Is Chavis Bluffing?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Do you think Chavis is being serious when he says that he can't put his finger on what has been wrong with the defense the past couple of games? Surely that's just press talk. :eek:

I don't know, but Kentucky and Vandy sure did go after Wade a bunch. They were very successful in doing so too! :question:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Dec 1, 2004 10:49 PM
Do you think Chavis is being serious when he says that he can't put his finger on what has been wrong with the defense the past couple of games? Surely that's just press talk.  :eek:

Put his finger on it, hell he needs to put his fist on it :p

If he isn't bluffing, we are seriously screwed :yikes:

For real volinbham! He needs to be in those boys faces when they get up, eat breakfast....so forth and so on.

Seriously... These guys need runningbacks running at them all the time. Even in their sleep.

I hope he's joking. If he's not then something is seriously wrong. Every DC needs to know what's goin on with the big D.

Originally posted by milohimself@Dec 1, 2004 10:57 PM
Seriously... These guys need runningbacks running at them all the time. Even in their sleep.

Talk about a rude awakening! Why don't they use Jabari Davis for this purpose?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Dec 1, 2004 11:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Dec 1, 2004 11:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Dec 1, 2004 10:57 PM

Talk about a rude awakening&#33; Why don&#39;t they use Jabari Davis for this purpose? [/quote]
why hasn&#39;t Jabari gotten any carries of late?

He&#39;s a good power back.

If Chavis can&#39;t put his finger on Vandy and Kentucky,then something is very wrong.I want our old defense back dammit.

i hear jesse mahalona&#39;s uncle died right before the vandy game and had only 3 tackles over the last two games. he has been a bright point on the defense leading the sec in TFL at 16.5.

the article in the tennessean said he was getting guidance from other team members and HOPE he brings a spark to the vols come saturday.

mahalona&#39;s story

side note: tennessee gave away the ball 6 times to auburn. I live in austin, tx. i am surrounded by longhorns and aggies. BEAT AUBURN&#33;&#33;&#33; i dont want to play either one.

I think Coach Chavis was just really frustrated right after the game. After watching the tape he said that things weren&#39;t quite as bad as the seemed at the time, just some of the same issues we&#39;ve had recently. One thing that concerns me is that they weren&#39;t able to get to Boyd enough... maybe that was the screen plays working, but I dunno.

I don&#39;t know how much this changed things, but UK was playing with a new OC, who by all counts, seemed to call a very good game.

We all know the defense gets up for the big games and has all season. This will be a closer game but Auburn is too good. I hope I am wrong. *See the Georgia game 2004. Good to be on board.

if UT could stop the turnovers and tackle on the first try (we are the WORST tackling team, i swear), we can win this game. we have the offense and just need the emotional spark from the defense... or trooper taylor&#33;&#33;

how bout the option pass during the kenturkey game??&#33;&#33; pretty cool.

Tell Hooray to break the glass and get out that orange tux for nawlins&#33;&#33;

Definitely need to take some fundamental lessons in tackling... the best tackler on the team is Burnett, and I&#39;ve even seen him get broken down by some good RBs and recievers.

Originally posted by AllVol98@Dec 2, 2004 11:05 AM
We all know the defense gets up for the big games and has all season. This will be a closer game but Auburn is too good. I hope I am wrong. *See the Georgia game 2004. Good to be on board.

:welcome:

Thanks for the welcome, good to be here with real fans. :bow:

Attachments

• a_burnett_1293_mini.jpg
    a_burnett_1293_mini.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Dec 1, 2004 10:51 PM
I don&#39;t know, but Kentucky and Vandy sure did go after Wade a bunch. They were very successful in doing so too&#33; :question:

I was able to watch the Kentucky game from the press box. And literally EVERY play, whoever Wade was guarding was WIDE open.

Didn&#39;t the Tennessean report today that Fellows looks likely to start, or at least play?

VN Store

Back