Is Henry T history ?

Henry T missed the spotlight of being recruited and talked up. Didn't want to stay here and stick with the grind.

I'm also curious, we were obviously paying players or players families and since all the Neids recruits are leaving the program I wonder if Henry T and Crouch were some of the players getting paid? I'm obviously just speculating but two 5 stars would be the obvious targets for bags of cash to come to UT.

He has 2 years of eligibility and a red shirt year. He doesn't have to be in that big of a hurry. He could transfer to Bama or Clemson, sit a year and graduate, build his body, learn how to cover a back or TE, pick up a "new system" and be an All American for one, maybe two seasons and be a top 10 pick.

IMO, we will never see him in UT orange again.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
He has 2 years of eligibility and a red shirt year. He doesn't have to be in that big of a hurry. He could transfer to Bama or Clemson, sit a year and graduate, build his body, learn how to cover a back or TE, pick up a "new system" and be an All American for one, maybe two seasons and be a top 10 pick.

Good.

Why would he go to either of these schools expecting to get lots of field time? I just don't think he fits either school's defensive set up. TOO SLOW. I don't care what his speed times show, he is to slow on the field. Be it mental ( as it seems to be sometimes) or just slow footed. I don't think he would make the field all that much at Bama or Clem.

Bricks, there's zero chance. He's finishing the spring semester. Then he'll move. Probably already has a new school picked out, and scholarship arranged. Just finishing his coursework. That's all.
You mean a football player that actually cares about his school work. Who would have thought?;)

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Why would he go to either of these schools expecting to get lots of field time? I just don't think he fits either school's defensive set up. TOO SLOW. I don't care what his speed times show, he is to slow on the field. Be it mental ( as it seems to be sometimes) or just slow footed. I don't think he would make the field all that much at Bama or Clem.

So first year he was a true Freshman, he was small and slow (expected). Second year he regressed (IMO), but come to find out he didn't have a proper coach. His position coach was Neids, I mean... Neids. The bag man. His body was damaged as well. He had lots of injuries as a Freshman that he could never recovered from in his second year because he had to play so much. He is still a quality player (5 star out of HS) and Saban wanted him and recruited him hard. Bama has depth so he can save his body and red shirt. A year under a quality staff and a quality strength and conditioning program would do him wonders. In two years he could come out as a redshirt Junior and be in the rotation at Bama. He is a good run stopper. He has a knack for finding the hole and filling it. He could be out there on 1st and 2nd down then sideline in obvious passing situations - the Bama luxury.

I’m sure we have the money to, but the NCAA doesn’t conveniently look the other way for us.

To be fair though, Bama’s administration also doesn’t rat themselves out.
I’m sure they’ve got a system in place to discretely get it done. Saban has a system for everything

If he really is leaving, it’s a huge mistake not to be in spring practice at his new school.
It's a mistake to skip spring practice, period. He's got to learn a new defense regardless. He's missing an opportunity to do that, missing an opportunity to improve his body and (perhaps most importantly) missing an opportunity to gain respect from his coaches, teammates and pro scouts.

Unless he goes to a mid- or lower-tier program, I don't think he'll be a starter this fall. That would mean that he's costing himself millions of dollars by skipping spring practice. He could've gone pro after this season if he'd of just stayed the course.

That being said, let's not pretend like we know all the details. It's possible he was one of the guys who received money from Tennessee. He could have been forced out because of that and he could be having a tough time finding a place to land because of that. I can't help but wonder if he, Crouch, Morris, and Gray were all encouraged to transfer for that reason given how high profile their recruitment was. Who knows, but if he's got the option to practice this spring he needs to be practicing.

Bricks, there's zero chance. He's finishing the spring semester. Then he'll move. Probably already has a new school picked out, and scholarship arranged. Just finishing his coursework. That's all.
agreed, but I am holding out hope.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

He won't crack the 2 deep at bama, however, he will get much better coaching and will be in a system that has everyone on the same page. A system that doesn't rat out and self inflict sanctions. NCAA is still going to make an example out of UT , and Bama is still going to own us. We would lose one of our better players to Bama . Gonna be weird seeing him in crimson lighting up our RBs. Not saying all of that will happen, but its the tennessee way .

He won't crack the 2 deep at bama, however, he will get much better coaching and will be in a system that has everyone on the same page. A system that doesn't rat out and self inflict sanctions. NCAA is still going to make an example out of UT , and Bama is still going to own us. We would lose one of our better players to Bama . Gonna be weird seeing him in crimson lighting up our RBs. Not saying all of that will happen, but its (it used to be) the tennessee way .

FYP. It's a new era.

I’m sure we have the money to, but the NCAA doesn’t conveniently look the other way for us.

To be fair though, Bama’s administration also doesn’t rat themselves out.
Well to be fair, their administration has a better coaching staff and a winning program. No need to rat out winners. UT paid for 4 and 5 star talent with 1-star results. That is all coaching, and the staff needed to go!

VN Store

Back