Is Guarantano the final nail in the coffin for Tennessee football?

WhenUrVolUrVFL

We’ve had minor resurgences, but I don’t think we’re getting off the mat this time. We’ve been down too long.

We have become Minnesota.

Sucks.

I honestly made my decision on where to go to college in large part due to the football team and being connected to a school I can proudly support and donate to...and now, I don’t think I’ll ever see them win anything ever in football.

We’ve had minor resurgences, but I don’t think we’re getting off the mat this time. We’ve been down too long.

Sucks.

I honestly made my decision on where to go to college in large part due to the football team and being connected to a school I can proudly support and donate to...and now, I don’t think I’ll ever see them win anything ever in football.
At least they're Champions of Life

For the suckage era, yes. We will be a top program again with a homerun hire and JG gone.

We have been a doormat for over a decade. That’s almost 10% of the time Tennessee has been a football program....

I don’t want to be such a negative ****, but after seeing our administration do stupid things like give Pruitt an extension. Before the season started, I’m convinced there’s way more problems here than most realize.

Sucks.

He may not be the nail but there is no denying he is easily the worst QB in Tennessee history. Everyone can pick a QB’s single performance as worst “single game QB” in Tennessee history but the fact JG has played in 40+ games and his record is sub .500 and career average is under 200 yards a game is amazing. The guy hasn’t done anything significantly successful over the course of his career here.

We have been a doormat for over a decade. That’s almost 10% of the time Tennessee has been a football program....

I don’t want to be such a negative ****, but after seeing our administration do stupid things like give Pruitt an extension. Before the season started, I’m convinced there’s way more problems here than most realize.

No doubt, I should’ve put “if” we make a homerun hire.

Just need a new QB then we can re asses. Then again we have virtually 0 pass rush

I’ve mentioned it before and I’m sticking with it, the whole demeanor of the team will change with someone else behind center. This team has no faith in JG and they’ve laid down on Pruitt because of his dumb decision to keep the guy in.

How long will it take us to recognize Tennessee football once we’re good again? My guess.. about 6 games. I will be gun shy I know that.

Sucks.

In my sports fan history dating 50 years, my favorite teams have won championships about 5 or 6 times. That averages out to be about once every 10 years. I’m grateful for each and every one of them. It’s the possibility of winning one that keeps me interested. I was still fully invested in UT coming into 2020. It’s been the toughest and most frustrating year I have ever been involved in as a fan, mainly because the fix for UT football this year was so easy and in my opinion completely ignored by our HC.

Tennessee was ranked in the top ten for several weeks in 2016 and, in retrospect, had a pretty good squad the year prior.

I recognize that it's been an eternity since the Vols were a top ten fixture, competing for the conference/division and playing in esteemed bowls, but there's absolutely no reason to believe that Tennessee couldn't return to some semblance of its former glory with the right hire and a good roster. Any coach should be able to pull consistent top-flight classes to Knoxville after even one good season, so it's just a matter of finding someone capable of keeping Tennessee in the top twenty for the a span of ~15 games before the ship can start to right itself.

Sucks.

Lol. Do you like basketball at all?

Reactions: NATHAN05
With good coaching, recruiting, and development, we would be a middle of the pack SEC team. We require greatness on all fronts to start catching up.

Reactions: igotworms and tbh

Sucks.

No . Jeremy Pruitt could be though.
Phil’s revenge for being fired I guess

The people that made the decision for Pruitt's contract extension need to be held accountable. Maybe they need their salaries to be cut in half until Pruitt's buyout is complete. Or, just fire every last one of them.

VN Store

Back