Is it possible we have one of the best, and worst fan bases in college football?

I would take you guys over the ones closer to Baton Rouge. You have to remember, everyone is an expert.
And I will not pick an argument with fans who empty the rose bowl of every available drop of booze prior to the kickoff 👍😂😂

my criticism comes from how predictable we are. every one knows what you are going to do when you line up. we have like.. 6 plays in the playbook.

How every Tennessee fan felt when Pig Howard Fumbled against Bama
76924C76-E22C-457D-9003-4B122E761FE8.gif
How every Tennessee fan felt when JG fumbled against Bama for a Bama TD run back
E17C276B-0FC9-4D43-BFBE-277A4274BAFB.gif
But somehow we always manage to show up 168 hours later for the next humiliation. We deserve medals by gosh 😂

No different than any other fan base, I think.

Sure, you need to wade through some irrational comments based on emotion, maybe a few trolls that like to stir the pot, and a few that just want to argue because they get no attention in their personal life, but you also get many legitimate points of view that may be different than yours, thought provoking comments, and a lot of humor and fun. I mean, isn't that what message boards are for, fan interaction? There is a fan in London who posts on here for crying out loud. These websites are literally set up for opinions and conjecture. If you find it irritating or feel that only coaches and football pros have a right to an opinion about football, then maybe this isn't the site for you. Personally, I would prefer an honest opinion from a fan (reasonable, of course) over the typical "coach speak." They have million dollar contracts riding on what they say and do, you're not going to get an honest opinion out of them.

As far as the fanbase in general? UT gets 80k+ to show up for nearly every home game, even when they are trash. It's a pretty damn good fanbase.

stop right there. you must be new here.

we have seen this movie before. many, many times.
And, unfortunately know how it ends. But, I'll play along for awhile with misguided optimism, hoping at some point we've hired the right guy. Though we lost, and could have won last weekend, I've got a feeling this offense is going to catch a team or two off guard and get a couple of unanticipated W's.

All off season, reading the message boards, and the consensus was that this years team would be avg at best. Most folks picked between 5-7 - 6-6, with a few outliers giving more sunshine, and some more negavol. This team is exactly what most expected them to be. After two games, this board is riddle with ridicule of a team you would think had national title hopes! It's comical to me watching it all unfold honestly. I will say as for the play, it has been a pleasure to watch them be competitive so far, with two games under a team who lost 30 player to the transfer portal, and a new head coach and staff that was brought in late, I'm not going to play arm chair quarterback and pretend I know more than the coaching staff. At this point, y'all are just conjecturing. Carry on though all you football geniuses, QB guru's, and arm chair quarterbacks. Makes for some fun reading!
Its not THAT WE LOST....its HOW WE LOST. Milton can't hit a frigging barn....the most accurate passer on the team hasn't even seen the field in 2 games. 🤬

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
you got lucky because your coach (i refuse to call him a head coach, he was coordinator) had seen it before. 9-4 with some of the worst losses in tennessee history does not make a winning season. tennessee IS the standard that others live up to.

The problem in my mind is that we have been through so many bad coaching hires, that many are trigger happy at this point to just proclaim that someone will never be successful and needs to be fired.

Saying Heupel needs to be fired after two games is unreasonable. Proclaiming that he will never make it here after two games is also pretty unfair.

At this point, none of us know if he will be successful here long term. People will say that they know, and if he fails they will be proven correct. The problem is that nearly all coaches aren't successful long term if the standard of success is winning a national title or winning the SEC. Have less than 10 coaches made the college football playoff? How many active coaches have a national title? I agree that the standard of success is a title of some sort, but I don't see how wanting the guy fired right now does us any good.

We have the best. Look at Neyland, look at how many people are on this board etc. How many teams with our record the past 12 years still generates buzz. We are also a pissed off fanbase because we’ve been fed BS by the admin for a long time.

Reactions: RhodesVol
Only way the fans have any impact is to not show up. Whining and crying on a message board doesn't effect anything.. Now tweeting young kids and stalking them is different and kind of creepy, so don't do that.

Agree with McDad. Reading the boards, you are really only getting the "extremely passionate" fan views, both good and bad. Most fans just tailgate, show up to the game, and wait until next week to do it again so it is hard to capture those voices when they don't participate online. We are also a beaten down fanbase who remembers being successful vs perpetually bad teams like Vandy whose fans are use to it. Personally, I was hesitant about Heupel and am losing interest pretty quick if Milton keeps starting while looking so bad. It just seems like JG/Pruitt all over and I don't want to see that again.
Think it's a wait & see situation. TX A&M just had to change their QB because of an injury & Texas just changed their #2 QB to #1 because he played better. Let's hope our coach doesn't have blind allegiance. Play the guy who's playing the best--not rocket science.

All off season, reading the message boards, and the consensus was that this years team would be avg at best. Most folks picked between 5-7 - 6-6, with a few outliers giving more sunshine, and some more negavol. This team is exactly what most expected them to be. After two games, this board is riddle with ridicule of a team you would think had national title hopes! It's comical to me watching it all unfold honestly. I will say as for the play, it has been a pleasure to watch them be competitive so far, with two games under a team who lost 30 player to the transfer portal, and a new head coach and staff that was brought in late, I'm not going to play arm chair quarterback and pretend I know more than the coaching staff. At this point, y'all are just conjecturing. Carry on though all you football geniuses, QB guru's, and arm chair quarterbacks. Makes for some fun reading!

first time.gif

Obligatory.

Its the same every year, we set low expectations then comes the media blitz talking about a 6'5" 245lb QB with a rifle arm and running ability that Michigan, Bama and UGA have overlooked. Practice starts and the momentum starts building up to the opening game. Thats where reality starts hitting us in the face and we are back to that 6-6 prediction.

Reactions: VolinMC
OP, this happens every year...it seems.

During the off-season, the regular sunshine pumpers all agree that anything from 5-7 to 7-5 would be acceptable. The negavols chime in and say there's enough talent on the field to that 7-8 wins should be expected. It's almost like they change places.

Once August gets here and practice starts the pumpers wind themselves into a frenzy and some will guarantee 9 wins with a chance at 10 if everything goes right. Then a game like Pitt happens, and, well....here we are.

Agreed.. here are the biggest things I heard this off season

1. 6-6 would be a positive year (still have a chance)
2. I just hope we can score points… ✅
3. Stay competitive.. so far ✅

But week 2… fire the coach and let’s shut down the football program… it’s F***ing stupid
Well when your new coach plays the worst QB on the Roster 2 weeks in a row the fans start to ? his ability . Just the way it is

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back