Is it true that Butch told Trevor Lawrence he didn’t fit in his system

Even if he didn't tell him that face to face, he basically told him that by the offense we put on the field. Outside of Dobbs' athleticism and determination, there was not much else about our offense those last couple Butch-led seasons that would have instilled faith in me (if I was Trevor) that I would be successful in that scheme.

Reactions: alavolfan
Not to many long haired brick layers out there, so yeah, he told him that!

Yes.

Trevor has always been high on Tennessee, pretty much worshipped Peyton Manning growing up.

He was gift wrapped to play for Tennessee until Butch decided he didn’t fit his offense and told him that he wouldn’t play a down in the SEC.

Butch went after Emory Jones instead and didn’t land him either.

Two faced individual who bought into his own hype.

Out of all the things that Butch did to our program due to ineptness this is the most Bush league move ever. I just don't know for the life of me what would possess a PROFESSIONAL coach to be enthused about taking the picture after curb stomping those players you recruited and LET DOWN. WTF?

I think it is true Butch favored Justin Fields and Emory Jones over Trevor. Who needs a generational talent and what was considered the best QB prospect to come out in the modern recruiting industry? 🙃
Well heard over and over , on hear and everywhere: You have to have a QB like Johnny football, or Texans/Clemson former that I can think of his name (getting old) to beat Bama! Myth Busted
Lawrence can run but he didn’t have to last night. Beat Bama purely from throwing the ball

Of course he didnt fit. Butchs system needed an extremely mobile QB to work. If Lawrence would have committed, he likely wouldnt be anywhere near as good as he is looking now. Clemson has much, much better talent that has been deeloped at a high level. Our OL would have gotten him hurt more than likely.

VN Store

Back