why UK is the only team UT plays twice in the 2nd half of the schedule. The matchup is quite different from what it would have been in early January.

Luck of the draw. Played Mizzou twice in the first half (UK played Vandy twice), and both get each other in the 2nd.

Everyone is giving us their best game, we are ranked number one it comes with the territory. Vandy's team had given up by the time they played kentucjy.
I have a hard time believing Vandy had any less difficult time getting up for the #7 team in their own house than they did the #1 team, nor do I believe that their spirit was any less crushed playing us at 9-9 than they were playing UK at 9-10 just a week later.

If anything, playing Tennessee so close should have generated a bit of confidence.

Makes me chuckle. Meet every game against Kentucky, even in down years.

Yes, OFC Kentucky is playing well.

Watched most of their game at Miss State today. They were up 18 early in 2nd half and the Bulldogs made a great run and cut it to 1. The key IMO is rebounding. If we can hold our own on the boards then we can beat them.

Watched most of their game at Miss State today. They were up 18 early in 2nd half and the Bulldogs made a great run and cut it to 1. The key IMO is rebounding. If we can hold our own on the boards then we can beat them.
Well, we gave up 16 ORebs today and got outrebounded overall by 3 to an undersized UF team. Not a good prelude to a matchup against one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country.

Well, we gave up 16 ORebs today and got outrebounded overall by 3 to an undersized UF team. Not a good prelude to a matchup against one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country.
A few of the offensive rebounds were on long misses by FL on 3 point shots, but no question the Vols are going to need to focus on rebounds in both KY games.

A few of the offensive rebounds were on long misses by FL on 3 point shots, but no question the Vols are going to need to focus on rebounds in both KY games.
True, but Florida guards managed to get those long boards instead of our guards. It isn't a problem isolated to today's game. It's my biggest concern heading into UK, and has been for weeks.

VN Store

Back