Is it the QB or is it the wide receivers?

It's both at this point. QB and WRs need game time to develop timing and touch. At least 2 missed passes in this game would have been caught by previous receivers.

When the pass is exactly 20 yards too far every time, maybe the wide receivers are just too slow?

Seriously, there are defensive linemen who could connect more often. It just seems like a guy would say "Dang, I threw it too far the last 3 times...I'm gonna not throw it so far next time and see how it goes". The upside is there is no possibility of interception.

I bet these dudes were fantastic in Punt, Pass and Kick when they were little ones though.

UT Football is done. Even Payton ain't trying to help.

First: if you throw the ball too far, then it is on you, not the receiver.

Second: If a receiver is too slow, it's not his fault. The fault lies with you not being able to hit him and don't look for an open man.

Third: It's your fault. Learn to pass the ball. Not just throw it. Slow or fast you should be able to pass a receiver open or find another target.

Calloway seems to have the most upside. Not sure about Merrill yet. Jones is good. Tillman fair right now. Like to see what Holiday has to offer. TE's have good hands and may be a weapon against UF. Hyatt dropping passes plus injury.

Agreed, especially re: Calloway. Supposedly Coby is going to be good in time too. I mean, the pieces are there to be much better than we have been.

VN Store

Back