Is it just me.......

Yeah, let’s claim that a coach that gave up 38 points to vaunted Georgia State is so much better than a coach that gave up 46 points to a national championship contender with a Heisman front runner at QB.

Do you people even try to think before posting such craziness?

i hate abalama as much as anyone, but unfortunately, they will find themselves in the playoffs before its over. Their entire organization feels entitled and cant handle a national stage loss.

Yeah, let’s claim that a coach that gave up 38 points to vaunted Georgia State is so much better than a coach that gave up 46 points to a national championship contender with a Heisman front runner at QB.

Never considered it, really.
GBO!!

Reactions: overseasorange2
Yes, and Tua is overrated!

No he's not. He's a darn fine QB and has proven it repeatedly. His OL ran into one of those great LSU defensive teams for one thing. For another he had receivers dropping well-thrown passes. Such things have happened to Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Y.A. Title, Tom Brady, and Vol-god Peyton Manning. It's not Tau's first time either, and it won't be his last. It's called football and anybody can and eventually will get their arse kicked.

One of the best things UT Football has done in the last few years, was send our brain trust to Bama....
Speaking of which. Is it just me or do others think the coverage people make it a point every Bama game to show at least one shot of Butchie boy. They very seldom show other coaches on Saban's sideline and Butchie is not even a coach. But there he is, sometimes sucking up to Saban and others (like Sat) looking intense, like what just happened (not good) was his doing. Hell, he has nothing to do with anything..

Reactions: I40flyer
One of the best things UT Football has done in the last few years, was send our brain trust to Bama....

Yes and when we beat Mizzou and they fire Dooley, Bama can hire him as Assistant to the Offensive Analyst and get a cubicle opposite Butch.

Reactions: I40flyer

Oh **** Georgia State was that the only game we've played this year? Do you people even think before posting?? I'm certain no one was comparing Saban and Pruitt, it was comparing Pruitt and their current d coordinator who is not Saban btw

Oh **** Georgia State was that the only game we've played this year? Do you people even think before posting?? I'm certain no one was comparing Saban and Pruitt, it was comparing Pruitt and their current d coordinator who is not Saban btw

Yes...based on one game by such d coordinator....See the similarity?

Also, you and OP seem to be giving credit to Pruitt for the Vols D...but seem to deny Saban credit for the Tide D....

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Be careful, they don't like being wrong, even if it benefits us, and they still have some valid points. GaSt. and we're still not bowl eligible yet. So I guess what I'm saying is, be patient just a little longer.

No matter how long you wait, Behr, you can never take Georgia State away from them. It's the nega-gift that just keeps on giving.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
They will never forget that loss. Even though in the last 3-4 games there is marked improvement on both sides of the ball and even more importantly an improvement in the second half which shows he can make half time adjustments. In other words he actually coaches.... unlike his predecessor. That is one thing Joe Paterno could always do....make half time adjustments usually resulting in a win even though they were behind at half time.:cool:We actually have a coach!!!!!

Yes...based on one game by such d coordinator....See the similarity?

Also, you and OP seem to be giving credit to Pruitt for the Vols D...but seem to deny Saban credit for the Tide D....
I'm not taking any credit from saban it's his defense but he's not calling the plays the d coordinator is, just like here it's Pruitts defense but Ansley is calling the plays. Pruitt takes a more hands on approach where as Saban let's his coordinators do more. Georgia state was not a good game for us but seeing where we are now after young players have developed and figured out what to do in a game situation is light years where we were then. So bringing it up all the time doesn't make any sense but some can't help it they love anything and everything negative. If you think Saban wouldn't love to have Pruitt back (you know one of the best d coordinators in the country) then your sadly mistaken

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Well, according to Bama fans on Twitter, they're about to fire that loser anyway. But yeah, I think a Pruitt defense holds LSU under 46.

Well look at it this way, Pruitt’s D already held Bama to less points than LSU did and 7 of those were given to them towards the end of the game. I agree with you!

Reactions: Tarkus

Well they are working with much different pieces, but as a whole I would say the OP is correct.

Dumb post imo. This team in no way resembles the team that lost to GaState over 2.5 months ago. Since then, we’ve given up far fewer points to much better teams, you surely know that. We play them today, doubt they score 10 points.

Dumb post imo. This team in no way resembles the team that lost to GaState over 2.5 months ago. Since then, we’ve given up far fewer points to much better teams, you surely know that. We play them today, doubt they score 10 points.

And if (since we are playing the if game) we played LSU next Saturday they would name their score.

On Saturday, Saban really looked lost and confused. Ddn't seem to make any defensive adjustments.

Just stood there with his palms up and watched LSU kick the chit out of his lads.nick-saban.jpg

Who said that?

And if (since we are playing the if game) we played LSU next Saturday they would name their score.
Not following on what that has to do with anything.

Be careful, they don't like being wrong, even if it benefits us, and they still have some valid points. GaSt. and we're still not bowl eligible yet. So I guess what I'm saying is, be patient just a little longer.

You forgot botched coaching search and dumpster fire.

Um, they're 22-2 in the two years since Pruit left so far, so ... no?

VN Store

Back