Is Kentucky a must win game?

Kentucky and Vanderbilt are two games I will always consider "must win". We should be better than both programs. Always.

Reactions: feathersax
Kentucky and Vanderbilt are two games I will always consider "must win". We should be better than both programs. Always.
Both schools were charter members of the Southeastern Conference when it was established in 1932. Since that season, Tennessee has a 53–14–3 record against Kentucky, including a streak of 26 straight victories from 1985 to 2010, which is one of the longest such streaks in NCAA history.
Beating the KY Mildcats is what we should always DO. :cool:

If we were to lose to Kentucky, then at the end of the season the storyline is pretty much that Heupel somehow managed to come in a week and a half before signing day, in the middle of I think it was 35 players transferring out since the start of Pruitt’s last season, and turn us back into a team. One that matched Pruitt’s third year performance in Heupel’s first. Beat Kentucky and Heupel’s restoration job in year one is even more remarkable. For me the Kentucky game is basically the difference between meeting and exceeding every reasonable expectation.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
We’re gonna beat Kentucky . We’re a better football team than they are. So yes. Anytime you’re the better team, it’s always a a must win.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
We’re gonna beat Kentucky . We’re a better football team than they are. So yes. Anytime you’re the better team, it’s always a a must win.
Man we just do not have depth to claim we are a better team than any quality opponent.
Can UT win the game, I think it's possible but UT will need to play a near perfect game and force KY into mistakes.
We'll be fortunate to leave Lexington with a win.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Man we just do not have depth to claim we are a better team than any quality opponent.
Can UT win the game, I think it's possible but UT will need to play a near perfect game and force KY into mistakes.
We'll be fortunate to leave Lexington with a win.
Alright, that’s fair. I think our 1’s are better than theirs. Looking at their wins, I’m trying to figure out which one is the most impressive. Yeah they beat a team that beat us, but Florida played a terrible game against them and LSU played with zero heart. The other wins don’t look all that impressive on paper. I think we really needed this bye week to rest up and then to really be ready to roll when we get to Lexington. From a fans perspective I’m going into this game feeling very good.

Reactions: Zues1
Is Kentucky a must win game? We surely don’t want to lose four in a row. Would be huge to get a win over a Top 15 team and would probably mean a 7 win season.
IMO no. KY is playing great and could go 11-1 this year. If we do win, I will be ecstatic (if that's how you spell it)! If we win this game on the road, we are over achieving IMO...

If we were to lose to Kentucky, then at the end of the season the storyline is pretty much that Heupel somehow managed to come in a week and a half before signing day, in the middle of I think it was 35 players transferring out since the start of Pruitt’s last season, and turn us back into a team. One that matched Pruitt’s third year performance in Heupel’s first. Beat Kentucky and Heupel’s restoration job in year one is even more remarkable. For me the Kentucky game is basically the difference between meeting and exceeding every reasonable expectation.

Exactly. So is UK a must win? Only to some fans.

IMO no. KY is playing great and could go 11-1 this year. If we do win, I will be ecstatic (if that's how you spell it)! If we win this game on the road, we are over achieving IMO...

How is UK playing great? Because they beat UF and LSU? Have you looked at their games against UTC, SC and Missouri? And compare our games against SC and Missouri?

VN Store

Back