ironic circumstance for Jalen Hurd

molsen81

My 49ers is down to one RB. Rumors are starting to spread around here that Jalen Hurd is practicing at RB.

Haha, that would be funny. I hold no ill will towards him, and hope he stops getting injured and can contribute. Was pretty dumb to quit tho, when he would have set the all time rushing record at Tennessee. I feel that would have upped his draft stock in the NFL, and he could have gone pro 2 years sooner, getting valuable time to increase his earning potential.

Definitely a possibility. He couldn't beat out JJ for a WR spot. I could see him in a Patterson role with the 9r's tho.

I think he adds value to any team if he can be a multifaceted plug and play guy. He is too big and runs too high to be an every down kind or running back - he would probably agree - but in a pinch he knows how to play the position. Now he can play rb/wr/te and special teams - his value to the team goes up.

Once I saw him much here I had to walk back my expectations on his really being "special" as a runner. He is a big strong guy that can obviously catch the ball and block. In short yardage/goal line especially I can see someone like Shanahan coming up with some packages that could utilize what Hurd brings to the table.

49ers Place Jalen Hurd on Injured Reserve (Again)
According to this, he is on the injured reserve list, and wont be playing for a couple more weeks at minimum.
Yes, he's on IR and has been practicing at RB. I assume just doing walk-throughs. Shanahan also previously mentioned frustration with not being able to see Hurd on the field so I'm actually surprised that he wasn't cut especially with Trent Sherfield moving up the dept chart.

49ers Place Jalen Hurd on Injured Reserve (Again)
According to this, he is on the injured reserve list, and wont be playing for a couple more weeks at minimum.
"He's never healthy. This is his third season in the NFL and he still hasn't played in a regular season game, which means technically he isn't a professional wide receiver or a even professional football player. He's a professional rehabilitator."

VN Store

Back