Is It Really Holly's Fault

Whose fault would it be if not the head coach. She is totally responsible for any and all player performances and play on the court. If were not going to blame her then I guess she can coach at Tennessee forever.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Holly can't even get players to work on foul shots. We win yesterday if they would have shot a half decent percentage. Watching KK miss all of those foul shots was agonizingly predictable. I would bet she works about ZERO time improving that part of her game.

She should have at least learned a little about discipline. Pat’s teams were disciplined and if they got out of line they sat with her on the bench. But anyway I think your last statement is the correct one. Time for her to go!!

I think you can clearly see the difference when watching both the men's and women's teams. Rick Barnes demands excellence and improvement while also providing solutions and direction, Holly seems to throw tantrums and her hands up when the team is under performing. Men's team equals 3 stars playing like 5 stars, women's team equals 5 stars playing like 3 stars.

I watched some of the game and I must say. That is the laziest, most disorganized and uninspired team I’ve ever seen. No hustle or effort. They all look like they are trying to look good on camera. That’s 100% on Holly. Time for her to go.

Holly can't even get players to work on foul shots. We win yesterday if they would have shot a half decent percentage. Watching KK miss all of those foul shots was agonizingly predictable. I would bet she works about ZERO time improving that part of her game.

You've heard it over and over,,"500 reps..500 foul shots a week.
But
Are they 500 watched, instructed, corrected foulshots or just reps.

Shot veers left or right = mechanics
Shot is short or long - muscle memory, no focal entry point (Fist over rim or back inverted triangle-loop) or it is focus

I can help with foul shots...It's what I do.
I can be there tomorrow

You've heard it over and over,,"500 reps..500 foul shots a week.
But
Are they 500 watched, instructed, corrected foulshots or just reps.

Shot veers left or right = mechanics
Shot is short or long - muscle memory, no focal entry point (Fist over rim or back inverted triangle-loop) or it is focus

I can help with foul shots...It's what I do.
I can be there tomorrow

Jumper son, you talk a good/great game.....Get your butt over to UT and tell someone in the athletic department you can help....If you are all that you say you are, take action son...

Jumper son, you talk a good/great game.....Get your butt over to UT and tell someone in the athletic department you can help....If you are all that you say you are, take action son...

You don't call them, they call you.
They have my number.

They monitor these pages

I'm ready

Holly will keep UT in the top 15 as long as she is here. She seems to recruit very well. But she will never bring home a national championship. If she is fired, there is always the chance we get someone worse.. I don't want UT to fire Holly without a good game plan with a pretty clear direction on who they will replace her with.

She needs to go while we still have a team littered with McDonald all Americans. A new staff, with a coach that teaches the game and will run an actual effective offense could make this team into a final 4 team in one off season. If we wait too long, the talent will be gone, along with the prestige of the Tennessee name, and the next staff will be left with a nearly impossible uphill climb to get back to relevancy.

Holly will keep UT in the top 15 as long as she is here. She seems to recruit very well. But she will never bring home a national championship. If she is fired, there is always the chance we get someone worse.. I don't want UT to fire Holly without a good game plan with a pretty clear direction on who they will replace her with.

They won't be in the top 15 in about an hour. And they've spent an awful lot of time outside of the top 15 no matter how well she has recruited.

I don't mind letting her go once the season is over and then looking for a coach. I seriously believe it would be hard to find a more incompetent coach than her.

"There are none so blind as those who WILL not see."

Reactions: TNfan#2
The point I was trying to make was that I don't want UT to fire her without having a candidate identified to replace her. We have seen a lot of coaching searches go bad here at UT the last few years. I am not in favor of keeping her. I do believe we could do worse though and may very well.

The honorable "emeritus" job is still open and would allow more time for recruiting.

shes the ultimate leader of the team...and her decisions and actions or lack there of have gotten us to this point. Yes, it is her fault!

You don't call them, they call you.
They have my number.

They monitor these pages

I'm ready

Be bold and break the mold son.....Call them, or go there.......History waits for no man!

Tell them you are there to save the day.....

I'm not being facetious.....I've read your past posts.....You've said since 2016 you can be a big help.....

I believe you.....

We are all waiting......

Reactions: 007Racer
The point I was trying to make was that I don't want UT to fire her without having a candidate identified to replace her. We have seen a lot of coaching searches go bad here at UT the last few years. I am not in favor of keeping her. I do believe we could do worse though and may very well.

So they should start interviewing now behind her back, get a signed agreement, then fire Holly?

Perhaps I'm naive, but I don't think it works that way.

I still don't think they can do worse, unless you just hire a completely toxic personality. There are probably high school coaches that can put her to shame.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Most every poster on Vol Nation likes Holly as a person, but not many posters like her as the "head coach" of the Lady Vols Women's Basketball program.....
What in the WideWide World of Sports has that got to do with it?????? I don't know Holly as a person. I KNOW her as a Coach. And she is
AWFUL!~ Very few if ANY like Saban as a PERSON, if he is one, butt they sure like the program he runs and the product he puts on the field!!

If we are generous, they are tied for 20th. A slightly more accurate, albeit churlish,
reading is that we are 21st, along with Viv Stringer's team.

So...they're no longer in the top 15. That was a given considering they lost yesterday. Or am I missing something?
As Mr. Churchill nearly said, "Nevuh in the course of human events, have so few
done so little with so much talent"

VN Store

Back