Irsay disrespects Peyton

I remember a quote from our own beloved Johnny Majors whern he was asked if he was bitter over losing the heisman to Paul Horning and he said no not at all because he thought Jim Brown should've won it that year.

Dont really respect the opinion of a coke addict. If he didnt have money, he just be another meth head wondering the streets.

If it wasn't for Peyton, there would still be no superbowl trophy in Indy. He could show a little more love for one of his former star players.

I am guessing you are one of the fortunate few who haven’t had to deal with addiction in your family.
Trust me. Irsay is one of the most wonderful people you could ever meet, and he didn’t choose to be an addict any more than one chooses to have pancreatic cancer.
You don’t like his list because he doesn’t include some person who played football at your college? Cool story bro.

I am guessing you are one of the fortunate few who haven’t had to deal with addiction in your family.
Trust me. Irsay is one of the most wonderful people you could ever meet, and he didn’t choose to be an addict any more than one chooses to have pancreatic cancer.
You don’t like his list because he doesn’t include some person who played football at your college? Cool story bro.
No one forced him to snort cocaine and fry his few remaing brain cells. I don't like him because he is an idiot and a punk just like the majority of other NFL team owners.

Last edited:
No one forced him to snort cocaine and fry his few remaing brain cells. I don't like him because he is an idiot and a punk just like the majority of other NFL team owners.
Lol ok. Yea the majority of owners are idiots. Jeez

Peyton is not top five but an argument can be made to place him in the top ten. BTW, the colts haven't done jack squat since Manning left Indy.

Last edited:
He isn't in the top 5 all time of NFL players. He is at best the fourth best qb of all time behind Brady, Young, and Montana. No one with a straight face would argue against Jim Brown, and Walter Payton being ahead of him as well not to mention Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders. Other players like Lawrence Taylor and Jerry Rice would rank high up on the list.

Brady and Montana in front of Manning make sense but Steve Young? Young was a better runner and has more concussions. Why would you put Young ahead of Manning?

Big deal. I would probably omit Peyton from the Top 5 as would most other people.
Would you rank him ahead of Jim Brown, Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, Reggie White, Joe Montana or Lawrence Taylor?
Peyton is well positioned inside the Top 10, but probably not Top 5.
Ahead of LT yes. Probably a better player then Joe Montana too. But I will say I wouldnt have either in the top 5

He isn't in the top 5 all time of NFL players. He is at best the fourth best qb of all time behind Brady, Young, and Montana. No one with a straight face would argue against Jim Brown, and Walter Payton being ahead of him as well not to mention Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders. Other players like Lawrence Taylor and Jerry Rice would rank high up on the list.
Steve Young? Mebbe if he could’ve beat out Joe Montana, but he didn’t have enough of a run to outrank Peyton.

Not 1 mention of an O-lineman from any of you. Are they not football players?

Kinda being facetious trying to point out the fallacy of these all time great lists. If it’s not by position it’s meaningless and era needs to be taken into account too.

Coke head Irsay at it again. Peyton built Indy. Yeah Irsay got the money but Indy is what it is today bc of Peyton.
Without Peyton Irsay along with his father would be considered as one of the worst owners in the history of the nfl. Since buying one of the most well-established franchises in 1972 Peyton was responsible for all of their Super Bowl appearances in the 50 years they owned the colts.

I'd put those 5 and Walter Payton ahead. Peyton feels right at #7
Your orange glasses have distorted your vision. Either that or you never watched Brady play a single game.
I wouldn't say Brady wasn't near as good but it is a valid point that when Peyton's teams had as good or better defenses, he beat Brady. Factor in too, Brady had the better head coach in every meeting. Peyton has a winning record (3-2) against Brady when it mattered most--the post-season. Brady's longevity gives him the edge as the GOAT.

No Lawrence Taylor is a much bigger omission.
Robert Brazile may have been a more impactful player than Taylor. When Brazile played, they didn't keep sack stats. People who have reviewed Brazile's games content that Brazile had more sacks than Taylor. And, Brazile is a quality person. I would also contend that Doug Atkins was better than Taylor.

Not 1 mention of an O-lineman from any of you. Are they not football players?

Kinda being facetious trying to point out the fallacy of these all time great lists. If it’s not by position it’s meaningless and era needs to be taken into account too.
Bruce Matthews, Anthony Munoz, etc……
I agree with ya.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back