iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone 10R

My wireless charger showed up today and it works fine just not with the case I currently use. It has a metal ring type kickstand on the back so it doesn’t work with this case but worked fine without a case and with a couple other cases I have with no metal. I ordered this case last night and they had a lot of cool looking Tennessee designs.

637D2775-E502-480B-9798-DC6C93BDFFE6.jpeg

Reactions: Rishvol
My wireless charger showed up today and it works fine just not with the case I currently use. It has a metal ring type kickstand on the back so it doesn’t work with this case but worked fine without a case and with a couple other cases I have with no metal. I ordered this case last night and they had a lot of cool looking Tennessee designs.

View attachment 176209
Link? I like that case

I have the 5s and am looking to upgrade. I can't decided between the Pixel 3, S9, or XR. I am not huge on big phones though so the XR is def my limit. I think the XS would be my go to on size but I don't think the price increase is worth it. I haven't seen a Pixel 3 in person yet, but I have heard good things about them. I would miss not having headphone jack though.

I have the 5s and am looking to upgrade. I can't decided between the Pixel 3, S9, or XR. I am not huge on big phones though so the XR is def my limit. I think the XS would be my go to on size but I don't think the price increase is worth it. I haven't seen a Pixel 3 in person yet, but I have heard good things about them. I would miss not having headphone jack though.

There’s a lightning adapter for the jack. If you use a lot of different headphones or speakers I could see it becoming a hassle.

There’s a lightning adapter for the jack. If you use a lot of different headphones or speakers I could see it becoming a hassle.
I don't. I have tried Bluetooth ones but I just never remember to charge them as often as I should. So I just stopped using them. I really just use headphones for the gym, and it is the same pair.

Wife switched to S9+. Has trouble with keyboards. Native keyboard quit working. Downloaded one. Quit working. On her 3rd. And drops calls if she gets up and moves in the house. And we have good LTE signal in house. If I were to ditch iPhone for an Android, I'm reading good stuff about the LG V40. I'm still on an SE. My son wants XS, or Prob XR for the price and reviews for xmas. If there are any good deals I might double up. Otherwise my SE just paid off.

Reactions: bigeasy
As someone that hates phones and has an iPhone 6+ that is going on 3-4 years old what is the best upgrade (Apple) that will last another 4 years? I use my phone more for a hot spot for my laptop and to send text messages than I do anything. Yeah I know I can buy a cheaper phone than the iPhone to do the same thing, but I'm used to it so that's what I'm sticking with.
There seems to be a alphanumeric soup of choices now days.

As someone that hates phones and has an iPhone 6+ that is going on 3-4 years old what is the best upgrade (Apple) that will last another 4 years? I use my phone more for a hot spot for my laptop and to send text messages than I do anything. Yeah I know I can buy a cheaper phone than the iPhone to do the same thing, but I'm used to it so that's what I'm sticking with.
There seems to be a alphanumeric soup of choices now days.

I have the 8 plus and I’m content with for now. I can see it lasting another couple years unless they come out with something mind blowing in the next couple iterations. I prefer the home button with fingerprint scanner as well.

Wife switched to S9+. Has trouble with keyboards. Native keyboard quit working. Downloaded one. Quit working. On her 3rd. And drops calls if she gets up and moves in the house. And we have good LTE signal in house. If I were to ditch iPhone for an Android, I'm reading good stuff about the LG V40. I'm still on an SE. My son wants XS, or Prob XR for the price and reviews for xmas. If there are any good deals I might double up. Otherwise my SE just paid off.

Android seems like a good choice. Until you use one everyday, suddenly your iphone and all its ******** quirks become easy to deal with.

Yeah, I know. I'm on my second iPhone. Never had any issues other than the charger port failing. My only other smart phones have been two previous HTC windows phones. Had the newer windows platform had any support, I'd have never put it down. That was the smoothest, most reliable OS that existed in a smart phone. I never had one single freeze up, or software issue of any kind. And the HTC products were jam up. The OS just couldn't get traction against iOS and Android.

I have had 2 Androids and 1 iPhone. My HTC Droid Incredible worked but was pretty annoying to deal with once my 2 year contract ran out. My 2nd Android didn't last the 2 years. My iPhone 5S is 5 years old and outside of battery life, only 15GB of storage, and some kinks it still works well. I guess that answers my question on what phone I should get haha.

I have had 2 Androids and 1 iPhone. My HTC Droid Incredible worked but was pretty annoying to deal with once my 2 year contract ran out. My 2nd Android didn't last the 2 years. My iPhone 5S is 5 years old and outside of battery life, only 15GB of storage, and some kinks it still works well. I guess that answers my question on what phone I should get haha.

I went from an iPhone 6 "down" to an SE when the charge port on the 6 messed up. It had all the guts and camera of the 6. Plus 64 gig verses 16. All in the size of the 5, and only $18 month. And I'm still on 25% with moderate usage after not charging last night. You can still get the SE new on the Verizon site.

The consensus seems to be that it’s a great phone for the price.
So for someone who has been using a 6S+ for 2 years, would you recommend the XR as my upgrade? My phone has really gotten glitchy over the past couple of months. Stopped working with my Appleplay thingy in my car. I may or may not have dropped my phone in my driveway.

One of the main things I use my phone for (besides VN) is listening to podcasts. A couple of weeks ago my podcast app started acting really weird. It would freeze up and I would have to shut it down and restart it several times for it to work. One of the recommendations I saw online was to delete the app and data and then re-install it. Turns out, my phone won't connect to the App Store either. D’oh!!

Or should I just go all in and get an XS Max?

So for someone who has been using a 6S+ for 2 years, would you recommend the XR as my upgrade? My phone has really gotten glitchy over the past couple of months. Stopped working with my Appleplay thingy in my car. I may or may not have dropped my phone in my driveway.

One of the main things I use my phone for (besides VN) is listening to podcasts. A couple of weeks ago my podcast app started acting really weird. It would freeze up and I would have to shut it down and restart it several times for it to work. One of the recommendations I saw online was to delete the app and data and then re-install it. Turns out, my phone won't connect to the App Store either. D’oh!!
I haven’t used it so I can’t speak intelligently about it. But if you’re okay with the few shortcomings it seems to be a solid phone for the price.

I think all of the latest iPhone models are solid in their own ways.

As for your phone, if it’s backed up I would try a full wipe and reset. That might fix it. Worth a shot.

Reactions: vader
Has anyone else upgraded to an iPhone XR with AT&T and had an increase in your device access monthly fee from $20 to $40 per device?

VN Store

Back