Is Kentucky a must win game?

Yep if Heupel only beats Vandy, South Carolina and Mizzou well that’s the same teams that Cornbread beat last year and got canned.
Add those three to three cupcakes and bama boy takes us to a bowl.
Bowl game, bowl game , bowl game.
Other than extra practice, bowls that take 6 win teams mean nothing.

I think it is pretty important and if we win it I think it will be the icing on the cake. Aesthetically I just think 7-5 looks lot better than 6-6.

Circumstances are never the same.
Expectation is a winning SEC record.

Circumstances are never the same is correct. Heupel is going through the worst situation a TN HC has ever faced. So if we lose to UK, I assume that will give you ammo for Heupel isn’t the guy in year 1?

Kentucky is much better than Mizzou and South Carolina this year we will be lucky to win this game. I’ve also noticed while they play fairly conservative and vanilla Kentucky doesn’t seem to beat themselves a sure sign of a well coached team. A loss won’t have us trending well in our series with them either that would be 3 losses to them since 2017 and back to back losses I can’t recall the last time that happened along with 4 losses to them since 2011. We need to win this game.
Please Chattanooga had them beat. They are overrated as hell

Kentucky is much better than Mizzou and South Carolina this year we will be lucky to win this game. I’ve also noticed while they play fairly conservative and vanilla Kentucky doesn’t seem to beat themselves a sure sign of a well coached team. A loss won’t have us trending well in our series with them either that would be 3 losses to them since 2017 and back to back losses I can’t recall the last time that happened along with 4 losses to them since 2011. We need to win this game.

Really? How are they much better than SC? They beat SC 16-10. UTC had them beat and they needed a miracle to win. They barely beat a terrible Missouri team by 7. What are you seeing that makes you believe they are MUCH better than SC and Missouri?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Really? How are they much better than SC? They beat SC 16-10. UTC had them beat and they needed a miracle to win. They barely beat a terrible Missouri team by 7. What are you seeing that makes you believe they are MUCH better than SC and Missouri?
Better coach than those two teams better on the lines of scrimmage.They got a QB who can throw and scramble some enough to give us problems. They actually beat Florida something we can’t do under any circumstance. Do I think we can win yea we can but it won’t be easy we won’t blow them out if we do. You can’t always look at the margin of defeat when assessing a opponent in comparison to your win. The bye week comes at a good time for us.

Circumstances are never the same is correct. Heupel is going through the worst situation a TN HC has ever faced. So if we lose to UK, I assume that will give you ammo for Heupel isn’t the guy in year 1?
For me , he gets 3 years like all the rest. Sooner if recruiting stinks, assistant coaches start bailing, or the team quits. Given Tennessee's resources a winning SEC record in 3 or 4 years is not unreasonable.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Better coach than those two teams better on the lines of scrimmage.They got a QB who can throw and scramble some enough to give us problems. They actually beat Florida something we can’t do under any circumstance. Do I think we can win yea we can but it won’t be easy we won’t blow them out if we do. You can’t always look at the margin of defeat when assessing a opponent in comparison to your win. The bye week comes at a good time for us.

If they were so much better on the lines of scrimmage, how come they couldn’t dominate SC and Missouri? We did easily. Levis isn’t very good. The stats prove that. The Florida win means nothing. In 2018, UK went 10-3. Their best season in forever. Yet we dominated them.

You can use the margin of defeat when comparing the same opponents.

For me , he gets 3 years like all the rest. Sooner if recruiting stinks, assistant coaches start bailing, or the team quits. Given Tennessee's resources a winning SEC record in 3 or 4 years is not unreasonable.

That’s fair. Although this years recruiting class is not going to be good. I don’t see how you could hold that against Heupel. Now, in year 3? Yeah you are right. It’s time to start seeing some wins.

That’s fair. Although this years recruiting class is not going to be good. I don’t see how you could hold that against Heupel. Now, in year 3? Yeah you are right. It’s time to start seeing some wins.
Last year's class was his year zero.
He has complete responsibility for this year. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program.

I’m afraid the same issues we had at bama and against OM will keep us from winning at KY. Our inability to stop the QB scramble is killing us this season On defense.

Yes. It’s the denial game for UT. In the last 10 years, Kentucky is a bigger rival to us than Florida, Georgia or Alabama. I hate it, you hate it but it’s about the only one we have left.

I’m afraid the same issues we had at bama and against OM will keep us from winning at KY. Our inability to stop the QB scramble is killing us this season On defense.

Lol. Levis isn’t in the same stratosphere as Corral and Young. Just stop. Some of you are acting like he is. Levis has concrete boots compared to those guys.

Yes. It’s the denial game for UT. In the last 10 years, Kentucky is a bigger rival to us than Florida, Georgia or Alabama. I hate it, you hate it but it’s about the only one we have left.

Lol. So over the past 10 years we are 8-2 against UK. How is that a rivalry?

Reactions: Walkman

VN Store

Back