Is it time to drop the extra federal unemployment money?

I'm all for ending any govt expenditure but are that many people really staying home for an extra $300? That could easily be surpassed with many of the open positions

I'm all for ending any govt expenditure but are that many people really staying home for an extra $300? That could easily be surpassed with many of the open positions

In TN that would be a total of $575 per week tax free so I’m sure for $14.38 an hour tax free we do have people choosing not to work.

In TN that would be a total of $575 per week tax free so I’m sure for $14.38 an hour tax free we do have people choosing not to work.

Unless you're eating top ramen and living in an airstream, that's not really a living wage.

A lot of employers are learning the score right now.

I've got one employee doing his best to get fired. He's a $12/hr guy so he'll get a raise. His only skill is using a broom and despite my efforts to expand his skillset he continues to resist. He was very disrespectful to me when I gave him a task that literally a 12 year old could do and he called over a $25/hr guy to help him when I called him out on it. I brought him in and told him if he did it again I wouldn't lay him off but would 100% fire him for insubordination. We'll see how that turns out. It's my understanding that you just about have to commit homicide before they'll turn you down for unemployment though so he probably knows this.

Unless you're eating top ramen and living in an airstream, that's not really a living wage.

A lot of employers are learning the score right now.
You’re not living in an airstream if you’re trying to claim they don’t have any real money. A livable airstream costs more than a small house.

And the answer to the question is yes. Get their asses back to work.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
I've got one employee doing his best to get fired. He's a $12/hr guy so he'll get a raise. His only skill is using a broom and despite my efforts to expand his skillset he continues to resist. He was very disrespectful to me when I gave him a task that literally a 12 year old could do and he called over a $25/hr guy to help him when I called him out on it. I brought him in and told him if he did it again I wouldn't lay him off but would 100% fire him for insubordination. We'll see how that turns out. It's my understanding that you just about have to commit homicide before they'll turn you down for unemployment though so he probably knows this.
As long as you document every infraction you can be pretty creative with long suspensions.

Document, document, document. Haven’t had one fired employee draw unemployment because of documentation. Hope it works out well for you.

Yes. Its getting bad, especially in restaurants. A Dunkin Doughnuts opened up near me and they can't stay open past 6pm because they don't have staff. Some restaurants aren't even opening on some days.

We hired a woman who decided the day before her starting date that she was going to "take some time off of working for a while and travel." Blew my mind.

You’re not living in an airstream if you’re trying to claim they don’t have any real money. A livable airstream costs more than a small house.

And the answer to the question is yes. Get their asses back to work.

I suppose I should have been more specific and said renting an airstream.

I think the UI boost needs to end but it's been nice watching owners and managers actually having to work the **** jobs they pay **** wages to do. As someone in administrative roles for the past few years who has never been one to shy away from dirty work, it's been grand seeing some folks humbled in the past few months.

Yep. The phrase itself is BS. We have one minimum wage for all and I’m still trying to understand why a high school kid needs a living wage.
A lot of HS kids aren't fortunate and work to keep the lights on and a roof over their heads while mommy and daddy are drinking/doing drugs collecting a government check.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back