Is it possible we have one of the best, and worst fan bases in college football?

stonesk

All off season, reading the message boards, and the consensus was that this years team would be avg at best. Most folks picked between 5-7 - 6-6, with a few outliers giving more sunshine, and some more negavol. This team is exactly what most expected them to be. After two games, this board is riddle with ridicule of a team you would think had national title hopes! It's comical to me watching it all unfold honestly. I will say as for the play, it has been a pleasure to watch them be competitive so far, with two games under a team who lost 30 player to the transfer portal, and a new head coach and staff that was brought in late, I'm not going to play arm chair quarterback and pretend I know more than the coaching staff. At this point, y'all are just conjecturing. Carry on though all you football geniuses, QB guru's, and arm chair quarterbacks. Makes for some fun reading!

All off season, reading the message boards, and the consensus was that this years team would be avg at best. Most folks picked between 5-7 - 6-6, with a few outliers giving more sunshine, and some more negavol. This team is exactly what most expected them to be. After two games, this board is riddle with ridicule of a team you would think had national title hopes! It's comical to me watching it all unfold honestly. I will say as for the play, it has been a pleasure to watch them be competitive so far, with two games under a team who lost 30 player to the transfer portal, and a new head coach and staff that was brought in late, I'm not going to play arm chair quarterback and pretend I know more than the coaching staff. At this point, y'all are just conjecturing. Carry on though all you football geniuses, QB guru's, and arm chair quarterbacks. Makes for some fun reading!
We're the same as any other passionate fan base with a big following. We have a normal bell curve distribution of psychosis.

Agreed.. here are the biggest things I heard this off season

1. 6-6 would be a positive year (still have a chance)
2. I just hope we can score points… ✅
3. Stay competitive.. so far ✅

But week 2… fire the coach and let’s shut down the football program… it’s F***ing stupid

you cannot blame the fans for what they have been put through. I don't know where you get this from. there are graduates of tennessee that have NEVER seen a winning season.

Reactions: NashvilleFan
I can't shake this feeling that the team will grow up quickly and give us a lot to be happy (hopeful) about this year.

too many idiots on here just pissing and moaning all the time due to their lack of intelligence about the game

that closely resemble me in general, lol

Reactions: kcvols1
We're the same as any other passionate fan base with a big following. We have a normal bell curve distribution of psychosis.

Agree with McDad. Reading the boards, you are really only getting the "extremely passionate" fan views, both good and bad. Most fans just tailgate, show up to the game, and wait until next week to do it again so it is hard to capture those voices when they don't participate online. We are also a beaten down fanbase who remembers being successful vs perpetually bad teams like Vandy whose fans are use to it. Personally, I was hesitant about Heupel and am losing interest pretty quick if Milton keeps starting while looking so bad. It just seems like JG/Pruitt all over and I don't want to see that again.

Even Botch had back to back 9 win seasons. With this schedule, we should expect 7-9 wins.

With this schedule, 6 wins should be the floor.

I hate shoulda/coulda/woulda, but you can't help but look back at Saturday and say all three at some point when talking about the game.

Shoulda hit wide open receivers for TDs, coulda had 14 more points, woulda beat a good Pitt team and future NFL Qb.

Reactions: preacherwebb
you had the worst loss in history to start the season, lost to both your sec opponents, and only won your low level money bowl with luck and grit.

the fly trap is Disney. I DO NOT TRUST the spread. it hasn't worked yet. It's a tv ploy. it doesn't work in the sec.

Agreed.. here are the biggest things I heard this off season

1. 6-6 would be a positive year (still have a chance)
2. I just hope we can score points… ✅
3. Stay competitive.. so far ✅

But week 2… fire the coach and let’s shut down the football program… it’s F***ing stupid

Not seeing VN calling to fire the coach. The criticism of the starting qb is entirely warranted.

VN Store

Back